Notifications
Clear all

How to get rid of old scar (>10 years)?

MemberMember
(@mist-of-icegmail-com)

Posted : 08/19/2020 8:34 pm

Hello, I am a 25 year old woman with oily, sensitive skin and rosacea. I have most of my acne under control but struggle with the PIE they leave behind as well as persistent redness on my cheeks and chin. I™ve had a scar on my right cheek since I was about 12 or 13 and now that most of my acne has cleared up I want to finally get rid of that scar too. I have attached several pictures from different angles so you can get a good look at it. What kind of scar is it, and what treatments would be best? Thank you. 

59302A6D-5A43-4169-B2DF-28037E80268E.jpeg

AEC2D9AD-E5EC-4BCB-A871-F54FF1DF35F6.jpeg

0ACB6484-8CE0-4E0C-88E5-6401B1560EF9.jpeg

5BF857C6-B701-408B-AE96-7158664E87D7.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/20/2020 12:30 am

What is your current skin regimen? Your skin is sensitive for a reason. Two causes are usually at play: inflammation and depletion of natural deposit. Inflammation is the result of constantexposureto toxins. Many skin products contain harsh chemicals unbeknownst to the users. Depletion arises when oil gland or sweat gland is always in need of replenishment. For example, when the sebum is low because you're washing your face too often, it will go into an overdrive to refill the tank and that results in oily skin.

I believe you should tackle your skin condition before jumping on the scar treatment bandwagon. Otherwise, you will unnecessarily suffer from extended hyperpigmentation. So my suggestion is to adopt the "Caveman regimen". Completely stop using ANY skin products, including cleanser and moisturizer (as well as makeup, if possible)for the next 4 weeks. This will allow your skin to heal. Then we can talk about fixing your scars.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/20/2020 9:48 am

13 hours ago, joodster said:

Hello, I am a 25 year old womanwith oily, sensitiveskin and rosacea. I have most of my acne under control but struggle with the PIE they leave behind as well as persistent rednesson my cheeks and chin. Ive had a scar on my right cheek since I was about 12 or 13 and now that most of my acne has cleared up I want to finally get rid of that scartoo. I have attached several pictures from different angles so you can get a good look at it. What kind of scar is it, and what treatments would be best?Thank you.

It seems like subcision would offer improvement.

I think fillers would help but there's a long-term cost to that.

Manual methods are best initially. After that, you may look into lasers to smooth it at the very end.