Notifications
Clear all

How to avoid complications for TCA Cross

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/17/2020 9:09 pm

Hi All,

I'm planning to do a TCA cross 70% on my ice pick scars. I would like to know what should I do to avoid the TCA complication, including scar widening, PIH, etc...

Previously, I have done TCA cross 90% at the same site, however, it has widen two of my small ice pick scars. You can see from my previous post.

Therefore, I was wondering, what to do in order to reduce the TCA complication?

I'm planning to use ointment like 5 times a day to minimize the scabs. What else?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/18/2020 7:26 am

Start off with a few scars only. Read and watch about the proper technique in advance very thouroughly. Dr Lim has some videos. Prep your skin very well. Be careful, don't apply lots of acid and neutralize quickly ( innediately after the skin turns white).

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/19/2020 3:05 am

19 hours ago, MihaelaP said:

Start off with a few scars only. Read and watch about the proper technique in advance very thouroughly. Dr Lim has some videos. Prep your skin very well. Be careful, don't apply lots of acid and neutralize quickly ( innediately after the skin turns white).

Hi Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by neutralizing quickly? Last time, I don't remember my derm neutralize any of the TCA CROSS spots after the dip. He just dipped the toothpick to each of my scars and thats it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/19/2020 3:20 am

13 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

Hi Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by neutralizing quickly? Last time, I don't remember my derm neutralize any of the TCA CROSS spots after the dip. He just dipped the toothpick to each of my scars and thats it.

My derm neutralized it. I have no idea with what exactly. I just remember he swiped it immediately out.

MemberMember
(@facial)

Posted : 11/22/2020 9:36 pm

TCA is self neutralizing, no need to add anything extra.

On 8/19/2020 at 4:20 AM, Guest said:

My derm neutralized it. I have no idea with what exactly. I just remember he swiped it immediately out.

On 8/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, Jack817 said:

I'm planning to do a TCA cross 70% on my ice pick scars.

Did you end up doing it? Any results?