Notifications
Clear all

[Pics] I'm ready to start treatment for my scars. What is the best course of action?

MemberMember
(@sugarandstuff)

Posted : 07/10/2020 5:53 pm

I'm tired of my face.

Would you suggest subcision?

Subcision and filler?

2 - 6 rounds of subcision before filler?

RF microneedling?

Is there a best kind of filler I should request if I go that route?

I'm kind of weary of lasers and would like to avoid those.. advice please!

20200710_153808.jpg

fdsf.jpg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/10/2020 7:02 pm

58 minutes ago, sugarandstuff said:

Would you suggest subcision?

Subcision and filler?

2 - 6 rounds of subcision before filler?

RF microneedling?

Is there a best kind of filler I should request if I go that route?

I'm kind of weary of lasers and would like to avoid those.. advice please!

1. At least 3 rounds of subcision, preferably with injectible filler. In fact, I suggest you wait 2 weeks after subcision until swelling subsides. Then get Juvederm Voluma, which lasts the longest.

2. After 3 months, 80% TCA CROSSapplied only to the pits; 35% applied as a PEEL between the pits. The concentration can change after 3 months' evaluation.

3. Alternate between subcision and TCA Cross every 3 months (eg. subcision now, then TCA in 3 months, another subcision in 6 months, etc)

MemberMember
(@sugarandstuff)

Posted : 07/12/2020 7:08 pm

Hm, now I'm not so sure.

I e-mailed the only reputable place I know that does subcision, and cost STARTS at 1000, goes up to 3500. That seems like a lot.

I could also do RF microneedling at a place for 550 per session.

Do my scars look very tethered down? Or do you think RF microneedling could produce some good results?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/13/2020 12:12 am

5 hours ago, sugarandstuff said:

I e-mailed the only reputable place I know that does subcision, and cost STARTS at 1000, goes up to 3500. That seems like a lot.

For 1 session? That's crazy.

It appears some scars are tethered, but it's very hard to know whether they're actually tethered by looking solely at the picture. However, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to get RF initially. You could always subcise later. Try alternating between RF and TCA every 3 months.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@thatiamgood)

Posted : 07/13/2020 12:36 am

Infini RF costs 2,300 USD per session here (Taiwan). It costs 250 USD per session in Malaysia (buy 3 get 1 free). I think I know where I'm going when travel restriction is lifted.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 07/13/2020 2:22 am

I would go with cannula subcision as your first treatment to see how much improvement you get from whatever is tethered. I've never done RF microneedling due to the possible side effects, but if you really want to do something like Infini, I think it's worth it to do subcision first.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 07/13/2020 4:19 am

3 hours ago, thatiamgood said:

Infini RF costs 2,300 USD per session here (Taiwan). It costs 250 USD per session in Malaysia (buy 3 get 1 free). I think I know where I'm going when travel restriction is lifted.

it costs 100 $ in india , I think I should pull the plug and go for it.

MemberMember
(@thatiamgood)

Posted : 07/13/2020 3:22 pm

On 7/13/2020 at 3:19 PM, Ravi.kumar.engineer said:

it costs 100 $ in india , I think I should pull the plug and go for it.

Wow, I wish it was that cheap here. I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I wonder why such drastic price difference. Is it for whole face? How many passes?

The one quoted me 250 USD in Malaysia is for the whole face using Infini RF. But I dunno how many passes and energy level/coverage.

[removed]

Pay for 3 get 1 free. I'm not endorsing them, just curious why such stark differences in prices. I know Secret RF and Intracel is cheaper here but still very expensive compared to above price quoted - 4 times more expensive with weaker machines!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/13/2020 5:16 pm

1 hour ago, thatiamgood said:

Pay for 3 get 1 free. I'm not endorsing them, just curious why such stark differences in prices. I know Secret RF and Intracel is cheaper here but still very expensive compared to above price quoted - 4 times more expensive with weaker machines!

