Notifications
Clear all

phenol cross

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/19/2020 6:14 pm

Title says it. Its been 10 days since I r had phenol cross and onescar thatsomehow looks more pronouncedthan before. It looks deeper and wider.It has a weird shape so maybe its connected to another scar.

Anyone else has ever had similar experiences? I thought phenol was considered safe when it comes to widening scars.Will it fill in and minimize over time?

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 06/19/2020 11:13 pm

Do you have any before and after pictures? Was it done by yourself or at a doctors? I also thought it wasnt supposed to deepen/widen it and was looking forward to getting it done in the future

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/20/2020 12:26 am

6 hours ago, walkietalkie said:

Title says it. Its been 10 days since I r had phenol cross and onescar thatsomehow looks more pronouncedthan before. It looks deeper and wider.It has a weird shape so maybe its connected to another scar.

Anyone else has ever had similar experiences? I thought phenol was considered safe when it comes to widening scars.Will it fill in and minimize over time?

I also like to know who treated your scars. Rullan stated in his video that Phenol, unlike TCA, does not widen the scar so this comes across as a bit of a shocker.

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/20/2020 1:24 am

Its Rullan. I read in @swens post that some of her scars initially appeared deeper too, and she said that it was expected.

The scar now appears to be more crescent-shaped, which wasntbefore,and just stands out more to me.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/20/2020 1:31 am

3 minutes ago, walkietalkie said:

Its Rullan. I read in @swens post that some of her scars initially appeared deeper too, and she said that it was expected.

I have yet to use Phenol so I can't comment directly about it, but TCA tends to make scars wider (but shallower at the same time). Moreover, scars look worst for approximately 2 weeks before improving thereafter. So I suggest you give it another week or two.

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/20/2020 1:36 am

4 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

I have yet to use Phenol so I can't comment directly about it, but TCA tends to make scars wider (but shallower at the same time). Moreover, scars look worst for approximately 2 weeks before improving thereafter. So I suggest you give it another week or two.

Does phenol also self neutralizes on the skin? Is it possible that if my face was tilted at an angle the solution might have trickled down a teeny bit hen widening the scar?

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 06/20/2020 1:58 am

How many cross have you had?

I had my fourth cross with Rullan and I also feel like some of the boxcars and ice pick have gotten wider when it was about a week out. Now its been almost 3 weeks, I think its looking slightly better?

The skin takes time to heal. I think Ill evaluate again in 3 months.

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/20/2020 2:11 am

11 minutes ago, cautiouslyhopeful said:

I had my fourth cross with Rullan and I also feel like some of the boxcars and ice pick have gotten wider when it was about a week out. Now its been almost 3 weeks, I think its looking slightly better?

This is my first time.

Have you noticed the scarsgetting wider in your previous sessions? If so, did they eventually get better?

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 06/20/2020 10:45 am

8 hours ago, walkietalkie said:

This is my first time.

Have you noticed the scarsgetting wider in your previous sessions? If so, did they eventually get better?

Its been a while but Im going to say I dont think they got wider after my initial cross.

If you just had them done, wait at least a month or two to evaluate.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 06/21/2020 3:39 am

May I know what type of after care skincare do you guys use after the cross or peels? I think it'd make a huge difference too with the result since we're expecting a remodelling of the treatment inflammation. I'm thinking hydration alone might not be sufficient? but would skincare with extra ingredients such as EGF would cause unwanted growth or texture either?

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/21/2020 6:08 am

2 hours ago, poorbunny888 said:

May I know what type of after care skincare do you guys use after the cross or peels? I think it'd make a huge difference too with the result since we're expecting a remodelling of the treatment inflammation. I'm thinking hydration alone might not be sufficient? but would skincare with extra ingredients such as EGF would cause unwanted growth or texture either?

EGF in skincare products is a hoax. Itneeds be to stored as freeze-dried powder or in very low temperature to remain efficacious. Point is EGF doesn't remain effective for long when in every day skin care products. Even if it did somehow miraculously "survived", the molecules are too big topenetrate through your skin barrier, which is why people like to use it in conjunction with microneedling, which manually creates some kind of "channels" into the skin for EGF molecules to be delivered.

