Notifications
Clear all

Please share your aftercare Post-treatment skincare

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 06/21/2020 4:01 am

Hi All,

Since most thread focus on treatments themselves, I feel the post treatments themselves is also equally important. Been there, done that using the wrong type of skincare (that was even suggested by the derm, exfoliating on the 3rd day afterFraxel) and burnt my skin!

I feel hydration alone is not enough perhaps. Any recommendation of aftercare skincare that also promotes better cell regeneration for example EGF? As far as I know, we still need to maintain the inflammation cause to remodel the scarring so aftercare might provide some boost on this.On the other hand, extra ingredient such as EGF might promote unwanted growth (not talking about tumor) of the newly regenerated cells. I tried peptides serum before and came with a rougher skin texture somehow? it could be just of that 1 brand but afterwards it quite deters me from trying another peptide serums.

so please do share the skincares you guys used after treatments , what's worked and what's not

cheers

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 06/29/2020 8:07 pm

I think it is based on the treatments that you get.

For me, I'm currently receiving Fraxel Dual + Subcision. I think my routine is quite simple, and also suggested by my derm.

For the first few days, I only use Cetaphil (or similar facewash) + Aquaphor + Vinegar Soak since my skin is very raw.

When the swelling subsides, I will return to my normal skin care routine plus Tazorac, which is also used to boost collagen remodeling.

And the sunscreen!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/30/2020 6:21 pm

On 6/21/2020 at 2:01 AM, poorbunny888 said:

Hi All,

Since most thread focus on treatments themselves, I feel the post treatments themselves is also equally important. Been there, done that using the wrong type of skincare (that was even suggested by the derm, exfoliating on the 3rd day afterFraxel) and burnt my skin!

I feel hydration alone is not enough perhaps. Any recommendation of aftercare skincare that also promotes better cell regeneration for example EGF? As far as I know, we still need to maintain the inflammation cause to remodel the scarring so aftercare might provide some boost on this.On the other hand, extra ingredient such as EGF might promote unwanted growth (not talking about tumor) of the newly regenerated cells. I tried peptides serum before and came with a rougher skin texture somehow? it could be just of that 1 brand but afterwards it quite deters me from trying another peptide serums.

so please do share the skincares you guys used after treatments , what's worked and what's not

cheers

Frankly, I've used copper peptide, HA serums, growth factors, etc in the past at the urging of the doctors. They smell good and feelnice on the face for about an hour. They're also horribly expensive and don't do anything for the actual scars. I've found that applying Vaseline or Aquaphor works just as well.Spending more money for services and products doesn't necessarily equate to better looking scars.

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 07/02/2020 3:37 pm

Hadalabo moisturizer (urea+hyluronic acid)

Retin-A to stimulate collagen.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 07/04/2020 4:20 am

Thanks All for the response!

@Jack817 Vinegar Soak? how is it applied onto the raw skin? I have exfoliating toner that has vinegar on it and it could make my skin more red during sensitive period. I think you use it as antibacterial property but would it make raw skin more sensitive in the same time?

@Sirius Lee

i'm thinking of using the Aquaphor after my treatment but quite concern it'd clog my skin. Vaseline clogged my skin badly in the past. how do you apply the Aquaphor? I assume thin layer should be sufficient but how thin would suffice for hydration and not clogging in the same time. 

@Vidrar

Hadalabo is a good brand indeed. I assume the Retin-A was used after the redness is gone? i jumped on Retinol too early after treatment in the past and got unwanted results :(

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/04/2020 3:56 pm

11 hours ago, poorbunny888 said:

@Sirius Lee

i'm thinking of using the Aquaphor after my treatment but quite concern it'd clog my skin. Vaseline clogged my skin badly in the past. how do you apply the Aquaphor? Iassume thin layer should be sufficient but how thin would suffice for hydration and not clogging in the same time.

First of all, your skin is oily because it's sebum production is in overdrive. You need to stop applying so much products on your face. Remember, every product comes with many toxic chemicals, especially preservatives which are poisonous to our body. In my younger days, I too had problem withoily skin. Once I stopped using ALL skin products (including cleanser) and splashed only water, I was able to get rid of the acne. Water is the best treatment.

