Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aba2020

tca cross for shallow ice pick scar/ dr ben behnam

Recommended Posts

Hi 

do you guys know if tca cross can be used for shallow ice pick scars?

Also, do any of you have had any treatments with DR Ben Behnam in LA , is so , how is he?

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 4:42 AM, Aba2020 said:

do you guys know if tca cross can be used for shallow ice pick scars?

it MUST be used for ice-picks

Edited by Candy Says
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 6:42 PM, Aba2020 said:

Hi 

do you guys know if tca cross can be used for shallow ice pick scars?

Also, do any of you have had any treatments with DR Ben Behnam in LA , is so , how is he?

Thanks!

He's definitely put up more and more videos on YouTube. He looks like he's capitalizing on the acne scar treatments. More $$$ for him.

Seems like a nice doctor but I don't hear much from people here. YouTube his stuff though. He's putting out more media.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 6:42 PM, Aba2020 said:

tca cross can be used for shallow ice pick scars?

Yes it can. You will need to adjust the concentration based on the width and depth of the scar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

He's definitely put up more and more videos on YouTube. He looks like he's capitalizing on the acne scar treatments. More $$$ for him.

Seems like a nice doctor but I don't hear much from people here. YouTube his stuff though. He's putting out more media.

 

 

Why to post such a video without results ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Miro said:

Why to post such a video without results ?

Most doctors don't post results or before and after pictures. First of all, their patients may see results but they are not dramatic results. Second, it takes many months and multiple treatments to get results so it's really hard to save video and then upload them way down the road. Third, the patient may not see good results but they are ok being on camera so they were used in the video.

You can see in the video that Dr. Benham doesn't cover every scar - the patient has a lot of them. Also, he holds the wooden pick a little too far for my liking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amanda Hall said:

 Second, it takes many months and multiple treatments to get results so it's really hard to save video and then upload them way down the road. 

 

Its been posted 2nd month of 2019 , there was enough time to post new video with great results i guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Miro said:

Its been posted 2nd month of 2019 , there was enough time to post new video with great results i guess.

Maybe the patient left or he didn't get good results. The office could also be really busy. I don't know though.

Here's the thing you need to keep in mind..... doctors show that the results CAN work. That doesn't mean you will get the improvement like their patients did. That's just how it goes unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Maybe the patient left or he didn't get good results. The office could also be really busy. I don't know though.

Here's the thing you need to keep in mind..... doctors show that the results CAN work. That doesn't mean you will get the improvement like their patients did. That's just how it goes unfortunately.

This is the same refrain here as well. They initially get all excited after their treatment, and then reality sets in after a few month and they quickly drop out of the picture altogether. 

In order to see the true scope of improvement, you really need to wait at the minimum of 6 months. That means no treatment for another 6 months. Sadly, many people get treatments before then or, worse, they don't bother to come back and update us after 6 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

 

In order to see the true scope of improvement, you really need to wait at the minimum of 6 months. That means no treatment for another 6 months. Sadly, many people get treatments before then or, worse, they don't bother to come back and update us after 6 months.

Thats not true, you can repeat some treatments after 3 months , some sooner , f.e. TCA cross every 6-8 weeks.

However the truth is that noone should post their results sooner then after 6 months after their last treatment, then u can see true results.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Miro said:

Thats not true, you can repeat some treatments after 3 months , some sooner , f.e. TCA cross every 6-8 weeks.

However the truth is that noone should post their results sooner then after 6 months after their last treatment, then u can see true results.

Really! How they post results earlier than 6 months is beyond me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gynoscar said:

If you check one of his older videos about hair loss. You can see that the "patient" is reading from something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-5xFubWxg&t=123s

I don't trust his videos.

 

 

Dr. Benham is capitalizing on YouTube and videos. I bet it's bring him more money. Can't really blame him.

I do praise him for taking the approach of using manual methods first. He opts for TCA Cross before lasers. However, I think his TCA price is pretty high which I don't like.

His videos aren't the best. The patients he uses aren't persuasive but they don't seem fake. There's no rehearsal. The questions are sometimes way too generic and the format isn't high quality. But at least he's getting something out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, Aba2020 said:

Hi 

do you guys know if tca cross can be used for shallow ice pick scars?

Also, do any of you have had any treatments with DR Ben Behnam in LA , is so , how is he?

Thanks!

