Notifications
Clear all

Skin graft for acne scars

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/17/2020 12:16 am

Hi All,

I'm just curious why skin graft is not recommended for acne scars? I know the colors and texture will be the issue, however, from my perspective, it is still better than pitted scars on the face.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/17/2020 4:14 am

3 hours ago, Jack817 said:

Hi All,

I'm just curious why skin graft is not recommended for acne scars? I know the colors and texture will be the issue, however, from my perspective, it is still better than pitted scars on the face.

I'm curious too

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/17/2020 2:30 pm

14 hours ago, Jack817 said:

Hi All,

Skin graft, while it sounds nice, is not a solution IMO. Merely slapping on a new skin from elsewhere over the pit is not going to fill the hole itself. Holes come in various sized and various depth. On top of that you have to contend with aesthetic differences like color and texture you described. Also how many scars are we talking about, 1 or 2, or over 100? This would be a surgical nightmare for the doctors and cost-prohibitive for the patients.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/17/2020 4:38 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

Skin graft, while it sounds nice, is not a solution IMO. Merely slapping on a new skin from elsewhere over the pit is not going to fill the hole itself. Holes come in various sized and various depth. On top of that you have to contend with aesthetic differences like color and texture you described. Also how many scars are we talking about, 1 or 2, or over 100? This would be a surgical nightmare for the doctors and cost-prohibitive for the patients.

Hi Sirius, I'm not talking about something like punch grafting. Instead, I am thinking something like skin grafting in a large area, like the ones done to the ppl who has burn scars.

I am just curious for ppl with acne scars in large area, why cannot that be done. For example https://www.google.com/search?q=skin+grafting+face&sxsrf=ALeKk01eQOFRL1lTxLFz5qsSRo6lNZ8ZsQ:1597700264177&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1ptClmaPrAhWBv54KHb_GCiUQ_AUoAXoECA0QAw&biw=2560&bih=1270#imgrc=3bhA3FurSnONvM