Notifications
Clear all

Advice for Dr in NY treating acne scar?

MemberMember
(@dstny-lwtgmail-com)

Posted : 08/06/2020 11:06 pm

Hi, I'm not an international student so please bear with my poor English.

I finally made up my mind recently to treat my acne scars more seriously. A bit more background about my self: Having acne starting from teenage mostly on my cheeks and still having them around my chin. Thus many scars I have are there since a long time ago unfortunately. Please see the pictures below.

The things I have tried includes some healing cream and microneeding together with PRP. The former didn't have any visible impact I guess due to the fact that I don't have many new scars. The latter is just 2 times in total when I was in China and I don't think the doctor who treated me is as good or specialized as doctors here in US. Still in general I think microneedling with PRP does help me. I wasn't considering previously seeing doctors in NYC due to the price but now, again as I said, I made up my mind that I have to take it more seriously. Still, would like to make the most out of the money I'm going to spend so posting this to seek help from you guys. Many thanks in advance!

After doing some research I know that manual subcision is so called "gold standard" or at least something that could be a good starting point. I have a list of doctors here that I might want to consult and choose from:

Dr. Nelson Lee Novick

Dr. Julia Tsu

Dr. Michele Green

I'm definitely open to any recommendations from you and my question(s) here is:

1. How can I tell, based on the evidence of my consultation, that this should be the doctor is a good choice?   

2. In your opinion, what would be the optimal method(s) to treat my scars?

3. I don't see much comments on Julia Tsu on this site. Any comments on experience with her? My selection is based on reviews from other sources (I know many are fake but after doing some research I think she is at least reliable). She seems to provide more affordable package compared to the other 2.

4. My budget is around 3 or 4 K $. Do you think this is a realistic number? I know it's not magic and by no means I can heal 100%. My expectation is at least they won't be that visible from conversation distance.  

Really appreciate your help! Please let me know if providing any other information would be helpful and I will do that!

image.png.fcaa29cdc8ecd89bc21259befca5c6db.png

image.png.e0d8c3d9e5d1427a52ed4b30fb219a10.png

image.png.6e77835cac7fccf2a93006b8b117196a.png

Aung Aung liked
MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/07/2020 4:39 pm

Good luck. I would not recommend Dr. Novick. He botched my face with filler.

kitsliv45 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/07/2020 8:14 pm

20 hours ago, Zest J said:

1. How can I tell, based on the evidence of myconsultation, that this should be the doctor is a good choice?

First, did you have 1-on-1 consultation with the doctor or with the staff member? What diagnosis and treatment options did the doctor make regarding your scars? Was it done verbally or in writing? Was the cost discussed? Lastly, did the doctor mention how much improvement can be expected?

These are just a few criteria you can use in selecting the doctor. Additionally, search the internet for reviews, including any complaints.

20 hours ago, Zest J said:

2. In your opinion, what would be the optimal method(s) to treat my scars?

Mostly, subcision and TCA. You will need multiple treatments spaced out over several years. This is definitely not a one treatment deal and you're done with your scars.

21 hours ago, Zest J said:

4. My budget is around 3 or 4 K $. Do you think this is a realistic number? I know it's not magic and by no means I can heal 100%. My expectation is at least they won't be that visible from conversation distance.

It doesn't take much for subcision and TCA (even though it might be more costlyin NYC).

Since you display discoloration, I suggest you start with TCA and then subcision. TCA can be done at home for a fraction of the cost you normally payat theclinic. Be sure to review YouTube tutorials before proceeding. For specific detail on TCA application, you can DM me.

MemberMember
(@dstny-lwtgmail-com)

Posted : 08/07/2020 9:27 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

First, did you have 1-on-1 consultation with the doctor or with the staff member? What diagnosis and treatment options did the doctor make regarding your scars? Was it done verbally or in writing? Was the cost discussed? Lastly, did the doctor mention how much improvement can be expected?

These are just a few criteria you can use in selecting the doctor. Additionally, search the internet for reviews, including any complaints.

Mostly, subcision and TCA. You will need multiple treatments spaced out over several years. This is definitely not a one treatment deal and you're done with your scars.

It doesn't take much for subcision and TCA (even though it might be more costlyin NYC).

Since you display discoloration, I suggest you start with TCA and then subcision. TCA can be done at home for a fraction of the cost you normally payat theclinic. Be sure to review YouTube tutorials before proceeding. For specific detail on TCA application, you can DM me.

