Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MP28

Scars look better w/ true reflection?

This is a tough one to explain..when I put two mirrors together at a right angle to get a true reflection my scars look better. I see massive texture problems and scarring in a normal mirror, but with a second mirror, some of my pitted scarring is still there, however I don’t see as much textural problems. If this is how other perceive my scarring than I find it easier to accept it. Could this be because I’m able to see my scarring at different angles? Sounds super confusing, but I Am trying to figure out the best way to see my scarring as others would perceive it.

9 hours ago, MP28 said:

This is a tough one to explain..when I put two mirrors together at a right angle to get a true reflection my scars look better. I see massive texture problems and scarring in a normal mirror, but with a second mirror, some of my pitted scarring is still there, however I don’t see as much textural problems. If this is how other perceive my scarring than I find it easier to accept it. Could this be because I’m able to see my scarring at different angles? Sounds super confusing, but I Am trying to figure out the best way to see my scarring as others would perceive it.

How you see your scars if definitely not how others see you. People with acne scars often think their scarring is worse than it really is. 
I use to think my scarring was severe till people including dermatologists told me it wasn’t, when I originally started my scar treatments my scars were mild-moderate so not bad at all according to my dermatologist but I thought I had the worst scars ever, I recently had a follow up where he told me that their fairly mild now but I still have days where I thinks it’s terrible but you just got to remind yourself it’s just in your head. 

8 minutes ago, NeedHelpwithscars said:

How you see your scars if definitely not how others see you. People with acne scars often think their scarring is worse than it really is. 
I use to think my scarring was severe till people including dermatologists told me it wasn’t, when I originally started my scar treatments my scars were mild-moderate so not bad at all according to my dermatologist but I thought I had the worst scars ever, I recently had a follow up where he told me that their fairly mild now but I still have days where I thinks it’s terrible but you just got to remind yourself it’s just in your head. 

Yes I agree it’s definitely not as bad as it is in our heads! However, I would really like to know the most accurate way to see my scarring as others do. For example if I take a picture with the front facing camera my scars look worse than they do with the rear camera. It’s hard to know what to trust.

10 hours ago, MP28 said:

It's the angle of the lighting. When the light hits the scars from certain angle, that is, when the light bounces off the scar wall, your scars are accentuated. You can verify this by moving your face in the mirror.

Hence, to minimize scar appearance, it's best to smooth the scar edges.