How to incorporate ...

Notifications
Clear all

How to incorporate anti-aging products

MemberMember
(@unharmedcocoa)

Posted : 08/22/2020 9:15 am

I've been using acne.org products for several years with success, it's the only product that cleared up my cystic acne. But I'm 57 now and dealing with wrinkles and sagging skin. Every time I try to incorporate anti-aging/wrinkle products, my face breaks out, whether I switch completely to an anti-aging regimen or try to use along with the acne.org products. Is there any way to treat for wrinkles/sagging while still using acne.org?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 10/08/2020 11:57 am

Retinoids, or retinol to a lesser degree, works for anti-aging/wrinkles to some degree,and they shouldn't break you out as long as they are in a good base. Nothing else really works well enough in my opinion to make it worthwhile.

My suggestion:Since you are older and I hope have less severe acne at this point, perhaps you could you perform the regimen just once a day in the evenings, and use tretinoin gel (you could ask your doc for a prescription and make sure he/she is copacetic with it) in the morning. Tretinoin helps with acne and if you get a prescription in a simple gel base (not cream), it shouldn't be comedogenic.

However, keep in mind that tretinoin or any retinoid only work about 20% to lessen wrinkles, and only work as long as you consistently use it. By far the best way to deal with wrinkles and sagging is to avoid sun exposure.