Notifications
Clear all

Today my acne scars broke my heart

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/17/2020 5:18 pm

42 minutes ago, can i get a new life please said:

Hi(sorry for my bad english)

Today i was looking down at my grandparents houses balcony then i found my grandpa's shaving mirror i just look at myself and damnn my scars and pores are ugly ass hell i feeled like somebody put my heart in a icebag, after a long thinking session, i went downstairs and drinked a cold water then i look myself in bathroom mirror then shocked again damn, my scars look like sh*t i was just shocked cause i usually dont look mirrors without my home, even when im driving i dont look at them, i dont have a backup mirror in my car i dont know why but mirrors makes me nervous maybe im hiding the truth or something.

Do you treat others by the way he or she looks, especially the face? If not, why do you want to treat yourself that way?

Also if you're not happy with what you see, don't just complain. Do something about it.

Antique84 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/17/2020 5:32 pm

3 minutes ago, can i get a new life please said:

No i never treat others by how they look but it is what it is scars and dents on face just looks ugly. Im thinking home microneedling and im upload a before-after pics here.

Since you're actively complaining, I imagine your scars are pretty visible. Unless you have very shallow scars, microneedling will not be of much help. But upload some photos for evaluation nonetheless.

MemberMember
(@kitsliv45)

Posted : 07/17/2020 8:07 pm

@Sirius LeeIt's not that simple... Treating others based on the contentof their character and having self-image issues are completely different. That's like telling a depressed person to just be happy.

Also, treatments are not simple. It's expensive, time consuming, and access to doctors are dependent on location. It doesn't matter whether the scars are shallow or very deep. It affects everyone differently. There are people with perfect skin who have body dysmorphic disorder. Instead of telling people to stop complaining on an acne forum, trying being understanding for once.

Antique84, Aspirin and liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/18/2020 12:03 am

3 hours ago, kitsliv45 said:

@Sirius LeeIt's not that simple... Treating others based on the contentof their character and having self-image issues are completely different. That's like telling a depressed person to just be happy.

Also, treatments are not simple. It's expensive, time consuming, and access to doctors are dependent on location. It doesn't matter whether the scars are shallow or very deep. It affects everyone differently. There are people with perfect skin who have body dysmorphic disorder. Instead of telling people to stop complaining on an acne forum, trying being understanding for once.

Having scars myself, I know it's not simple no matter what angle you approach it from. But you need to make the leap sooner or later because longer you postpone treatment, it will only eat away your feelings. If you can't afford treatment, you still have a few choices, like TCA that can be done at home.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 07/19/2020 12:48 pm

I've been there for sure, for many years. I'm sorry to hear you felt that way, I hope you're feeling better.

You just have totreat it. That's the only thing that ever released me of the anxiety. Accept youhave scars for sure, but treat them to feel better.

You liked
MemberMember
(@lilo24)

Posted : 08/18/2020 11:34 pm

i know how you feel. I been there exactly in your shoes. i know its hard but ive learned to accept myself and love myself with my scars. i think its made me a stronger person. You should do your research before you try anything so you dont make it worse. Iam looking for some treatment also not sure yet. Hugs my friend

facial and liked
MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/19/2020 12:03 am

I can totally feel what you are feeling now and I'm going through the same thing.

I didn't even realize my bad scars in the past 10 years and I lived happily, outgoing.There wasone time when I look at the mirrorclosely in a bad lighting and I was shocked by my scars. From that time, I became a bit insane and I was keeping searching for mirrors in different lightnings to see how my scars look like.

I was feeling insecure and anxiety, and there was one time I would like to commit suicide. However, I didn't let it catch me and start accepting it.

I'm prone to keloid as well, even 90% TCA can make a small bump on my face. Therefore, I cannot even try aggressive treatment. But I'm still here and try to accept myself.

You liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 08/19/2020 4:24 am

earn money and treat them

MemberMember
(@secretstarsupgmail-com)

Posted : 09/28/2020 6:59 am

On 8/19/2020 at 10:33 AM, Jack817 said:

I can totally feel what you are feeling now and I'm going through the same thing.

I didn't even realize my bad scars in the past 10 years and I lived happily, outgoing.There wasone time when I look at the mirrorclosely in a bad lighting and I was shocked by my scars. From that time, I became a bit insane and I was keeping searching for mirrors in different lightnings to see how my scars look like.

I was feeling insecure and anxiety, and there was one time I would like to commit suicide. However, I didn't let it catch me and start accepting it.

I'm prone to keloid as well, even 90% TCA can make a small bump on my face. Therefore, I cannot even try aggressive treatment. But I'm still here and try to accept myself.

Even I went through this, still am. 2 years ago, I graduated high school. While school,I was unaware of all the scars on my face. I thought they were all part ofthe blackheads and acne and that they would disappear after some time and I would have glass-like clear skin.