I'm pretty sure it's tied to the nation's GDP. The higher the living standards, more expensive the treatment. But then again, healthcare related expenses is through the roof in the US. The system is totally broken.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/13/2020 5:51 pm

FYI

Lots of medspa places do affordable infini genius if you buy a package. A Charleston SC one was $700 per

New Braunfels TX, outside San Antonio has a place. package of 3 for $1800 Hill county vein center

They don't have experience with scarring and you need to tell them the numbers.

Weiner uses 2.5 at 30 energy, 2nd pass 2.0 at 25 energy, 3rd pass 1.5

He does this for almost all females. Don't know what men's number are.

36 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

I'm pretty sure it's tied to the nation's GDP. The higher the living standards, more expensive the treatment. But then again, healthcare related expenses is through the roof in the US. The system is totally broken.

Kinda

Korea is cheaper because of the competition.

MemberMember
(@thatiamgood)

Posted : 07/13/2020 9:17 pm

4 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Or greed. Haha.

Here, I got 3 different prices for Secret RF.

2300 USD for 3 times with PrP...

2000 USD one time without PrP.

1800 USD one time no PrP.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/14/2020 12:37 am

3 hours ago, thatiamgood said:

Or greed. Haha.

Here, I got 3 different prices for Secret RF.

2300 USD for 3 times with PrP...

2000 USD one time without PrP.

1800 USD one time no PrP.

WTF? You must live in Manhattan or something. $2000 for one session? That's more than greed. And it's not even Genius (insulated)but Scarlet (uninsulated). I suggest you fly out to Canada. I heard that it's half the price up there.

MemberMember
(@thatiamgood)

Posted : 07/14/2020 1:19 am

34 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

WTF? You must live in Manhattan or something. $2000 for one session? That's more than greed. And it's not even Genius (insulated)but Scarlet (uninsulated). I suggest you fly out to Canada. I heard that it's half the price up there.

It's for Secret RF. They are crazy rip-off here. We are not even known for scar revision. They just think they can charge anything they want. I went to see 5 or 6 doctors, got 5 different opinions - it depends on what machine they have.

One doc quote me 5000 USD for one session of Profound RF. My goodness. They must think I'm shitting gold bars or something.

It will cost me less to fly to Malaysia and back get a free vacation out of it and get the real Infini RF and still money left over.

Infini RF is 2300 USD here per session.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/14/2020 4:14 pm

This is the sad reality of healthcare in the US these days, especially within the specialty of plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Patients are seen as mere money-making opportunity to maintain their expensive lifestyles. Sad.

I think you're right. Go to another country where it's more affordable. As I stated previously, it's way more cheaper even in Canada.

MemberMember
(@zephyr101)

Posted : 07/15/2020 5:52 am

$2000 for one session of Secret RF is absurd. If you're fromManhattan you may as well travel to Brooklyn and look intoDr. Khrom. She offers 3 sessions of Infini for $1800.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 07/18/2020 7:08 pm

On 7/13/2020 at 11:19 PM, thatiamgood said:

It's for Secret RF. They are crazy rip-off here. We are not even known for scar revision. They just think they can charge anything they want. I went to see 5 or 6 doctors, got 5 different opinions - it depends on what machine they have.

One doc quote me 5000 USD for one session of Profound RF. My goodness. They must think I'm shitting gold bars or something.

It will cost me less to fly to Malaysia and back get a free vacation out of it and get the real Infini RF and still money left over.

Infini RF is 2300 USD here per session.

I want to put prices on doctors reviews just to warn patients that they are rip-offs!

Infini RF microneedling can be done for $1,000 and I'm in probably the most expensive area in the US (CA, not NY). In the same area, another doctor charges $1,750 for the same procedure and $750 for PRP.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/18/2020 8:31 pm

1 hour ago, Amanda Hall said:

I want to put prices on doctors reviews just to warn patients that they are rip-offs!

Infini RF microneedling can be done for $1,000 and I'm in probably the most expensive area in the US (CA, not NY). In the same area, another doctor charges $1,750 for the same procedure and $750 for PRP.