Thank you so much for your response! I took a brief look at TCA and it looks like something that I really need to be cautious about.

I think just to be safe I will have the doctor to do it for the first several times anyways and try to learn it gradually. I wonder if it is possible to negotiate with the doctor so that we don't include TCA after a certain point. Will DM you once I get started.

BTW I haven't seen any doctors yet so really appreciate your advice, I will keep that in mind.

4 hours ago, Urbanite said:

Good luck. I would not recommend Dr. Novick. He botched my face with filler.

Thanks for you reply. I'm hesitanttoo.

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 08/09/2020 3:18 am

Khrom is in nyc too,and she does subcision. I bring her up because her prices seem to be fair considering your budget.Check out the FAQ page for more info about her and other doctors in the area.

MemberMember
(@dstny-lwtgmail-com)

Posted : 08/12/2020 1:31 pm

On 8/9/2020 at 4:18 AM, squeezeMcQueen said:

Khrom is in nyc too, and she does subcision. I bring her up because her prices seem to be fair considering your budget. Check out the FAQ page for more info about her and other doctors in the area.

Thanks a lot! I got recommendation for her from more than one but it looks like she is not taking patients onsite right now due to corona :(

MemberMember
(@kitsliv45)

Posted : 08/13/2020 7:47 pm

Also wouldn't recommend Novick. His prices are absurd, and I've had bad experiences with him.

You have boxcar and icepick scars. I think the best approach would be TCA cross with diluted concentration and microneedling rf.

MemberMember
(@dstny-lwtgmail-com)

Posted : 02/12/2021 11:40 pm

Hi Everyone, I wanted to give some updates here. I did visit both Dr. Tsu as well as Dr. Khrom for consultation. The good thing if you go to Dr. Khrom's place is that if you continue having treatment there, the consultation fee can be converted to sort of credit so that you don't really pay for it. The consultation fee for Dr. Tsu is higher and cannot be used this way. Also, Dr. Khrom seems to have more associates helping her and more busy. Considering these together I think it indicates she does have overall better reputation that attracts more clients which could be a good sign. To be fair, Dr. Tsu does spend more time communicating related knowledge with me and inspecting the scars while Dr. Khrom seems to be so busy that she just came in for 5 min to take a quick look and finalize the treatment plan and let everything else to be handled by her associates. I decided to move forward with Dr. Khrom at the end because she seems more experienced (the price for subscision with (cannula) filler is also slightly cheaper at Dr. Khrom's place).

I had my first session in Sep 2020 with subcision (with filler) + TCA Cross. The whole process went okay and I think Dr. Khrom has very good skills. I didn't really have a good time window to visit her place again due to many reasons so I didn't return to her place until today (I also believe it takes time for you to really tell how well the scar heals because our face would be swollen to some degree in the first few months so we might over-estimate the effect without waiting long enough). Again, the doctor seems to be very busy so her associate came in and took some pictures from different angle so that we can compare the before and after results for my first session. Now, I will show 2 groups of pictures below and let you judge which is before and which is after because in my opinion the improvement is really not significant enough (unfortunately the light and angle is slightly different so making things less  comparable).

1740386920_ScreenShot2021-02-12at11_34_00PM.png.1cd3bc7f62dd8d0fbdb15266d47f9404.png641812532_ScreenShot2021-02-12at11_34_32PM.png.a9faa2f37e46663fb33e896d6a61b89c.png1401647725_ScreenShot2021-02-12at11_35_36PM.png.4b9eb34f70a590fbf13eb65aceda6469.png1688806265_ScreenShot2021-02-12at11_37_09PM.png.393e565a5ae6205adf236f10cbab6014.png

Seeing this, the doctor recommended another approach called taylor liberator subcision combined with Genius RF microneedling,  which is more aggressive and more expensive. What bothers me now is that the doctor doesn't really wants to spend enough time to communicate enough information. She just proposed some treatment and let her associate discuss with you and if you are ready, you go for it and you pay for it. I tried to ask her why the subscision didn't work as expected and what's the key difference of the new approach. Her answer doesn't really convince me and she didn't give enough warning about the downside.

Why she is always in such a rush? I told her associate that I probably want to do some research first because I have never heard of this very aggressive approach and I noticed some people on this forum called this approach an overkill which I agree to some degree. I was told later that the doctor is gone for the day so I need to book another session for them to really conduct any treatment.

