Notifications
Clear all

Noisy stomach after accutane

MemberMember
(@rondaugerngmail-com)

Posted : 06/15/2020 3:13 pm

Hello,

does anyone here have problem with noissy stomach after Accutane or maybe help what could be the cause of it? I finished my therapy in January, it all started in December. My stomach is rumbling and moving especially in the morning, after meals and before sleep. I am going to the toilet 2-3 times a day, the stools are rather liquid but this is not a typicall diarhea, I also don't have any stomach pain or other things. I will take the examination for parasites in this week, my doctor suggest me colonoscopy and gastroscopy. I would be grateful if there will be anyone with similar problems after Accutane.

MemberMember
(@penthotal11111)

Posted : 06/16/2020 4:38 am

Well accutane is well known to cause stomach problems, as you probably already know. Having said that, it is not certain that accutane is the cause of your problems....

the doctor will help you better than random people in internet.

to answer your question: YES, I think accutane (like all antibiotics) gave me stomach problems (similar of what you described).

good luck.

MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 06/16/2020 8:05 am

Yes, I had this problem too, it went away after a few months of stopping treatment.

16 hours ago, daugern said:

Hello,

does anyone here have problem with noissy stomach after Accutane or maybe help what could be the cause of it? I finished my therapy in January, it all started in December. My stomach is rumbling and moving especially in the morning, after meals and before sleep. I am going to the toilet 2-3 times a day, the stools are rather liquid but this is not a typicall diarhea, I also don't have any stomach pain or other things. I will take the examination for parasites in this week, my doctor suggest me colonoscopy and gastroscopy. I would be grateful if there will be anyone with similar problems after Accutane.

MemberMember
(@rondaugerngmail-com)

Posted : 06/23/2020 2:24 am

On 6/16/2020 at 3:05 PM, Owen2000 said:

Yes, I had this problem too, it went away after a few months of stopping treatment.

How long did you wait to normalize? More like 6 or 9 months?

MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 06/23/2020 8:52 am

6 hours ago, daugern said:

How long did you wait to normalize? More like 6 or 9 months?

I can't put an exact time frame on it but it did not last longer than a few months. & the same stomach problems you're saying I had the exact same too, even went the doctors and got tested for IBD, but it was fine.

daugern liked
MemberMember
(@rondaugerngmail-com)

Posted : 06/23/2020 2:27 pm

Thank you very much. Hope it will be the same - I already arranged colonoscopy and gastroscopy.

Did you take something like probiotics, milk thistle or whatever?

MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 06/23/2020 3:25 pm

57 minutes ago, daugern said:

Thank you very much. Hope it will be the same - I already arranged colonoscopy and gastroscopy.

Did you take something like probiotics, milk thistle or whatever?

Nope. I took nothing, just went back to normal itself. The only long-term problem I have from this drug is hair loss and receding hairline, almost like MPB - but nobody in my family has MPB.

daugern liked
MemberMember
(@rondaugerngmail-com)

Posted : 06/24/2020 4:21 am

Thanks! It is still better than digestive problems. Hope it will be good with run of time.