I have had a few treatments with Dr Ben Behnam in LA. TCA cross, subcision and filler. He’s reasonably skilled and friendly. I definitely saw improvement and would go back for more sessions. He opts for manual treatments which is great and he doesn’t sell you a laser package which I honestly thought that would happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shei514 said:

I have had a few treatments with Dr Ben Behnam in LA. TCA cross, subcision and filler. He’s reasonably skilled and friendly. I definitely saw improvement and would go back for more sessions. He opts for manual treatments which is great and he doesn’t sell you a laser package which I honestly thought that would happen. 

How would he compare with Rullan? Is the pricing similar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, shei514 said:

I have had a few treatments with Dr Ben Behnam in LA. TCA cross, subcision and filler. He’s reasonably skilled and friendly. I definitely saw improvement and would go back for more sessions. He opts for manual treatments which is great and he doesn’t sell you a laser package which I honestly thought that would happen. 

Hi Thanks so much for your reply. I see based on your previous posts that you visited Dr. Rullan as well. Who do you think is better for fillers? I'm interested in getting sculptra but kind of iffy about Dr Rullan since I've heard he isn't the best with fillers and I really don't want him into inject more in one place and i end up building more collagen in one spot and look like a chipmunk lol . Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had HA fillers performed as part of my overall treatment plan by Dr. Rullan this past July and so far am extremely satisfied with the improvement.  I also considered Dr. Benham but decided to go with Dr. Rullan based on the real life reviews on this forum and on youtube.

I'm happy to share more about my experience if you want to message me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 7:48 PM, gynoscar said:

How would he compare with Rullan? Is the pricing similar?

He’s decent but Rullan has the reputation and is really skilled with phenol cross and subcision. Prices for Rullan’s trio (laser, sub and phenol cross) is $1700 USD. Subcision by itself with Rullan is $1000 I believe. Not sure about phenol cross as a single treatment but it’s pretty expensive that’s why you get more bang for your buck doing the trio with Rullan. 
 

Ben Behnam TCA Cross was $600 USD, subcision was $600 USD and filler was $550 I believe and this was at the time I saw him last year in 2019. His prices are reasonable for LA and like I said he doesn’t sell you a laser package or try and one over with you which is great. 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:17 AM, Aba2020 said:

Hi Thanks so much for your reply. I see based on your previous posts that you visited Dr. Rullan as well. Who do you think is better for fillers? I'm interested in getting sculptra but kind of iffy about Dr Rullan since I've heard he isn't the best with fillers and I really don't want him into inject more in one place and i end up building more collagen in one spot and look like a chipmunk lol . Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks

As for fillers, both are great. I had no issues with either. Loved my results and don’t really have a preference.With Dr Behnam you buy the filler $550 USD and anything that’s left over that he doesn’t use on you he will store it and you have up to a month to go back and get a touch up before it is discarded. I did filler of times with him and was never disappointed. 

Edited by shei514
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shei514 said:

He’s decent but Rullan has the reputation and is really skilled with phenol cross and subcision. Prices for Rullan’s trio (laser, sub and phenol cross) is $1700 USD. Subcision by itself with Rullan is $1000 I believe. Not sure about phenol cross as a single treatment but it’s pretty expensive that’s why you get more bang for your buck doing the trio with Rullan. 
 

Ben Behnam TCA Cross was $600 USD, subcision was $600 USD and filler was $550 I believe and this was at the time I saw him last year in 2019. His prices are reasonable for LA and like I said he doesn’t sell you a laser package or try and one over with you which is great. 

As for fillers, both are great. I had no issues with either. Loved my results and don’t really have a preference.With Dr Behnam you buy the filler $550 USD and anything that’s left over that he doesn’t use on you he will store it and you have up to a month to go back and get a touch up before it is discarded. I did filler of times with him and was never disappointed. 

For savings, maybe get subcision with Benham and then drive down and get Phenol Cross with Rullan? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shei514 said:

He’s decent but Rullan has the reputation and is really skilled with phenol cross and subcision. Prices for Rullan’s trio (laser, sub and phenol cross) is $1700 USD. Subcision by itself with Rullan is $1000 I believe. Not sure about phenol cross as a single treatment but it’s pretty expensive that’s why you get more bang for your buck doing the trio with Rullan. 
 

Ben Behnam TCA Cross was $600 USD, subcision was $600 USD and filler was $550 I believe and this was at the time I saw him last year in 2019. His prices are reasonable for LA and like I said he doesn’t sell you a laser package or try and one over with you which is great. 

