Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smacks487

simple question

hey there i haven't been here forever.

anywhoo, i was just wondering:

(on botchla's)

in the morning, sometimes, if i have a whitehead that i know will bust while washing, or bust at some point during the day, i will sterilize a needle over a candle and lance the zit and coax out the sebum with bits of cottonball.

well i have fairly sensitive skin, and i can only be using the BP in the evening, but i'm unsure about what to do after i did what i just wrote above. after lancing and draining the zit, i usually have to wait like 10 mins dabbing up that clear liquid. does that clear discharge have any acne bacteria (p.acnes or whatever)??

what my whole point of typing all this is, is to ask if it is necessary to use BP in the morning in the area i drain a zit, because of the clear liquid. does bacteria just keep coming out of the violated zit??

bump

please im really interested in the answer to this question i think about it every day if anyone knows please just post

yes, i know this. thank you for replying though.

i just would like to know if the clear stuff, which i think is plasma, has enough bacteria in it to spread acne.

To be on the safe side, after you pop a pimple apply some BP gel onto it to kill all the remaining bacteria (if there is some) this should stop it from spreading into more pimples. I think that answers your question cool.gif

well kindof

i mean that's what i've always done

i have sensitive skin, its winter time, and that means that i want to use as little bp as possible. if i pop in the morning, i feel the need to wash with bp but that irritates my skin and if i use bp morning and night too much i will break out badly. i use moisturizer so i usually dab the popped area with a tissue or toilet paper to soak up the clear stuff. then i moisturize around it before i leave...but i just really want to know if anybody knows anything about what's in this clear stuff

When I pop one like that I always clean the area with hydrogen peroxide just as I would clean a cut from shaving. That stuff that comes out is, I assume, skin oil and infectious pus that could not get out before because the pore was all clogged up with bacteria. So yes I think there is bacteria there that should be killed. Bacteria is part of what has built up inside the zit.

yea....damn....

i dont like the fact that sometimes they continue to leak their clear fluid after im done washing my face and dried it and moisturized it and everything it makes me very paranoid about spreading it.