Notifications
Clear all

Need help with ice pick scars on nose

MemberMember
(@antonguthujansenhotmail-com)

Posted : 07/01/2020 5:57 pm

Good day to you all :) I have been bothered by stubborn blackheads on my T-zone from when I was in my mid teens, and being young and unaware of the following consequences I've picked alot at my nose and therefore have some ice pick scarring. This is taking a huge toll on me mentally and I have therefore just recently started scar treatment, whereas I took my first dermapen treatment last week, two more planned as for now. I would really appreciate some tips for what treatment-method you guys think will fit me, also some input on what kind of results I realistically can expect. Every opinion is much appreciated, I am really at an all time low writing this so for any of you sharing their input would mean the world to me! Thank you in advance!

Ps. sorry for picking my nose in the picture, I tried to make my scarring more visible for the picture.

received_276976076948707.jpeg

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 07/01/2020 6:49 pm

this took a huge tool on you mentally? youmean your pores?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/01/2020 7:38 pm

1 hour ago, antongj97 said:

I have just recently started scar treatment, whereas I took my first dermapen treatment last week, two more planned as for now. I would really appreciate some tips for what treatment-method you guys think will fit me,

Don't waste your money withdermapen. TCA Cross is the gold standard when it comes to icepick scars and you can expect nearly 90% success. This can be done at homeor at the clinic. Good luck.

antongj97 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 07/02/2020 4:23 am

9 hours ago, acnescars2000 said:

this took a huge tool on you mentally? you mean your pores? 

Having these scars (enlarged pores) and getting new ones regularly is taking a toll on me :/

8 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Don't waste your money with dermapen. TCA Cross is the gold standard when it comes to icepick scars and you can expect nearly 90% success. This can be done at home or at the clinic. Good luck.

Thank you for responding :)Is it not some risk involved when doing tca cross? I've Read about People having their pores expanded Even more by having that treatment, and ofcourse alot of very good results aswell. I Dont think my scars are very deep, perhaps a couple of tca peels would be enough? Or just jump straight to the high percentage tca cross? 

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/02/2020 1:09 pm

8 hours ago, antongj97 said:

Having these scars (enlarged pores) and getting new ones regularly is taking a toll on me :/

Thank you for responding :)Is it not some risk involved when doing tca cross? I've Read about People having their pores expanded Even more by having that treatment, and ofcourse alot of very good results aswell. I Dont think my scars are very deep, perhaps a couple of tca peels would be enough? Or just jump straight to the high percentage tca cross? 

Frankly, your scars are soooooooooooooo mild, I can't even begin to fathom how you would react if you had scars that others display. Seriously, there are better ways to spend your time.

At any rate, 2 sessions of TCA 70% will be enough to get you back on track. Good luck.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 07/02/2020 3:06 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

Frankly, your scars are soooooooooooooo mild, I can't even begin to fathom how you would react if you had scars that others display. Seriously, there are better ways to spend your time.

At any rate, 2 sessions of TCA 70% will be enough to get you back on track. Good luck.

I have more severe scars on my face besides the ones on my nose, its just that those are the only ones bothering me. Just planned a consultation with a dermatologist next week in regard to the tca cross treatment, so we'll see how it goes. I appreciate your honesty, its far beyond normal how much these scars are bothering me compared to their visibility. Thank you very much for your time Sirius :)

MemberMember
(@substate)

Posted : 07/03/2020 10:45 am

Keep us updated! I have a similar nose so I'm also looking at options!

antongj97 liked
MemberMember
(@matt1274)

Posted : 07/03/2020 3:08 pm

What scars?

MemberMember

Posted : 07/03/2020 5:51 pm

2 hours ago, Matt1274 said:

What scars?