As for fillers, both are great. I had no issues with either. Loved my results and don’t really have a preference.With Dr Behnam you buy the filler $550 USD and anything that’s left over that he doesn’t use on you he will store it and you have up to a month to go back and get a touch up before it is discarded. I did filler of times with him and was never disappointed. 

I got a recent quote from Ben's office:
 

"Subcision is $600 per cheek and sculptra is $750." Does cheeks cover temples? Looks like the price increased. 

 
Edited by gynoscar
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gynoscar said:

I got a recent quote from Ben's office:
 

"Subcision is $600 per cheek and sculptra is $750." Does cheeks cover temples? Looks like the price increased. 

 

Oh wow $600 per cheek that’s ridiculous. I don’t remember paying that much per cheek... I never did sculptra with him I believe it is the more expensive filler. In Australia I paid less than $300 AUD for subcision. I miss those days lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sirius Lee

Do you know anything about Davin Lim's paint technique?  

 

As far as i'm aware he uses low% on wider icepicks/ smaller boxcar scars?  I have a few scars that are slightly wider than an icepick (think small chicken pox).  After watching Lim's videos he makes it pretty apparent that he uses tca even on boxcar scars with good results.

 

Is paint technique just lower % on a few passes?  I never really understood the difference between like 2 passes at 30% versus 1 pass at 60%

 

Would love to hear your thoughts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 12:53 AM, gynoscar said:

I got a recent quote from Ben's office:
 

"Subcision is $600 per cheek and sculptra is $750." Does cheeks cover temples? Looks like the price increased. 

 

Oops, I misread that. Subcision for $600 per cheek is like Dr. Rullan's cost.

I think he charges $600 for TCA Cross which is extremely high. Can someone verify this?

Edited by Amanda Hall
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, thepwhisp said:

@Sirius Lee

Do you know anything about Davin Lim's paint technique?  

It's not so much how the TCA is applied, but what is used to apply it with. Lim used to use a syringe but now he uses a fine brush. Hence the name "paint".

 

13 hours ago, thepwhisp said:

As far as i'm aware he uses low% on wider icepicks/ smaller boxcar scars?  I have a few scars that are slightly wider than an icepick (think small chicken pox).  After watching Lim's videos he makes it pretty apparent that he uses tca even on boxcar scars with good results.

Is paint technique just lower % on a few passes?  I never really understood the difference between like 2 passes at 30% versus 1 pass at 60%

Frankly, I haven't kept up with Lim for some time so I don't know. But I'm pretty sure he uses 100% for the icepicks and somewhere around 80% for the deep boxcars.

As far as number of passes are concerned, applying 2 passes of 30% does not mean 1 pass of 60%. That's crazy math. If that's true, why not apply 10 passes of 10% TCA to achieve the equivalence of 100% TCA. Never gonna happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 5:26 PM, shei514 said:

He’s decent but Rullan has the reputation and is really skilled with phenol cross and subcision. Prices for Rullan’s trio (laser, sub and phenol cross) is $1700 USD. Subcision by itself with Rullan is $1000 I believe. Not sure about phenol cross as a single treatment but it’s pretty expensive that’s why you get more bang for your buck doing the trio with Rullan. 
 

Ben Behnam TCA Cross was $600 USD, subcision was $600 USD and filler was $550 I believe and this was at the time I saw him last year in 2019. His prices are reasonable for LA and like I said he doesn’t sell you a laser package or try and one over with you which is great. 

As for fillers, both are great. I had no issues with either. Loved my results and don’t really have a preference.With Dr Behnam you buy the filler $550 USD and anything that’s left over that he doesn’t use on you he will store it and you have up to a month to go back and get a touch up before it is discarded. I did filler of times with him and was never disappointed. 

 

thanks for your reply. by any chance did you get sculptra from Rullan>?? or have you ever gotten sculptra? I like to know whether sculptra can really build collagen and whether it's worth it. Truthfully, I've had many treatments on my scars over the last 10 years and my scars still visible. However, way more shallow than before. I have shallow Icepick scars now and  some box scars, and I am debating if I should get phenol cross. I'm scared I get it and my shallow scars become deeper. That's why I'm thinking to try sculptra and see how much collagen I can produce. I've ordered derminator as well and hoping it does arrive since they said it takes 3 months. Have you tried derminator? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×