That being said, I could be biased and would love to get your comments on my progress, my experience or your thoughts on my next treatment. Thanks a lot!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/13/2021 2:11 am

1 hour ago, Zest J said:

Now, I will show 2 groups of pictures below and let you judge which is before and which is after because in my opinion the improvement is really not significant enough (unfortunately the light and angle is slightly different so making things less comparable).

Not sure which is which, but the upper photos show some improvement while the bottom not so much.

2 hours ago, Zest J said:

Dr. Khrom seems to be so busy that she just came in for 5 min to take a quick look and finalize the treatment plan and let everything else to be handled by her associates. Why she is always in such a rush?

If she can't even stay for 10 minutes to discuss the treatment plan in detail, let alone look carefully over your scars, what makes you think she will spend her time when she is treating your face?

the doctor recommended another approach calledtaylor liberator subcision combined with Genius RF microneedling,which is more aggressive and more expensive. What bothers me now is that the doctordoesn't really wants to spend enough time to communicate enough information. She just proposed some treatment and let her associate discuss with you and if you are ready, you go for it and you pay for it.

Again, if she had no wish to spend her time with you, what was her rationale for upgrading to the taylor liberator? Just because the subcision didn't work, we now need amore aggressive form? In my mind, she's only giving you a "canned solution" rather than a tailored treatment plan based on your own needs.

That being said, I could be biased and would love to get your comments on my progress, my experience or your thoughts on my next treatment. Thanks a lot!

As I stated in my earlier reply (see above), you need more than just one treatment to see any noticeable difference. One single treatment is never enough.

However, I would like you to postpone subcision until later. The reason why I asked you to get it in the first place was to see how much tethering there might be. Obviously, with only little improvement, I don't believe tethering is an issue.

What you mostly have are boxcar scars anyway and they don't need subcision.Because they are boxcars, you have noticeable scar borders. These are what you need to get rid of, pronto. High concentration TCA, otherwise known as TCA Cross,is the only effective method to remedythis. Start out at 100%. As the borders fade, you need to lower the TCA strength accordingly. Eventually, the boxcars will look more like a shallow rolling scars.

But I advise you to find another doctor. I wouldn't trust this doc you mentioned.

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 02/13/2021 3:10 am

Hey Zest J, I recently had Taylor Liberator Subcision from Dr. Khrom. I havenot had any other treatment from her though. If you have any questions about the recovery I can answer with my experience. I will say it is not as bad as I thought.

She must have had a slower day with me because she spent some more time with me, it sucks she didn't have time for you.

MemberMember
(@dstny-lwtgmail-com)

Posted : 02/13/2021 12:16 pm

9 hours ago, Cool.username said:

Hey Zest J, I recently had Taylor Liberator Subcision from Dr. Khrom. I havenot had any other treatment from her though. If you have any questions about the recovery I can answer with my experience. I will say it is not as bad as I thought.

She must have had a slower day with me because she spent some more time with me, it sucks she didn't have time for you.

Thank you so much! Yeah it would be great if you can share more information like what kind of scars you have and since you didn't have any treatment from her, what other treatment have you gone through so far from any doctor? How you think about the outcome? Thank you so much! When did you had TL BTW? (Just trying to figure out how long of recovery you have so far)

10 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Not sure which is which, but the upper photos show some improvement while the bottom not so much.

If she can't even stay for 10 minutes to discuss the treatment plan in detail, let alone look carefully over your scars, what makes you think she will spend her time when she is treating your face?

Again, if she had no wish to spend her time with you, what was her rationale for upgrading to the taylor liberator? Just because the subcision didn't work, we now need amore aggressive form? In my mind, she's only giving you a "canned solution" rather than a tailored treatment plan based on your own needs.

As I stated in my earlier reply (see above), you need more than just one treatment to see any noticeable difference. One single treatment is never enough.

However, I would like you to postpone subcision until later. The reason why I asked you to get it in the first place was to see how much tethering there might be. Obviously, with only little improvement, I don't believe tethering is an issue.

What you mostly have are boxcar scars anyway and they don't need subcision.Because they are boxcars, you have noticeable scar borders. These are what you need to get rid of, pronto. High concentration TCA, otherwise known as TCA Cross,is the only effective method to remedythis. Start out at 100%. As the borders fade, you need to lower the TCA strength accordingly. Eventually, the boxcars will look more like a shallow rolling scars.

But I advise you to find another doctor. I wouldn't trust this doc you mentioned.

