Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo lost efficiency

MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 06/08/2020 10:21 am

Could I please get responses even if Epiduo still is working for you, please let me know!

I was on Epiduo from April 2019 to February 2020. From August 2019, my skin was as clear as anything - I had the clearest skin with not a single spot that you wouldnt have thought I had ever had acne.

That continued up until February, when I kind of stepped down from Epiduo but was still using Benzoyl Peroxide, thats when I flared up again.

So went on Duac 5% for 11 weeks, it helped, but did not stop me from breaking out.

Ive now been back on Epiduo for 6 weeks, and Im still breaking out.

Really frustrating how something that has no bacterial resistance can stop working.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/20/2020 10:39 am

Yeah that is strange. If it was working, why did it stop?

A few things to consider:

1. Irritation - Are you somehow physically irritating your skin? Or did you get a sunburn about 2 weeks ago?
  2. Other products - Did you introduce a new product, like a sunscreen perhaps? They can break people out.
  3. Not using enough - Are you using less than you used to?
MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 08/23/2020 9:42 am

On 8/20/2020 at 4:39 PM, Dan said:

Yeah that is strange. If it was working, why did it stop?

A few things to consider:

1. Irritation - Are you somehow physically irritating your skin? Or did you get a sunburn about 2 weeks ago?
  2. Other products - Did you introduce a new product, like a sunscreen perhaps? They can break people out.
  3. Not using enough - Are you using less than you used to?

It may be linked to number 3, but I have been told by countless number of dermatologists that using more than the recommended amount e.g pea sized amount, won't speed up results or make it be any better? Is this true?

I used to always use a full pump of epiduo to each area of my face.