Notifications
Clear all

Lumps after dermal filler treatment

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/14/2020 2:08 pm

Hi All,

I was wondering does anyone experience lumps after filler treatment? The filler on my left side settled very well since I cannot see any lumps, but the fillers on the right side is my concern.

I can see 2 medium size lumps from the injection sites, which are not very soft, but not hard as well. I was wondering will this dissolve on its own?

It is been a week after the injection.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/14/2020 2:28 pm

Were you instructed to massage the area? It takes up to 2 weeks for HA fillers to harden, so start massaging if you haven't done that already. If you still see lumps after three weeks, you can have the filler dissolved (assumingit's an HA filler).

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/14/2020 2:38 pm

13 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Were you instructed to massage the area? It takes up to 2 weeks for HA fillers to harden, so start massaging if you haven't done that already. If you still see lumps after three weeks, you can have the filler dissolved (assumingit's an HA filler).

Hi Sirius, thanks for your comments. I was not informed to massage the area and I was only told it is going to be dissolved on its own and some post-treatment care that I need to follow, like don't sleep on the side and not to rub your face aggressively for 3 days after the treatment.

I was wondering will massage move the filler potentially? and Yes, it is HA filler (Juvemderm)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/14/2020 2:52 pm

It's possible for the filler to migrate if you massage it too aggressively so go easy. Otherwise, you should be fine.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/14/2020 5:38 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

It's possible for the filler to migrate if you massage it too aggressively so go easy. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Thanks for the information.