"Meritocracy" is a buzzword these days. I say the price of a treatment should also be based on merit or the actual improvement. If I paid the doc $1000 today and I only see 10% improvement in 3 months, then I should be refunded 90% ($900).

MemberMember
(@thatiamgood)

Posted : 07/18/2020 9:56 pm

The doc that is charging me 2300 USD for Infini also does TCA. But when I inquired, she tells me they no longer offer TCA as a standalone procedure and advices me to do a combination of UltraPulse laser and subcision. But I told her ice pick scars don't work too well with lasers, she insists it does work and whoever told me that is wrong. Btw, she wanted 1400 USD for the subcision.

Anyone know a good clinic in Thailand or Singapore?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 07/18/2020 10:56 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

"Meritocracy" is a buzzword these days. I say the price of a treatment should also be based on merit or the actual improvement. If I paid the doc $1000 today and I only see 10% improvement in 3 months, then I should be refunded 90% ($900).

Lots of doctors wouldn't get into the cosmetic world then because it's so subjective. 10% to you could be 50% for the doctor. Also, there are so many risks with lasers that doctors would not think about spending money paying for lasers since they only yield so much in return.

I do agree that in an ideal world, that should happen. But doctors will bitch about spending so many years in school and their costs are based on their skills.

59 minutes ago, thatiamgood said:

The doc that is charging me 2300 USD for Infini also does TCA. But when I inquired, she tells me they no longer offer TCA as a standalone procedure and advices me to do a combination of UltraPulse laser and subcision. But I told her ice pick scars don't work too well with lasers, she insists it does work and whoever told me that is wrong. Btw, she wanted 1400 USD for the subcision.

Anyone know a good clinic in Thailand or Singapore?

That doctor is stupid. Subcision and TCA Cross are for different scars. If you only have ice pick scars, you don't need subcision.

Find another doctor and write a bad review for her.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/19/2020 3:03 pm

16 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

I do agree that in an ideal world, that should happen. But doctors will bitch about spending so many years in school and their costs are based on their skills.

Well, there are too many doctors these days anyway, most of whom value profit over patient care. Anyway, you also have a choice. If you don't like your doctor, it's time to move on. Also use the Internet to spread the word. Let others know what a crappy doctor he or she is for the price you paid.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 07/19/2020 3:08 pm

18 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Yes and 90% of dermatologist would go bancrupt 🙂

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/19/2020 3:20 pm

9 minutes ago, Miro said:

Yes and 90% of dermatologist would go bancrupt 🙂

So don't overcharge for treatments that deliver negligible results. BTW most of them already know from experience what the expected outcome will be.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 07/20/2020 2:52 am

11 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

So don't overcharge for treatments that deliver negligible results. BTW most of them already know from experience what the expected outcome will be.

Doctors also know that there are better treatments out there but they don't have the device; therefore, they only suggest what they have.

MemberMember
(@thatiamgood)

Posted : 07/20/2020 8:23 am

"No way, our doctor have successfully treated many patients with ice-pick scars with UltraPulse laser in the past. It depends on the skill of the doctor..."

That was exact response when I asked them about using TCA Cross because lasers being ineffective against ice-pick scars.

Of course TCA is 1/10th of cost of UP and 1/20th cost of Infini RF at their clinic.

Like Sirius said above, if doctors fees are based on merit, I doubt these type of pricing would exist.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 07/20/2020 8:38 am

14 minutes ago, thatiamgood said:

"No way, our doctor have successfully treated many patients with ice-pick scars with UltraPulse laser in the past. It depends on the skill of the doctor..."

That was exact response when I asked them about using TCA Cross because lasers being ineffective against ice-pick scars.

Of course TCA is 1/10th of cost of UP and 1/20th cost of Infini RF at their clinic.

Like Sirius said above, if doctors fees are based on merit, I doubt these type of pricing would exist.

O h yeah ? Tell em to show a photos of this succesfull treatment before after, same ligtning same angle, or ok put it on paper and sign it as a deal between you and the clinic .