Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was watching the news last night (me= boring LOL) and well they were talking about effective acne treatments. They talked about BP being one of the most effective acne treatments and how you can treat yourself with over the counter products because a lot of doctors will prescribe the same thing (with BP in it) and its way cheaper to buy it from a store then let a doctor write a prescription for it.

I love BP .. I have tried soo many products in the past few years and I have always come back to BP as it has been the most effective.

dermatologists have no clue how to deal with acne.....all of them still have jobs because of other skin problems and accutane

You're right but they have access to the good shit unlike us regular joes off the street wink.gif

I was watching the news last night (me= boring LOL) and well they were talking about effective acne treatments. They talked about BP being one of the most effective acne treatments and how you can treat yourself with over the counter products because a lot of doctors will prescribe the same thing (with BP in it) and its way cheaper to buy it from a store then let a doctor write a prescription for it.

I think this is the story that you're talking about - Lotion 'good as drugs' for acne. The research was carried out here in the UK and it came to the conclusion that BP is just as effective as oral antibiotics in treating acne.

I've seen a couple of derms, who appear cocky, and pretend like they know more about your acne than you do. Most of the time, you can see that they've never had acne in their life. They run a conveyer belt of people and medication. They have 5 standard things they perscribe, and are not interested in alternative medications, or anything over-the-counter.

omg, i hate that about my derm! they think they just gotta glance at me once and be like "here's a perscription". Like, can i discuss my problem? can i tell you my main concerns?? nooooo.... and again.. i see this new derm once, and i talked to her for like 5 min, and she gave me a perscription, and then i come back 3 months later, and shes like "omg, it cleared up so much". seriously, does she really remember what my face looked like??