Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aspirin

What are the logistics of travelling for scar treatment?

I see so many people talk about doing that here but I don't actually understand how they do it?

I always have looked extremely red, bleeding, swollen and/or bruised after treatments and feel awkward just driving home. But people here travel internationally for it.

Do you stay in your treatment location for a long time?

If traveling by plane, do you wear a mask?

Can you do it alone?

I have other questions but can't think of them right now lol...

Usually your doctor will tell you if you need a chaperone or need to stay overnight it varies depending on your procedure. I recently drove 8 hours right after a procedure and the only thing that really bothered me was the sunlight exposure. In terms of flying in the current environment you most likely have to wear a mask. The best option would probably be to stay overnight then fly thats what I plan to do on my next treatment.

Considering the treatments I had I never could have traveled for at least a week after the procedure.  The current face mask mandate actually works in your favor.  Everything depends on what procedure you are having done.