Notifications
Clear all

Nokor vs Cannula subcision

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/16/2020 11:08 pm

In September I have the option of getting the older, more aggressive version of subcision vs the newer blunt cannula based type. The latter isn't as effective according to my doctor.

Any thoughts? I had heard Nokor can lead to more hematomas and down time.

Also has anyone heard of any infection issues? My doctor said 5% of people could have issues with infection.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/16/2020 11:24 pm

Cannula All the way

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 08/17/2020 12:39 am

Sometimes I feel nokor might be more impactful. If you take a look at this instagram post https://www.instagram.com/tv/CD10gylJXtf/ (near 4:52), im not sure how cannula can break that tethering.

Sure there are a lot more risks involved with nokor, but there could be a lot more reward.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/17/2020 1:45 am

1 hour ago, gynoscar said:

Sometimes I feel nokor might be more impactful. If you take a look at this instagram post https://www.instagram.com/tv/CD10gylJXtf/ (near 4:52), im not sure how cannula can break that tethering.

Sure there are a lot more risks involved with nokor, but there could be a lot more reward.

Never do Nokor if not neccesary

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/17/2020 4:12 am

2 hours ago, Miro said:

Never do Nokor if not neccesary

Why not? Genuinely curious.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/17/2020 4:56 am

Nokor has so many side effects, dont do it, u can cut tethers with cannula same as with nokor without all those side effects.

Skilled dr will always use blunt needle, only if really necessery he uses Nokor for some zones on your face, and i am not even talking about forehead and temples, those zones are very hard to treat Nokor can do damage as hell.

And of course check all the medical studies, Cannula has better results then Nokor or the same without so many side effects .

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/17/2020 6:30 am

1 hour ago, Miro said:

Nokor has so many side effects, dont do it, u can cut tethers with cannula same as with nokor without all those side effects.

Skilled dr will always use blunt needle, only if really necessery he uses Nokor for some zones on your face, and i am not even talking about forehead and temples, those zones are very hard to treat Nokor can do damage as hell.

And of course check all the medical studies, Cannula has better results then Nokor or the same without so many side effects .

Ok. Thanks for the info. I've done Canula so far, but was thinking 8f maybe trying nokor out. They say you might get better results with nokor or even with this new method taylor liberator subcision but that looks so brutal to me. I saw some pics on Instagram. It's really brutal. I don't know if it's any good.

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 08/17/2020 8:25 am

Don't do nokor. I regret doing it.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/17/2020 8:31 am

2 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

Ok. Thanks for the info. I've done Canula so far, but was thinking 8f maybe trying nokor out. They say you might get better results with nokor or even with this new method taylor liberator subcision but that looks so brutal to me. I saw some pics on Instagram. It's really brutal. I don't know if it's any good.

You will not ger better results with nokor

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/17/2020 2:19 pm

Nokor does have its place. If you have scars that are overly fibrotic, cannula will not be able to sever them, at least not as cleanly as Nokor. As you might know, when you cut yourself, you want a nice clean cut. The cleaner the cut, the less scar it will leave. It's the same principle. When you have thick or numerous scar bands, cannula will make a mess out of them. Could this be the reason why some people end up with hypertrophic scars after subcision? Who knows, just a hunch.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 08/17/2020 4:45 pm

depends on scar type.

both methods do theirwork.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/17/2020 5:11 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Nokor does have its place. If you have scars that are overly fibrotic, cannula will not be able to sever them, at least not as cleanly as Nokor. As you might know, when you cut yourself, you want a nice clean cut. The cleaner the cut, the less scar it will leave. It's the same principle. When you have thick or numerous scar bands, cannula will make a mess out of them. Could this be the reason why some people end up with hypertrophic scars after subcision? Who knows, just a hunch.

Hypertrophic?!

Am I going to make more of a mess out of my face than it already is?! 🙁

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/18/2020 4:03 am

Nokor was standard till a few years ago. It's still very effective. But it causes more bruising.

MemberMember
(@jullia-arnoldgmail-com)

Posted : 08/20/2020 1:08 pm

To give my 2 cents: I've had both and prefer the cannula subcision. The cannula does just as good of a job at severing the tethers as the Nokor needle while being less traumatizing to the skin. My recovery after the cannula was much faster, with less swelling and less bruising.