Enlarged pores on my nose from picking at blackheads

MemberMember
(@matt1274)

Posted : 07/03/2020 7:59 pm

From someone who absolutely destroyed their face from scar treatments (actual atrophicscarring) Im going to tell you with 100% honesty the enlarged pores on your nose are non existent to anyone you interact with. Dont just begin doing scar treatments for something that isnt scars. I WISH this was my issue with my face. You have excess sebum production most likelyon your nose which is why your pores are large. Are you sweating a lot during the day? I use an exfoliating cream in the shower every 3 days and finish my shower with cold water and it goes away and my nose clears up. I also noticed when these enlarged pores appear I tend to break out on my nose. Just my .02

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 07/04/2020 3:14 am

The best scar treatment for that would be TCA or phenol CROSS. That said, the enlarged pores will most likely get wider an more noticeable.It's also possible after several treatments that new scars willformwith pores combining due to the CROSS. If you're ok with the enlarged pores looking worse and more noticeable and possibly improve over time then go for it. If I were you, I'd just leave it alone and use a good exfoliator for the nose like a BHA 2% liquid.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/04/2020 5:20 am

18 hours ago, SubState said:

Keep us updated! I have a similar nose so I'm also looking at options!

I'm currently keeping track of progress by taking photos regularly. When I see results ill make sure to post it here and in the forum for the educational purpose of for other People with similar cases of scarring :)

9 hours ago, Matt1274 said:

From someone who absolutely destroyed their face from scar treatments (actual atrophic scarring) I™m going to tell you with 100% honesty the enlarged pores on your nose are non existent to anyone you interact with. Don™t just begin doing scar treatments for something that isn™t scars. I WISH this was my issue with my face. You have excess sebum production most likely on your nose which is why your pores are large. Are you sweating a lot during the day? I use an exfoliating cream in the shower every 3 days and finish my shower with cold water and it goes away and my nose clears up. I also noticed when these enlarged pores appear I tend to break out on my nose. Just my .02

MemberMember

Posted : 07/04/2020 5:42 am

2 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

The best scar treatment for that would be TCA or phenol CROSS. That said, the enlarged pores will most likely get wider an more noticeable. It's also possible after several treatments that new scars will form with pores combining due to the CROSS. If you're ok with the enlarged pores looking worse and more noticeable and possibly improve over time then go for it. If I were you, I'd just leave it alone and use a good exfoliator for the nose like a BHA 2% liquid. 

Been using the 2% bha by paulas choice with very little reduction in pore size. Do you think there is any chance of my pores blending with just low percentage tca peels? I just want to Even out the ice pick crate scars, i dont nessecarily expect silk smooth baby skin. Perhaps the dermapen treatment im doing at the moment will be sufficient for that. What do you think? I do have a excessive sebum production and sweat a lot i general, the scrub i use from ZO SKIN Health seems to be taking care of that. Thank you for your response

9 hours ago, Matt1274 said:

From someone who absolutely destroyed their face from scar treatments (actual atrophic scarring) I™m going to tell you with 100% honesty the enlarged pores on your nose are non existent to anyone you interact with. Don™t just begin doing scar treatments for something that isn™t scars. I WISH this was my issue with my face. You have excess sebum production most likely on your nose which is why your pores are large. Are you sweating a lot during the day? I use an exfoliating cream in the shower every 3 days and finish my shower with cold water and it goes away and my nose clears up. I also noticed when these enlarged pores appear I tend to break out on my nose. Just my .02

Do you think treathing the damaged pores on my nose would demand risky treatment methods that wont be Worth the risk? I usually sweat alot and my t sone is ofte very greasy. I dont mind that, only the scarring from picking at blackheads. Glycolic peels and bha have not done wonders for me, thats why im now considering treatment. A doctor recommended retin A as a possible treatment, do you have any thoughs on that? Thank you for your comment :)

MemberMember
(@anonymous682)

Posted : 07/04/2020 9:47 am

Use tretinoin (retin a)

I understand it bothers you, but the actual damage here is mental, not physical. Theseare not scars, and the true fix will require a change in thought process on how you view yourself.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 07/04/2020 2:35 pm

On 7/1/2020 at 7:49 PM, acnescars2000 said:

this took a huge tool on you mentally? youmean your pores?

Seriously