Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In need of advice

Hello,

I'm in need of your advice because I'm not sure which treatment I should do next. So far I've done subcision twice - once w/o and once with HA filler. It yielded good improvement but the filler dissolved quickly and I'm looking for a more permanent treatment. 

I have a few boxcars, a few ice pick scars above my left eyebrow and the rest are tiniest scars and bad texture. Do you think Genius RF, some laser or anterior chemabrasion are going to help with my texture scarring? For the rest I was thinking maybe of subcision and Voluma? I've been researching chemabrasion today but I'm not finding much. Anyone know more about it? Thanks

Edited by Guest

Your scarring is minimal. Try TCA cross for the icepicks and subcision (multiple, 2x just won't cut it) for the box car scars. Forget about lasers, energy device or phenol peels. It's all too invasive. The risk of something going wrong outweighs the benefits. You'll probably benefit from mirconeedling at home for the texture. Hope this helps. 

2 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

Hello,

I'm in need of your advice because I'm not sure which treatment I should do next. So far I've done subcision twice - once w/o and once with HA filler. It yielded good improvement but the filler dissolved quickly and I'm looking for a more permanent treatment. 

I have a few boxcars, a few ice pick scars above my left eyebrow and the rest are tiniest scars and bad texture. Do you think Genius RF, some laser or anterior chemabrasion are going to help with my texture scarring? For the rest I was thinking maybe of subcision and Voluma? I've been researching chemabrasion today but I'm not finding much. Anyone know more about it? Thanks

20200727_163728.jpg

20200727_163816.jpg

Not to sound trite or downplay your concerns, but your scars are so minimal that only you would notice them. Unless somebody is really out to find them, it would be hard to see them. Most will miss it. People normally don't pay attention to details.

2 hours ago, MihaelaP said:

Your scarring is minimal. Try TCA cross for the icepicks and subcision (multiple, 2x just won't cut it) for the box car scars. Forget about lasers, energy device or phenol peels. It's all too invasive. The risk of something going wrong outweighs the benefits. You'll probably benefit from mirconeedling at home for the texture. Hope this helps. 

Thank you for answering. I was thinking of trying something that would bring better results like GenRF, lasers or peels for the texture instead of doing cross many times. I don't want to be insensitive towards those who have worse scars, I know that this is not severe scarring, but the photos don't show the texture properly and even on these photos you can see I have 2 large box car scars and deep icepics. These scars really bother me. Why should I not treat them if they bother me? 

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

Not to sound trite or downplay your concerns, but your scars are so minimal that only you would notice them. Unless somebody is really out to find them, it would be hard to see them. Most will miss it. People normally don't pay attention to details.

I know the scars are not severe but they really bother me and people do see them I catch people looking at my forehead sometimes. The pictures don't show the bad texture very well.  

Edited by Guest

Read what I wrote. I suggested 3 treatments.

However, when you get treatment , there is always not a small chance of making your skin worse. The big guns among the lasers come with big risks ( see the many threads lately on orange peel texture after ablative CO2). Studies show that 20% (1 in every 5 people) will have a new breakout due to the laser treatment. Genius RF can lead to fat loss. The phenol peel this so called chemabrasion is downright brutal. Expensive, too. 2 days of peeling. You've got to be placed under general anaesthesia and you will recover for months after. Not to mention the pigmentation issues. The peel could be effective, no doubt, but with your kind of scarring it's too much of a risk.

There's always risk. Thank you anyways. 

Edited by Guest