Once I joined university, I realised that is not the case. I have been driving myself mad, pretty sure I have become depressed and compulsive. I wake up in the middle of the night to look at my scars and my whole world revolves around them. I would not mind my face one bit if all I had to do is be around my family. But having to meet friends, other people, wish for a relationship, my face just makes me feel hopeless.

I wish scarred faces were more represented in media. Because, we are being shunned away for looking a certain way, which was not our choice in the first place.

Jack817 and liked
MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 10/16/2020 2:55 am

U need to find a path of acceptance while u fight through it. I know its hard, but, once u accept your scars, accept the fact that they make you feel bad, its when u slowly will start a process of acceptance. Acceptance is not about giving up treatments and not look for improvement, acceptance if about not letting it drain you, not letting it destroy you from your core.
IDK about you, but my scars arent about what others perceive, my scars are about how i perceive myself, and i got to a point that i realized that even if i was alone in this world it would bother me, even if no one else could see them, it would bother me.
Acceptance is surpassing that "bothering" stage and getting ready to face those things we dont have control.
Its not about comparing your scars with others
its not about comparing your condition with others
Be real with you, try to find objective ways to treat your scars while u accept them
Needling it wont do shit if u dont know what ur doing.
What type of scars you have? Do you have a plan to treat them?
Have you tried to find the knowledge to atleast find a good professional to treat them?
Cheer up, if u dont have more active acne, your scars can only get better from now. Share photos of your scarring and let us help you.

Miro, Sirius Lee and liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/16/2020 12:42 pm

I believe we were all sent here for a reason. Call it a higher calling, spiritual mission, or what have you. But obsessing about scars and letting them define who we are is not one of them. I think you need find a purpose in life. Let that dictate who you are and where you should go. Peace.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 10/17/2020 11:19 am

On 10/16/2020 at 9:55 AM, De Rerum Natura said:

U need to find a path of acceptance while u fight through it. I know its hard, but, once u accept your scars, accept the fact that they make you feel bad, its when u slowly will start a process of acceptance. Acceptance is not about giving up treatments and not look for improvement, acceptance if about not letting it drain you, not letting it destroy you from your core.
IDK about you, but my scars arent about what others perceive, my scars are about how i perceive myself, and i got to a point that i realized that even if i was alone in this world it would bother me, even if no one else could see them, it would bother me.
Acceptance is surpassing that "bothering" stage and getting ready to face those things we dont have control.
Its not about comparing your scars with others
its not about comparing your condition with others
Be real with you, try to find objective ways to treat your scars while u accept them
Needling it wont do shit if u dont know what ur doing.
What type of scars you have? Do you have a plan to treat them? 
Have you tried to find the knowledge to atleast find a good professional to treat them?
Cheer up, if u dont have more active acne, your scars can only get better from now. Share photos of your scarring and let us help you. 

Well said. We share the same thoughts. My scars were a huge part of my life, but now... not so much anymore. It still make me sad at times, but obsessed by the mirror... no. I have better things to do. Nowadays I plan to do microneedling sessions at home. I'm done with visiting doctors. 

I have my own family. I have a boyfriend, a daughter who is 6 y/o and I have a babyboy and he is 9 weeks :) If we look horrendous as we see ourselves, how is it possible to get boyfriends/girlfriends? Maybe because we simply not look as bad as we think, or we have a nice personality. We are more than scars :)

MemberMember
(@mygeauxgmail-com)

Posted : 10/19/2020 4:22 pm

Are you still getting break outs or just scars? Maybe if you post a picture the community can help. I'm in my late 30's and have felt that way since highschool. I just had to have a plan and am now executing them to try and rid my scars. It's really weird when people tell you how beautiful you are but you see the complete opposite so much so you think that they're lying to you. One day I just found out what I needed done, how much it would be, what doctor to go to and save whatever I could. I still have a ways to go but I feel better at least working on it.

You liked
MemberMember
(@mygeauxgmail-com)

Posted : 10/20/2020 7:26 pm

I don't know what your faith is but if it'sa higher being, you are never lonely because that being is ALWAYS in the midst. Therapy has helped me as well. There's definitely no cure all because your thoughts will still back track sometimes but habits don't happen over night. Just know that no one or thing can make you happy if you don't know what makes you happy. Skin issues aside, think about what your surrounding yourself with. Is it your hobbies?, beautiful things you like to look at or listen to? Is it daily negative self talk? Just start replacing each thought with something completely different. We have to do the work ourselves because honestly no one can do it for us. If they do you will be at the mercy of that person forever, who wants that? Hope you do the work, it's not a sprint but a marathon. If you were created trust that you are worth the work!

Sirius Lee and liked