Thanks for your detailed response! Giving it a second thought, I think the first subcision treatment did help to some degree as I feel the scars are shallower but probably because they are not becoming narrower, judging from photos I feel not that much improvement. I agree that majority of the scars I have are boxcars scars with clear contour. Thank you for the recommendation of TCA as well. The question I have is, I noticed that people usually say it is best for deep ice pick scars and based on my observation my boxcar scars are wider/larger and shallower. I had TCA CROSS as well during my first subcision session and I honestlydidn't feel they helped that much. I could be wrong though. Would really appreciate it if you can shed some lights on this.

MemberMember
(@adroitnike60gmail-com)

Posted : 02/13/2021 2:04 pm

1 hour ago, Zest J said:

Thank you so much! Yeah it would be great if you can share more information like what kind of scars you have and since you didn't have any treatment from her, what other treatment have you gone through so far from any doctor? How you think about the outcome? Thank you so much! When did you had TL BTW? (Just trying to figure out how long of recovery you have so far)

Thanks for your detailed response! Giving it a second thought, I think the first subcision treatment did help to some degree as I feel the scars are shallower but probably because they are not becoming narrower, judging from photos I feel not that much improvement. I agree that majority of the scars I have are boxcars scars with clear contour. Thank you for the recommendation of TCA as well. The question I have is, I noticed that people usually say it is best for deep ice pick scars and based on my observation my boxcar scars are wider/larger and shallower. I had TCA CROSS as well during my first subcision session and I honestlydidn't feel they helped that much. I could be wrong though. Would really appreciate it if you can shed some lights on this.

Did your scars widen bcz of tca cross?

MemberMember
(@dstny-lwtgmail-com)

Posted : 02/13/2021 4:32 pm

2 hours ago, Adroit dexter said:

Did your scars widen bcz of tca cross?

I don't think the process of TCA made my scares wider/widen. I was just trying to say that TCA is probably better suited for narrower type of scars like ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 02/13/2021 7:59 pm

8 hours ago, Zest J said:

I got Taylor Liberator Subcision from Dr. Khrom very recently, 8 days ago (last Friday). I have consulted with other doctors, but this is the first one I felt comfortable to start treatment with, so this was my first procedure. Since it is pretty recent I can't comment on results too much, only recovery like I said, but I will make my own post once I see what the permanent result is like. Of course right now all my scars disappear due to swelling.

My scars are somewhat similiar to yours. I have mix of boxcar and rolling scars, with a couple of icepicks here or there. The worst of my scars are on my temples and I don't have any scars near my jaw.Many, even most of my scars are like rolling scars with a small boxing scar at the bottom, like an inverted volcano. And personally I am most concerned with the rolling aspect of the scar, because I can tell it makes the boxscar look so much worse by making the shadow much darker. When I stretch my skin I can see the boxscar still there but brought up to the surface and they look so much better when I do that. So I am focusing on the rolling scars in terms of treatment. I can't exactly tell but I think your scars seem the same way in terms of the inverted volcano style of both being rolling and boxscar type.

Anyway, now to the treatment and recovery:

With Taylor Liberator Subcision first they inject local anesthesia all around the face (this hurts the most, just a sharp pinch for each injection) and then make an incision in front of each ear (the incision is so tiny and sutures are not necessary. )Then they turn the head to left and pump in saline mix (called tumescent anesthesia)into the right incision to create a space between the dermis and the subcutaneous tissue. Then they use thistool called a Taylor Liberator to sever and scrape away the fibrotic strands that hold depressed scars down. (At least with me there was a lot of pushing and pulling with both hands to break the fibrotic strands, but of course no pain.) The tool only enters through the two incisions so there isn'ta lot of marks for each scar like with nokor, so I think this procedure is best for people who have a large number of scars. The sound is worse than the feeling psychologically, like a grinding sound, kind of like the sound of a saw on wood) Once they finish one side they close the incision gel and bandaid and turn the head the other way and repeat for the scars on the opposite side.

I was pretty anxious before the procedure and Dr. Khrom gave me an anxiety pill before the procedure and waited for it to take effect before beginning the procedure. Also a medical assistant gave me a stress ball to squeeze during procedure and Dr. Khrom offered several times while she was working to give me a second pill or use laughing gas, but I told her it wasn't necessary. She also went over my medical conditions and medications before procedure to make sure there is no reaction with the anxiety pill and prescribed me an antibiotic because I am diabetic which means there is small increased risk of infection. The medical assistant also gave me a snack and some water before the procedure and some juice when I left.

