Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wza

Question for taners

Since starting accutane my nose has a large amount of blackheads (little ones). What should I do about this or should I not do anything at all? They are pretty weak, they look like they are itching to be removed although I havent done so

I've heard people say that while on 'tane, their blackheads started coming out or disappeared completely. I asked my Derm and he said 'it will treat those too'. So, I'm hoping them do, I have them on my nose. mad.gif

I'm having a blackhead problem too, actually. My nose is VERY dry right now (not inside, the outside is flaking) and my blackheads look to be pushing out of my skin... it looks pretty gross. But they've been like that for a couple weeks now, and nothing else is happening. I am sooo tempted to extract them somehow, but of course I'm terrified of using something like those Biore strips on my sensitive skin..

Not sure what to do??

Mae

Same problem. I have them everywhere- a ton of them. They used to feel rough like sandpaper but now they don't feel that way, but they are still there. I want them gone although they are better than zits.

Also, mine seem very dark and big, more so than "regular blackheads."

I'm having a blackhead problem too, actually. My nose is VERY dry right now (not inside, the outside is flaking) and my blackheads look to be pushing out of my skin... it looks pretty gross. But they've been like that for a couple weeks now, and nothing else is happening. I am sooo tempted to extract them somehow, but of course I'm terrified of using something like those Biore strips on my sensitive skin..

Not sure what to do??

Mae

Pushing out? As in the top are slightly ajar and sitting outside the plugged pore?

its day 8 or 9 of tane for me and ive been noticing it already, i figured id give them a little help out before i get deeper into this and my skin becomes too fragile to touch.- so! i did- a little while ago and they came out pretty smoothly (so far) i only got at the oens that were really looking like they wanted out... and the redness has subsided since. so all clear.

question: when did you all start noticing your blackheads becomeing a big part of things?

i'm in week 6/7 and i've had them for the past month or so... i had one of those extractor things you can buy which gets rid of them fine, but the outside of my nose is peeling badly, so it hurts to do anything to my skin, so I've just been leaving them... but I hate them! Better than having spots, but I really want rid of them...

Pushing out?  As in the top are slightly ajar and sitting outside the plugged pore?

Yeah exactly...my nose feels sort of bumpy because of it. It's especially after I wash my face, it looks like the plugs are raised above my skin.

As for noticing them, yeah I'd say about 2-3 weeks in, I noticed they were bigger than usual... I'm now on week 8!

Mae

i'm in week 6/7 and i've had them for the past month or so... i had one of those extractor things you can buy which gets rid of them fine, but the outside of my nose is peeling badly, so it hurts to do anything to my skin, so I've just been leaving them... but I hate them!  Better than having spots, but I really want rid of them...

Yes exactly, me too! The outside of my nose is peeling too (it's the only place on my face that is peeling). So everytime I want to squeeze blackheads, it irritates the dryness and I just don't understand if the peeling is associated with the blackheads, or what. Weird.

I put Cetaphil cream on my face last night for the first time and this morning the dryness on my nose is a bit better.

Mae

Yes exactly, me too! The outside of my nose is peeling too (it's the only place on my face that is peeling). So everytime I want to squeeze blackheads, it irritates the dryness and I just don't understand if the peeling is associated with the blackheads, or what. Weird.

I put Cetaphil cream on my face last night for the first time and this morning the dryness on my nose is a bit better.

Mae

I can't find Cetaphil cream anywhere, I'm in the UK! I've been using Eucerin, which helps a bit, but it doesn't stop the peeling. Everytime I wash my face, my skin keeps coming off! (so to be gross but its true!!)

My nose is the only place peeling at the moment too. I had a few other patches on my chin/jaw, but they weren't too big, and they've pretty much cleared up. I can't see that happening to my nose anytime soon though, since its peeling so badly!

yes, they seem pretty inevitable.

post back everyone when u notice yours disappearing! the week into accutane that they were gone. we can do an independant study.

luck!

Well, I realize this is an issue for a lot of people on accutane so I'd like to share what my derm told me today.. I asked him about the blackheads on my nose and he said that I could squeeze them out gently. So I did and man there was so much shit in my nose, it was great. I didn't have to press too hard to get them to all come out cleanly, which is good. My nose doesn't seem to have scarred but then again the skin on my nose never does.

I think accutane can make blackheads more readily removable by opening the pores and weakening the dermis, but it seems the only way to get them to come out totally is to apply some pressure. They will come out really easy if you have waited on them for a while. I'm in my 5th week on accutane.

As far as removing the ridiculously big ones, one of mine left a small hole in my nose, but in the past I've squeezed these out when I wasnt on accutane; a huge one- and it didn't leave a perm scar. I suppose it varies from person to person, my cheeks scar easily, but my nose is the rock.