Notifications
Clear all

What are you going to do about it?

MemberMember
(@alexander-cleganegmail-com)

Posted : 08/10/2020 9:29 am

It is the only question that really matters.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go do something about it.

I was on accutane 4 times. Acne destroyed my sense of self and killed my confidence for a long long time.

Dont look for a silver lining. Dont tell yourself things happen for a reason. Dont think of celebrities that had acne. Dont wallow in your self pity and expect people to feel sorry for you.

we got a bunch of ugly red bumps on our skin.

there is a reason they are there and there is a way to get rid of them.

Dont complain about the problem. Find a way to fix it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/10/2020 8:56 pm

I've been in the wallowing phase for decades, and I'm still stuck, but I try to do what you said. I try to do something about it and work on improving my skin but nothing works for me. So I always end up back to self-pity and defeat. I'm 38 years old and nothing has changed. The only thing that's changed is my skin. My face gets worse and worse every day. My scars are horrible and everyone gets disgusted by the sight of me. But I try to have that mentality of doing something about it, but it's really challenging and depressing.

MemberMember

Posted : 08/11/2020 7:31 am

decades isnt a phase, thats a lifestyle

i may sound like a callous asshole but i know your pain.

fixing your diet is usually the best way. its not the same for everyone but getting rid of sugar and carbs and fasting helps a lot

Shelly399 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/12/2020 3:09 am

It's fine. You're just being honest, and I appreciate that.

MemberMember

Posted : 08/13/2020 8:23 am

i have often found many people appreciate honesty until you apply it to them

how bad is your acne anyway? just on your face or everywhere?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/13/2020 7:37 pm

My daily active acne isn't as bad as it used to be, but it's my skin texture and scarring that plays a toll on my psyche,and it'sthe reason for mylifestyle of wallowing.

MemberMember

Posted : 08/13/2020 10:09 pm

i know what you mean

ive been lucky enough to have skin with a pretty fast turnover rate. which means i get acne but it goes away very fast, even if i pick at a pimple really bad it will be completely gone in a week or 2. my skin is so oily its like im being moisturized from the inside out

they say "i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy"

well those people clearly never had any real enemies

on a more practical note...drink lots of water, particularly in the morning. try fasting at least 16 hours a day or even better 20 hours, drop dairy and wheat from your diet, get lots of sunlight if you can. probiotics to replenish your good gut bacteria, cold showers and a good soap, something like activated charcoal, or with tea tree oil, that will bring down the inflammation and help with the texture of your skin and even the old scars.force yourself to go outside and do something active. i know you wont want to. i never want to after ive broken out but thats probably when weneed it the most

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/13/2020 10:58 pm

That'sgood advice, andI'll try my best to maintain thathealthy regimen. Thanks for the thread topic and take care.

MemberMember
(@straighttalkergradfogmail-com)

Posted : 08/16/2020 12:24 pm

I went on isotretinoin (ranbaxy) at 27. 12,000 mg over 6 months, 70mg a day. Totally obliterated my acne.

Had a bunch of treatments over the years... scar revision, vbeam, microdermabration, dermaroller, dermastamp, fat injections, TCA.

What works - TCA cross (50%), fat grafting. Also trialing bimatoprost on a small patch of hypopigmentation.

I'm 32 now. I wish I could have got on accutane at 19, but the NHS refused. At 27 the penny dropped that I didn't need the permission of the NHS and I went private to get accutane.

My skin is better now than when I was a teenager (however not perfect).

I regret all those lost years, but treatments are expensive and sometimes things don't work. Keep fighting because the quicker you figure out what is worth your time, the quicker you can progress with your skin and your life.

MemberMember

Posted : 08/16/2020 8:30 pm

70 mg thats a strange dosage...i was on 80mg when i was 15.40 in the morning and 40 at night.

at first it seemed to make my acne worse and my lips were chapped so bad they would crack open if i took too big a bite of a sandwich or something

then literally over the course of a week my acne was virtually all gone. i went from having the worst case in the school to none at all

im 36 now. its wearing thin. wearing real thin...

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/30/2020 2:48 pm

Best way to get rid of acne (as well as anything and anyone that's toxic)is not giving them the attention and affection they crave. Don't think about them, don't look at them and don't touch them.

MemberMember
(@kavencare)

Posted : 01/18/2021 11:23 pm

On 8/31/2020 at 3:48 AM, Sirius Lee said:

Best way to get rid of acne (as well as anything and anyone that's toxic)is not giving them the attention and affection they crave. Don't think about them, don't look at them and don't touch them.

Temptation is the biggest problem for those who are suffering in acne's and I am also affected on it but I always tried my best to not touch them.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 01/20/2021 4:28 am

On 8/10/2020 at 10:29 PM, ghostdivision88 said:

It is the only question that really matters.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go do something about it.

I was on accutane 4 times. Acne destroyed my sense of self and killed my confidence for a long long time.

Dont look for a silver lining. Dont tell yourself things happen for a reason. Dont think of celebrities that had acne. Dont wallow in your self pity and expect people to feel sorry for you.

we got a bunch of ugly red bumps on our skin.

there is a reason they are there and there is a way to get rid of them.

Dont complain about the problem. Find a way to fix it.

Very well said. I agree with you as well.

MemberMember
(@drezzibongprotonmail-com)

Posted : 08/13/2021 8:03 am

There is NOTHING that can be done about scars realistically according to this forum. I have read many many posts. For every post saying that they got a bit of improvement, there are about 500 saying it didn't work, made it worse, waste of money etc etc etc.