The Recovery: The worst part is the swelling. Between the healing skin and the healing subcutaneous tissue and the enormous amount of tumescent, there is swelling on swelling on swelling. They warned me about this in detail but I didn't fully believe them on how much swelling. Luckily it goes down fast. I had procedure on Friday, and I would say my face looked normal enough to go in public on Wednesday and the shape of my face was totally normal on Thursday afternoon or Friday. But even though there is no visual indication of swelling, my face still feels swollen and tight even now. I put ice on my face for over the weekend to limit the swelling and on Monday after the swelling peaked I switched to hot water rags to open up my vessels to let the swelling fluids absorbfaster.

Besides the swelling there is going to be bruising, especially around the eyes. Basically I have two black eyes, but they don't bother me. I never had a black eye before so it's kind of cool. They are starting to do that thing where a bruise will get wider and turn yellow. I am actually starting a new job on Monday and I might have my wife cover with makeup but I haven't decided yet. But you can barely tell when I wear my glasses. By the way, when I wear my glasses they make indentation on my temples because there is still a small amount of tumescent left in my face. This is a good thing (the residual tumescent) because it is helping to prevent retethering.

Besides the bruising and swelling I will note that there is some blood in the whites of my eyes that showed up after the swelling peaked on Sunday night or Monday morning. This is from the swelling fluids draining to adjacent areas as the swelling goes down. The medical assistant mentioned this to might happen and showed me a photo of someone who had this happen to prepare me. Of course my vision is not affected.

Other than that, I can kind of see a couple lumps forming but they are level with the skin and small, so it is hard to notice them. Dr. Khrom mentioned this might happen and said if they do not go away on their own she could inject them with diluted steroid, but unless they grow somehow that won't be necessary.

Dr. Khrom mentioned to me before the procedure that there will be some numbness in the face that might last a few months but this hasn't happened to me; I have been testing myself with by touching a folded napkin to different places on my face and so far I still have good feeling everywhere on my face.

If you have any specific question about the recovery please ask, I hope I answered everything you wondered about. Overall, like I mentioned I am starting a new job on Monday and I feel good about my apperance to go to work. If I had a job when I got the procedure I would have only needed to take off the week following the procedure, maybe even just the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and back to work on Thursday.

I will mention one annoying thing is that I usually sleep on my face and basically you have to sleep face up after this for about a week, Thursday night was the first night I slept easily.

MemberMember
(@dstny-lwtgmail-com)

Posted : 02/14/2021 3:46 pm

19 hours ago, Cool.username said:

I got Taylor Liberator Subcision from Dr. Khrom very recently, 8 days ago (last Friday). I have consulted with other doctors, but this is the first one I felt comfortable to start treatment with, so this was my first procedure. Since it is pretty recent I can't comment on results too much, only recovery like I said, but I will make my own post once I see what the permanent result is like. Of course right now all my scars disappear due to swelling.

My scars are somewhat similiar to yours. I have mix of boxcar and rolling scars, with a couple of icepicks here or there. The worst of my scars are on my temples and I don't have any scars near my jaw.Many, even most of my scars are like rolling scars with a small boxing scar at the bottom, like an inverted volcano. And personally I am most concerned with the rolling aspect of the scar, because I can tell it makes the boxscar look so much worse by making the shadow much darker. When I stretch my skin I can see the boxscar still there but brought up to the surface and they look so much better when I do that. So I am focusing on the rolling scars in terms of treatment. I can't exactly tell but I think your scars seem the same way in terms of the inverted volcano style of both being rolling and boxscar type.

Anyway, now to the treatment and recovery:

With Taylor Liberator Subcision first they inject local anesthesia all around the face (this hurts the most, just a sharp pinch for each injection) and then make an incision in front of each ear (the incision is so tiny and sutures are not necessary. )Then they turn the head to left and pump in saline mix (called tumescent anesthesia)into the right incision to create a space between the dermis and the subcutaneous tissue. Then they use thistool called a Taylor Liberator to sever and scrape away the fibrotic strands that hold depressed scars down. (At least with me there was a lot of pushing and pulling with both hands to break the fibrotic strands, but of course no pain.) The tool only enters through the two incisions so there isn'ta lot of marks for each scar like with nokor, so I think this procedure is best for people who have a large number of scars. The sound is worse than the feeling psychologically, like a grinding sound, kind of like the sound of a saw on wood) Once they finish one side they close the incision gel and bandaid and turn the head the other way and repeat for the scars on the opposite side.

I was pretty anxious before the procedure and Dr. Khrom gave me an anxiety pill before the procedure and waited for it to take effect before beginning the procedure. Also a medical assistant gave me a stress ball to squeeze during procedure and Dr. Khrom offered several times while she was working to give me a second pill or use laughing gas, but I told her it wasn't necessary. She also went over my medical conditions and medications before procedure to make sure there is no reaction with the anxiety pill and prescribed me an antibiotic because I am diabetic which means there is small increased risk of infection. The medical assistant also gave me a snack and some water before the procedure and some juice when I left.

The Recovery: The worst part is the swelling. Between the healing skin and the healing subcutaneous tissue and the enormous amount of tumescent, there is swelling on swelling on swelling. They warned me about this in detail but I didn't fully believe them on how much swelling. Luckily it goes down fast. I had procedure on Friday, and I would say my face looked normal enough to go in public on Wednesday and the shape of my face was totally normal on Thursday afternoon or Friday. But even though there is no visual indication of swelling, my face still feels swollen and tight even now. I put ice on my face for over the weekend to limit the swelling and on Monday after the swelling peaked I switched to hot water rags to open up my vessels to let the swelling fluids absorbfaster.

Besides the swelling there is going to be bruising, especially around the eyes. Basically I have two black eyes, but they don't bother me. I never had a black eye before so it's kind of cool. They are starting to do that thing where a bruise will get wider and turn yellow. I am actually starting a new job on Monday and I might have my wife cover with makeup but I haven't decided yet. But you can barely tell when I wear my glasses. By the way, when I wear my glasses they make indentation on my temples because there is still a small amount of tumescent left in my face. This is a good thing (the residual tumescent) because it is helping to prevent retethering.

Besides the bruising and swelling I will note that there is some blood in the whites of my eyes that showed up after the swelling peaked on Sunday night or Monday morning. This is from the swelling fluids draining to adjacent areas as the swelling goes down. The medical assistant mentioned this to might happen and showed me a photo of someone who had this happen to prepare me. Of course my vision is not affected.

Other than that, I can kind of see a couple lumps forming but they are level with the skin and small, so it is hard to notice them. Dr. Khrom mentioned this might happen and said if they do not go away on their own she could inject them with diluted steroid, but unless they grow somehow that won't be necessary.

Dr. Khrom mentioned to me before the procedure that there will be some numbness in the face that might last a few months but this hasn't happened to me; I have been testing myself with by touching a folded napkin to different places on my face and so far I still have good feeling everywhere on my face.

If you have any specific question about the recovery please ask, I hope I answered everything you wondered about. Overall, like I mentioned I am starting a new job on Monday and I feel good about my apperance to go to work. If I had a job when I got the procedure I would have only needed to take off the week following the procedure, maybe even just the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and back to work on Thursday.

I will mention one annoying thing is that I usually sleep on my face and basically you have to sleep face up after this for about a week, Thursday night was the first night I slept easily.

Thank you so much for this detailed answer. I really appreciate it. I believe Dr. Khrom has very good skills and a lot of experience, that I won't question. I guess currently Istill need some time to see if I myself would really feel comfortable with TL. Maybe I will go for another regular subcision as I expected weneedmultiple sessions to see enough improvements so doing more one should be fine for me. Would be great to see how things go on your end. Thank you! Will also try other treatment people mentioned above.

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/16/2021 4:08 pm

So Dr. Khrom does cannula subcision and also TL subcision? Interesting. May I ask how much she charged for cannula subcision + TCA vs. the TL subcision?

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 03/17/2021 1:06 pm

20 hours ago, Tonitrus09 said:

So Dr. Khrom does cannula subcision and also TL subcision? Interesting. May I ask how much she charged for cannula subcision + TCA vs. the TL subcision?

TL Subcision was 2k. But TL theoretically only needs 1 treatment for the same result as 3 or more cannula subcisions.Assuming it is as effective as advertised (and I think it is, but I'm still only 6 weeks out) it will be cheaper in the long term. I didn't ask for quote for cannula subcision but I read on another forum that she is charging 1500 including TCA.

MemberMember
(@cmhhalliday)

Posted : 03/17/2021 3:11 pm

2 hours ago, Cool.username said:

TL Subcision was 2k. But TL theoretically only needs 1 treatment for the same result as 3 or more cannula subcisions. Assuming it is as effective as advertised (and I think it is, but I'm still only 6 weeks out) it will be cheaper in the long term. I didn't ask for quote for cannula subcision but I read on another forum that she is charging 1500 including TCA. 

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Also I hope you post an update in a couple months - I'm really curious about the TL subcision experience & results. Happy healing!  :)

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 03/17/2021 4:01 pm

49 minutes ago, Tonitrus09 said:

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Also I hope you post an update in a couple months - I'm really curious about the TL subcision experience & results. Happy healing!  :)

Thank you. Will do.

MemberMember
(@trueromance093)

Posted : 12/29/2021 8:57 pm

On 2/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Cool.username said:

Taylor Liberator Subcision'i cok yakin zamanda, 8 gun once (gecen Cuma) Dr. Khrom'dan aldim. Diger doktorlara danistim, ancak tedaviye baslamak icin kendimi rahat hissettigim ilk sey bu, bu yuzden bu benim ilk prosedurumdu. Oldukca yeni oldugu icin sonuclar hakkinda cok fazla yorum yapamam, dedigim gibi sadece iyilesme, ancak kalici sonucun nasil oldugunu gorunce kendi yazimi yapacagim. Tabii ki su anda tum izlerim sislikten dolayi kayboluyor.

Benim yaralarim biraz seninkine benziyor. Burada veya orada birkac buz kiracagiyla birlikte yuk vagonu ve yuvarlanan yaralarin karisimi var. Yaralarimin en kotusu sakaklarimda ve cenemin yakininda hic yara izi yok. Yara izlerimin cogu, hatta cogu, altta ters bir yanardag gibi kucuk bir boks yarasi olan yuvarlanan yara izleri gibidir. Sahsen ben en cok yara izinin yuvarlanan yonu ile ilgileniyorum, cunku bunun, golgeyi cok daha koyu yaparak yuk vagonunun cok daha kotu gorunmesini sagladigini soyleyebilirim. Cildimi gerdigimde, vagonun hala orada oldugunu ancak yuzeye cikarildigini gorebiliyorum ve bunu yaptigimda cok daha iyi gorunuyorlar. Bu yuzden tedavi acisindan yuvarlanan yara izlerine odaklaniyorum. Tam olarak soyleyemem ama hem yuvarlanma hem de kapali tipteki ters yanardag stili acisindan yara izlerinin ayni sekilde gorundugunu dusunuyorum.

Neyse, simdi tedaviye ve iyilesmeye gecelim:

Taylor Liberator Subcision ile once yuzun her yerine lokal anestezi enjekte ederler (bu en cok acitir, her enjeksiyon icin sadece keskin bir tutam) ve ardindan her bir kulagin onunde bir kesi yaparlar (kesi cok kucuk ve dikis gerekli degildir.) Daha sonra kafayi sola cevirirler ve dermis ile deri alti doku arasinda bir bosluk olusturmak icin salin karisimini (tumesan anestezi olarak adlandirilir) sag insizyonun icine pompalarlar. Ardindan, depresif yara izlerini tutan fibrotik iplikleri koparmak ve kazimak icin Taylor Liberator adli bu araci kullanirlar. (En azindan bende fibrotik telleri kirmak icin iki elimle cok fazla itme ve cekme vardi ama tabii ki aci yoktu.) Alet sadece iki delikten giriyor, bu yuzden her yara izi icin cok fazla iz yok. nokor ile, bu yuzden bu prosedurun cok sayida yara izi olan insanlar icin en iyisi oldugunu dusunuyorum. Ses, psikolojik olarak duygudan daha kotu, bir taslama sesi gibi, tahtadaki testerenin sesi gibi) Bir tarafini bitirdikten sonra kesi jeli ve bandaji kapatirlar ve kafayi diger yone cevirirler ve yara izleri icin tekrar ederler. karsi taraf.

Islem oncesi oldukca endiseliydim ve Dr. Khrom islemden once bana bir anksiyete hapi verdi ve isleme baslamadan once etkisini gostermesini bekledi. Ayrica bir tip asistani bana islem sirasinda sikmam icin bir stres topu verdi ve Dr. Khrom calisirken bana ikinci bir hap vermeyi veya gulme gazi kullanmayi birkac kez teklif etti, ama ona bunun gerekli olmadigini soyledim. Ayrica, endise hapi ile reaksiyon olmadigindan emin olmak icin prosedurden once tibbi durumlarimi ve ilaclarimi gozden gecirdi ve diyabetik oldugum icin bana bir antibiyotik recete etti, bu da enfeksiyon riskinde kucuk bir artis oldugu anlamina geliyor. Tibbi asistan ayrica islemden once bana atistirmalik ve biraz su ve cikarken biraz meyve suyu verdi.

