Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annoyingly Painful Reality

Is there hope for the hopeless?

it feels like everyone's against me because of my face. I'm 38 years old and haven't gone anywhere for eight years because of this torment. My own mom can't even look at me and she always looks uncomfortable when talking to me and that makes me uncomfortable. I haven't had a normal conversation with a person where they didn't cringe or avoid staring at my face in I don't know how long maybe 10 years. My face ALWAYS feels crappy and ALWAYS looks crappy and is getting worse every single day, but I can't help it. I can't fix it. I don't have the means to get it checked out by professionals or the resources to buy products that will help it. 

To be honest, my face is a mess. It's horrible! My skin texture is right on the verge of being disfigured. I have holes and bumps everywhere and this awful looking sheen that amplifies the rough orange peel texture, and on some patches of skin it looks like the hardened skin that's caused by Rhinophyma. I try so hard to come to terms with it.  But it's too damn difficult. This is tortuous, but there's no other options for me but to continue enduring and venting. So that's why I'm here again posting my frustrations. And I'm sure I'll be here again in another five years saying the exact same thing and feeling the exact same way. 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes