Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freshman

Swelling makes scars go away

Hi people,

My face is kind of swollen at the moment and what I've noticed is that almost all of my boxcars/rolling scars are significantly improved, to the point where I barely notice them anymore. Swelling will go down of course, but do you think I could achieve the same effect with fillers?

On 8/4/2020 at 5:40 AM, freshman said:

Hi people,

My face is kind of swollen at the moment and what I've noticed is that almost all of my boxcars/rolling scars are significantly improved, to the point where I barely notice them anymore. Swelling will go down of course, but do you think I could achieve the same effect with fillers?

Fillers can be used to reduce volume loss, particularly in tethered rolling scars. I don't believe it's as effective on ice pick scars. Even on rolling scars, it's best done after subcision.

Edited by Skin Pessimist
On 8/4/2020 at 4:40 AM, freshman said:

Hi people,

Fillers will help, especially with rolling scars. The problem with them is that can expensive to some since they will eventually go away. Bellafill is a different story since it's semi-permanent. However, not everybody wants to go that route. The cost is not an issue for some people though. If the filler lasts a year or maybe even two, I can see people happily paying that.