Iyilesen cilt ve iyilesen deri alti dokusu ve muazzam miktarda siskinlik arasinda sislik uzerine sislik vardir. Beni bu konuda ayrintili olarak uyardilar ama ne kadar sistigine tam olarak inanmadim. Neyse ki hizla dusuyor. Cuma gunu ameliyat oldum ve yuzumun Carsamba gunu halka cikacak kadar normal gorundugunu ve Persembe ogleden sonra veya Cuma gunu yuzumun seklinin tamamen normal oldugunu soyleyebilirim. Ama gorsel bir sislik belirtisi olmamasina ragmen, yuzum su anda bile hala sis ve gergin hissediyor. Sisligi sinirlamak icin hafta sonu boyunca yuzume buz koydum ve sislik zirveye ulastiktan sonra Pazartesi gunu sicak su bezlerine gectim ve sisen sivilarin daha hizli emilmesini saglamak icin damarlarimi actim.

Sisligin yaninda ozellikle goz cevresinde morluklar olacaktir. Temelde iki siyah gozum var ama beni rahatsiz etmiyorlar. Daha once hic siyah gozum olmadi, bu yuzden biraz havali. Bir curugun genisleyip sararacagi o seyi yapmaya basliyorlar. Aslinda Pazartesi gunu yeni bir ise basliyorum ve esime makyaj yaptirabilirim ama henuz karar vermedim. Ama gozlugumu ne zaman taktigimi zar zor anliyorsun. Bu arada, gozlugumu taktigimda sakaklarimda girinti olusturuyorlar cunku yuzumde hala az miktarda sislik var. Bu iyi bir sey (artik siskinlik), cunku yeniden baglanmayi onlemeye yardimci oluyor.

Morluk ve sisligin yani sira, Pazar gecesi veya Pazartesi sabahi sislik zirveye ulastiktan sonra gozumun beyazlarinda bir miktar kan oldugunu belirtecegim. Bu, sisme azaldikca komsu bolgelere akan sisen sivilardan kaynaklanir. Tibbi asistan bunun olabileceginden bahsetti ve beni hazirlamak icin bunu yapan birinin fotografini gosterdi. Tabii ki gorusum etkilenmedi.

Bunun disinda, birkac topak olustugunu gorebiliyorum ama bunlar ciltle ayni seviyede ve kucuk, bu yuzden onlari fark etmek zor. Dr. Khrom bunun olabileceginden bahsetti ve kendi baslarina gitmezlerse onlara seyreltilmis steroid enjekte edebilecegini, ancak bir sekilde buyumedikleri surece bunun gerekli olmayacagini soyledi.

Dr. Khrom islemden once yuzumde birkac ay surebilecek bir uyusma olacagindan bahsetmisti ama bu basima gelmedi; Katlanmis bir peceteyi yuzumun farkli yerlerine dokundurarak kendimi sinadim ve su ana kadar yuzumun her yerinde hala iyi hisler var.

Iyilesme hakkinda ozel bir sorunuz varsa lutfen sorun, umarim merak ettiginiz her seyi cevaplamisimdir. Genel olarak, bahsettigim gibi Pazartesi gunu yeni bir ise basliyorum ve ise gitme konusunda kendimi iyi hissediyorum. Proseduru aldigimda bir isim olsaydi, sadece proseduru takip eden hafta, hatta belki sadece Pazartesi, Sali ve Carsamba gunleri izin almam ve Persembe gunu ise donmem gerekirdi.

Can sikici bir seyden bahsedecegim, genellikle yuz ustu uyurum ve temelde bundan sonra yaklasik bir hafta boyunca yuz ustu yatmaniz gerekir, Persembe gecesi rahat uyudugum ilk geceydi.

can you update your lateststatus, please

MemberMember
(@xanger1)

Posted : 09/29/2022 6:46 am

On 3/17/2021 at 5:01 PM, Cool.username said:

Thank you. Will do.

How are you doing now? Did Taylor liberator help?

MemberMember
(@sabian494)

Posted : 01/16/2024 1:19 am

@pteromys-iagmail-com How were the results ?? Any complications? Hematomas? I've seen some amazing results from TL but have been debating it due to some complications I have seen some having afterwards. pls update us!