Notifications
Clear all

microneedling

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 08/24/2020 5:22 pm

I am going in to have this done on 9/10. It seems like most people here would agree that it doesnt do much for scarring but does it help at all with skin texture, melasma, wrinkles, etc? Or is it just a waste of money?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/24/2020 11:38 pm

6 hours ago, sdps said:

I am going in to have this done on 9/10. It seems like most people here would agree that it doesnt do much for scarring but does it help at all with skin texture, melasma, wrinkles, etc? Or is it just a waste of money?

Yes. Depending on the needle depth, preferably 1.5 mm or deeper, it will help with wrinkles and melasma.

MemberMember
(@sdps)

Posted : 08/24/2020 11:45 pm

Thank you Sirius Lee

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/25/2020 5:34 pm

I did 5dermapen sessions in office and it was mininal.Genius RF microneedling was drasticthough. Very different results.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/25/2020 10:05 pm

4 hours ago, Kay24 said:

I did 5 dermapen sessions in office and it was mininal. Genius RF microneedling was drastic though. Very different results.

And costs nearly10 times as much. >_<

Anyway, @sdps TCA (be it CROSS or PEEL) is much better than standard microneedling.

MemberMember
(@titus70acgmail-com)

Posted : 09/08/2020 6:32 am

I believe microneedling should be a DIY treatment mostly, doing it once a month, to get whatever collagen and skin improvement you can get from a pretty safe and easy method. It's even easier and less risky than a peeling, with little downtime. But this considering you are a responsible person who has done the homework.

Short needles, up to 0,5mm can be done just by anyone without any knowledge of anything though. If you want to pay to get it done it's fine, but for me just the time of going to the derm is just not worthed compared to doing it at home.

MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 09/08/2020 8:35 am

On 8/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, Sirius Lee said:

And costs nearly10 times as much. >_<

Anyway, @sdps TCA (be it CROSS or PEEL) is much better than standard microneedling.

I have seen Microneedling costing $500 upwards per session lately as it is getting popular on social media.  At that price I would just save up for infini which I have found to be $1000-$1500 per session.