I used Aquaphor and some very simple moisturizerfor the first several days. Your skin will be sensitive and vulnerable post treatment, so best to keep it simple and let your skin heal. Later on when your skin is healed and strong enough, you couldadd peptides, vc, va and other ingredientsvaunted to be capable of stimulating collagen production to your skincare routine.

MemberMember
(@poorbunny888)

Posted : 06/24/2020 9:05 am

@walkietalkie

thanks so much for the info. i agree , keep it simple after a procedure especially i do have sensitive skin.

i think i won't go with TCA Cross after some digging in the forum. I think my scars are still too shallow for TCA Cross and could try other resurfacing methods first. in addition many of my scars formed by scabs (though i never pick on them) that always leave indentation behind. i'm not confident if the scabs after TCA Cross won't leave worsened scars then on my type of skin.

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/24/2020 6:11 pm

9 hours ago, poorbunny888 said:

@walkietalkie

thanks so much for the info. i agree , keep it simple after a procedure especially i do have sensitive skin.

i think i won't go with TCA Cross after some digging in the forum. I think my scars are still too shallow for TCA Cross and could try other resurfacing methods first. in addition many of my scars formed by scabs (though i never pick on them) that always leave indentation behind. i'm not confident if the scabs after TCA Cross won't leave worsened scars then on my type of skin.

I agree. If your scars are shallow and you are not comfortable with TCA CROSS, try other resurfacing methods first.

Although indentations followingacne and consequent scabs might just be from acne and its inflammation destroying the collagen and other tissues, and the scabs are just some innocuous byproduct of your acne, not the cause of your scars.

I have very shallow scars myself, soI'll let you know how they respond to phenol cross in a few months in case you're still open to cross.

MemberMember
(@wishnoscar777)

Posted : 09/04/2020 6:14 pm

I have the same feeling as you! It has been three weeks since my first subcision and phenol cross and I notice that a few scars become more visible and more stand out to me. Especially the edge of the scar, some of them swell up so the skin looks more uneven now.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 09/05/2020 7:49 pm

On 6/19/2020 at 4:14 PM, walkietalkie said:

The color really affects how deep you think the scar is. The redness always makes scars look deeper. It will get better. You need to give it another week or two before you judge the treatment. It takes some time. I've had Phenol Cross done three times.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:26 PM, Sirius Lee said:

I also like to know who treated your scars. Rullan stated in his video that Phenol, unlike TCA, does not widen the scar so this comes across as a bit of a shocker.

Phenol can widen/deepen scars. I had some shallow boxcar scars without definitive borders and those got deeper.

With that being said, I still believe Phenol Cross is better than TCA Cross despite not being able to prove it. I can only base this off other people's accounts. I only had TCA Cross done once and, while that one scar didn't get better or worse, it's not enough times for me to comment on its success and risks.

I do believe Dr. Rullan when he says Phenol Cross is safer. However, I wouldn't say it's 100% safe in that there's no chance it does not widen/deepen scars.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:36 PM, walkietalkie said:

Does phenol also self neutralizes on the skin? Is it possible that if my face was tilted at an angle the solution might have trickled down a teeny bit hen widening the scar?

It's weird because during my first two Phenol Cross treatments, Dr. Rullan left the acid on. For my third visit, the assistant dabbed the area where I got Phenol Cross as to soak it up or something. I have no idea why they did things differently.

I haven't noticed any trickling down of the acid.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:58 PM, cautiouslyhopeful said:

I think it's best to evaluate after several months. I used to think it would take 3-4 weeks but that's too short in my opinion. Don't believe everything you read online about collagen being built after only a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@xanger1)

Posted : 10/22/2020 11:25 pm

On 6/19/2020 at 7:14 PM, walkietalkie said:

Any update on the scars? I had Tca not phenol and my scars look worse. 3 weeks post op

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 10/24/2020 7:11 am

On 10/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, Xanger1 said:

Any update on the scars? I had Tca not phenol and my scars look worse. 3 weeks post op

I would say at the least my scars havent had any noticeable improvementsfrom the CROSS. Maybe a bit widening/deepening but its hard to say for sure. Kinda bummed out by the outcome

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 11/04/2020 7:21 pm

Post updated

facial liked