Notifications
Clear all

Subcision failed !

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/14/2020 4:43 pm

I am suffering a long time because of my acne scars. I have a deep atrophic acne scar on my cheek...

Well 3 weeks ago i had a subcision done by one of the best doctors in Europe, he also treated my scars mit 80 % TCA Cross.

Unfortunaly my scars look a bit wider now, and it seems that the edges are more noticeable. The all over appearance just looks bad and not good at all, my scars also seems to look a little bit darker. I should mention that Im skin type 4-5.

I thought my scars would look better after a few weeks, but the bad look seems to remain.

I feel a little bit helpless right now, I know that I might need multiple subcisions, but does It make sense to head for more subcisions if a single one did make my scars look more worse ?

I hope someone can give me some advice and help me....

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/15/2020 12:33 am

They usually look pretty crappy once the swelling goes down (2-3 weeks post-op), so lighten up. You should see improvement in about a week or two.

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/15/2020 1:15 am

Thanks for your advice ! I forgot to mention that my doctor also used Radiesse as a filler !

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 07/15/2020 1:30 am

I red that scars after TCA look worse for some time, then they get better, people that had TCA done on their scars couldtell u more.

Also this is weird, 3 weeks after subcision with Dr Emil, i looked really good, theres a filler and it has this immediate effect so...

But everyone is different .

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/16/2020 4:24 am

Delete

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/16/2020 5:32 pm

13 hours ago, Stef3000 said:

<<<<how can it be that I have a deeper dent after Sub and filler ?

Who recommended subcision? Your scars are too superficial for subcision anyway.

There can be a dent after subcision from unintended complications like fat atrophy.

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/16/2020 6:15 pm

37 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Who recommended subcision? Your scars are too superficial for subcision anyway.

There can be a dent after subcision from unintended complications like fat atrophy.

BA recommend this to me. Is it possible to get rid of the dent because I already havesome filler undermy scar ?
my doctor claims that this is normal, but Imnot sure and Im a bit insecure about the outcome and Im not sure if this is normal. Maybe its just my exaggerated subjective view that makes everything look more worse, but somehow I think that something went wrong...

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/17/2020 1:31 am

7 hours ago, Stef3000 said:

Is it possible to get rid of the dent because I already havesome filler undermy scar ?
my doctor claims that this is normal, but Imnot sure and Im a bit insecure about the outcome and Im not sure if this is normal. Maybe its just my exaggerated subjective view that makes everything look more worse, but somehow I think that something went wrong...

It's hard to say. You scar can appear deeper than before due to many factors. One possibility is filler migration, where the filler moves out of place. Another reason, although unlikely, is the damage of underlying tissue, such as fat. However, ifyou're bent on looking for a reason to justify your suspicion, you're bound to find one. That's just how our mind works.

I would wait another month or so before jumping to any conclusion. It's still too early to make a call.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 07/17/2020 1:43 am

I dont know if pictures dont show hot it really looks like, but this is just some superficial scarring , very small i d say, subcision for this ?

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/17/2020 2:08 am

Delete

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/17/2020 2:48 am

1 hour ago, Miro said:

I dont know if pictures dont show hot it really looks like, but this is just some superficial scarring , very small i d say, subcision for this ?

I somehow thing that the filler really migrated, but Im not sure. I just cant afford another trip to the doctor and ask him what it is. Unfortunately he also didnt do a videoconference at the end,because he did say that the resolution would be to low to show the exact problem.

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/27/2020 2:46 am

I think I found out the problem after doing a lot of research and talking with BA. The Doktor who did the Subsicion also applied TCA Crosson one Ice pick scar.

The problem Is, that I was 2Pre Treatmenton accutane, but the thing is that Itold him that ! I did even ask him in his clinic if this would be safe whenI was recently on accutane and did say that this would be ok. Now I got new scars that are getting worse day by day.

Im a bit desperate and I don't know what to do because I don't have enough money to travel back to the doctor and I can't pay him for another treatment, I don't even know how to fix this problem. I hope somebody can help.

MemberMember
(@diskursen)

Posted : 07/27/2020 8:11 am

Maybe you should visit a therapist regarding your scars. You barely have any scars and shouldnt stress about it like you do.

Sibel liked
MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 07/27/2020 1:21 pm

Well the thing is that I cant capture a picturethat show the scars how they really are... They are actually more severe, BA also did say that they were severe.... but everyone says something else. They are peoplewithless scaring and they are also unhappy,should they all do nothing and go to therapy now ?

5 hours ago, diskursen said:

Maybe you should visit a therapist regarding your scars. You barely have any scars and shouldnt stress about it like you do.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/27/2020 9:39 pm

Are you the person on the recent ad of Cutis Clinic for subcision and Radiesse? Treated by one of the best in Europe? If so your improvement is HUGE man!

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/16/2020 12:41 pm

How are doing ? Better ?

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 08/19/2020 1:00 pm

Delete

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 08/19/2020 1:32 pm

30 minutes ago, Stef3000 said:

I hope I can find a method to fix my problem.

you have no problem, mate. its nothing and no one never notice it

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 08/19/2020 2:07 pm

1 hour ago, Stef3000 said:

Well my scar still looks worse then before. On top of that if feels thicker and I don™t know if this is from the Radiesse or if it is excessive scar tissue.  Sometimes I think it could be a little bit of keloid scarring but im not sure. My scars are also red and dark a some times and they seem to be deeper when sunlight shines on it.