Anyway, you don't need to apply a ton of aquaphor. I usually add a very thin coat at first and then reapply a second coat. Repeat as often as needed.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 07/05/2020 7:07 pm

On 7/4/2020 at 2:20 AM, poorbunny888 said:

@Jack817Vinegar Soak? how is it applied onto the raw skin? I have exfoliating toner that has vinegar on it and it could make my skin more red during sensitive period. I think you use it as antibacterial property but would it make raw skin more sensitive in the same time?

For me, I mix one scoop of white vinegar with a small cup of water, like 200ml and dip the the masks bought from MUJI into it and let it soak for about 5 - 10mins. Then I put the mask on with no more than 5 mins, and apply Aquahpor after wiping off the vinegar.

I think the toner that you use, have other things more than pure vinegar and may be you don't wipe it off.

The reason that I use white vinegar is to reduce the bacteria counts on my face so that the chance of having white heads after laser treatment is reduced.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 07/13/2020 10:55 pm

Hi All, my derm prescribed me Clindamycin cream which works for keeping my acnes at bay. I normally use it around 3 days post-care to keep any formed purging at bay. My question is how long could we use this type of antibiotic cream? as for antibiotics taken orally, we could not consume continuously for a long time. what about ones that applied topically such as this clindamycin cream? is there any limit for example, 1 year max? my skin is pretty stable to the point i'd just need to apply clindamycin once or twice a week. There're still small breakouts though hence i still not stop applying it. i've been using it for 6 months. 

@Sirius Lee

thanks, i'll give Aquaphor a try on my next laser treatment. Plan to ask my derm to step up to resurfacing laser

My skin is oily type from top to toe so automatically I have to keep my skincare pretty basic since changing or using too many products would clog my pores easily. I use Estee Lauder series for serum and moisturizer and once in a while do the double toner (exfoliating then hydrating toner) method which works wonder before I start using retinol. Now, I have to stop the exfoliating toner since the usage of retinol.

i've heard about water only method but still does not have the courage to do it. I live in a very polluted city and the water quality is bad. it actually makes sense since our body has its own ability to balance itself.

@Jack817

Yes, the toner does have other acids. i think Mandelic Acid is one of them. it's popular toner the Biologique Recherche P50. Really works wonder. Good to know that vinnegar alone especially diluted does not irritate the skin at all. Thanks for the info :)

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 11/22/2020 5:48 am

I just want to thank You @Sirius Leeand @Jack817for recommending Aquaphor as after care laser treatments! it works wonders and beyond my expectation.

I was treated with Resurfacing Laser Dermablate, an ER YAG Fractional Laser +TCA Cross (7% done 2 passes total +/- 15%) + mild peeling (i didn't ask the % but feels really light).

Condition of my skin is on this thread :

I skip the first night from using aquaphor allover since I still felt concern of clogging, only testedon the frosted part only to wake up in throbbing pain and slight swelling on the treated area. straight after i just applied Aquaphor and honestly i should have done this from the start! It works amazingly, not only no scabbing but also very mild peeling as i did not even see any peeled layers of skinand no clogging at all despite in first few days, i applied pretty thick. it stayed put, did not go over the unapplied area. it's very good in skipping 2 after treatment effect that could cause scarring ie. scabbing and uneven peeling. have i applied Aquaphor right after, i'd avoid the hyperpigmentation to a much lesser extenttoo.

Thank God for this forum, i came to know about Aquaphor. the derms i visited here know about it but still have not tried to recommend it to their patients. i think they have concern about clogging due to our humid weather or since it has no antibiotic properties, the wound could further beinfected. well i'd say science behind 'wet dressing' is proven and i'd come back to clinic with this good news for my derm. it costs much cheaper than the after-care ointmenthe prescribed as well. His ointment just dried up within hours #sic.

btw @Jack817, do you use specific white vinegar brand to wash your face? i heard Braggs is good (for consumption) but it's apple cider vinegar