I feel really frustrated that I did pay so much money to make things worse. 

On the pictures they sometimes don™t look so bad but in sunlight in the real world It shocks me how they look know because they are a little bit shiny and more noticeable. 

I hope I can find a method to fix my problem.

D8A32453-3053-4F9D-8BB1-2788B5C39DF3.jpeg

C611D1FF-4DDF-41DB-8AB8-DF44EE46083B.jpeg

9738D8C7-AA15-4D0E-A574-9795D53F9676.jpeg

From pics i Dont see anything , scars got worse from TCA or subcision ?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/19/2020 3:46 pm

I see nothing. If I run into you in the street, I wouldn't even have noticed that you had scars. Psychologically, people don't pay attention to details (unless you tell them to). Stop stop obsessing over these tiny scars and enjoy your life.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/20/2020 7:06 pm

I also see no scarring in your before and after pictures. You may be obsessing. You look great!Honestly if my face looked like yours, I'd be confident and happy.

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 08/21/2020 3:16 am

Dont you all see anything at all ? I mean I see a big difference between my right and my left cheek, there is some kind of a dent there or atrophy, I call them scars but maybe I didnt name them right. But I stillt see that there Is a difference between my cheeks and the difference is caused by atrophy or the dent.
Maybe my camera cant capture it how I see them.

But if I have no scars why did the doctor do subcision ? Just to make some money ? And I also heard some popping so I think I have/hadscars. Ima bit confused now.

I really appreciate when you all say that I look great but somehow I dont feel great at all.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/21/2020 3:53 am

39 minutes ago, Stef3000 said:

Dont you all see anything at all ? I mean I see a big difference between my right and my left cheek, there is some kind of a dent there or atrophy, I call them scars but maybe I didnt name them right. But I stillt see that there Is a difference between my cheeks and the difference is caused by atrophy or the dent.
Maybe my camera cant capture it how I see them.

But if I have no scars why did the doctor do subcision ? Just to make some money ? And I also heard some popping so I think I have/hadscars. Ima bit confused now.

I really appreciate when you all say that I look great but somehow I dont feel great at all.

It appears to be the natural contours of your face.If you look at your pic under the wood ceiling and the airplane pic, you'll see a barely perceptible indent on the other cheek so your face has good, balanced contours.

Look, if I saw a scar,I'd say something like "Oh, it's not that bad." Everyone here who suffers with scarring has heard that statement before and we all know it means that yah, to a certain extent it's bad. I'd never say that about you. If you try to fix and keep fixing what you only see, you can certainly create a problem.

I'm curious. What do friends and family say?

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 08/21/2020 4:21 am

18 minutes ago, Urbanite said:

It appears to be the natural contours of your face.If you look at your pic under the wood ceiling and the airplane pic, you'll see a barely perceptible indent on the other cheek so your face has good, balanced contours.

Look, if I saw a scar,I'd say something like "Oh, it's not that bad." Everyone here who suffers with scarring has heard that statement before and we all know it means that yah, to a certain extent it's bad. I'd never say that about you. If you try to fix and keep fixing what you only see, you can certainly create a problem.

I'm curious. What do friends and family say?

Yeah sometimes I think that I shouldnt have done the subcision.

I dont really talk about this with my friends and family because I feel ashamed about my situation.
I only talked once with my mum about it and she did say that she cant see anything but shes my mom and she will always say that,even if I have the biggest scars on earth.

my Scars are also most noticeable in direct sunlight. And I have a certain feeling were I got the Radiesse filler injected and I dont know if I feel the filler or if this is scar tissue that developed after the subcision, because before the subcision I didnt feel anything in that area, so I thinkthat something did happen there.

I really appreciate your answer and I rally try to master my situation but its really difficult for me somehow. When I look in the mirror I just see this uneven scar/ area on my face with is more prominent in sunlight.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/21/2020 4:33 am

12 minutes ago, Stef3000 said:

Yeah sometimes I think that I shouldnt have done the subcision.

I dont really talk about this with my friends and family because I feel ashamed about my situation.
I only talked once with my mum about it and she did say that she cant see anything but shes my mom and she will always say that,even if I have the biggest scars on earth.

my Scars are also most noticeable in direct sunlight. And I have a certain feeling were I got the Radiesse filler injected and I dont know if I feel the filler or if this is scar tissue that developed after the subcision, because before the subcision I didnt feel anything in that area, so I thinkthat something did happen there.

I really appreciate your answer and I rally try to master my situation but its really difficult for me somehow. When I look in the mirror I just see this uneven scar/ area on my face with is more prominent in sunlight.

There is nothing to be ashamed about. I know you see your face every day andyou know it better than anyone else so I'm not trying to minimize what you see.

I'd reach out to one of your best friends -- maybe a woman and see if she sees what you see. Slight imperfections are what makes us human. I just wouldn't want you to keep pursuing perfection and then making a problem. I got a treatment 2-1/2 years ago and I haven't been the same since. I really made matters worse than if I'd just left my face alone.

If anything, let some time go by and let your face settle and fully heal. Then re-assess.