Notifications
Clear all

Best course of action for texture?

MemberMember
(@mp28)

Posted : 06/08/2020 7:52 am

While I realize I have some pitted scarring I feel that the overall texture bothers me more so. Is it necessary to continue getting subcision and phenol cross if I™m more concerned about the overall texture? Should I do more lasers/does it matter if I treat the texture  before the pits are more level?

34E40B81-CB3B-4349-886F-47382B8BD6F5.jpeg

C98391EA-4119-4973-B393-EC232360F29B.jpeg

9C0893D7-C2D0-446D-90EB-56FF37A86CD3.jpeg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/08/2020 8:12 am

The photos are a bit from afar but from what I can see you don't have many textural issues. Textural issues are brown spots, sun damage, fine lines, veeery veeery superficial scarring (the type that look like an irregularity rather than a scar). Many don't know how texture is defined and thinkthat their skin looks bad because of bad texture when in reality it's the pitted scarring and some minor acne blemishes that gives this effect. Or if you still have some problems with acne (skin not clear enough). Look up the definition of textural issues. In my opinion you need to address the pitted scars and then your skin will improve. If those pitted scars are relatively new ( under 6 months) and you are under 40 still building collagen well enough you can also wait a bit. Often times the pits fill by themselves to some extent and the skin looks much better in 6 months due to the self repair mechanisms of the skin. Hope this helps.

Also beware that responsible doctors dont do any type of lasers for scars unless you've been completely (!) acne free for at least a year. Otherwise the risk of reactivating the acne and inflicting more scars is big.

You seem to have some minor acne issues if I see right.(over the eyebrows?)

Maybe that makes your texturw bad.

To improve the texture safely you can try peels - lactic, glycolic, TCA 12,5% every 6-8 weeks or Retinol-based gels/creams every night. Or you could do some more aggressive peels like Jessner peel, Green peel at a derm's office. You can also try PRP or mesotherapy. Their effect is only temporary, though. If you still have acne issues you can do the Regenelite Laser(which is for acne) - it clears the skin wonderfully. I can swear by that.

MemberMember
(@mp28)

Posted : 06/08/2020 12:55 pm

4 hours ago, MihaelaP said:

The photos are a bit from afar but from what I can see you don't have many textural issues. Textural issues are brown spots, sun damage, fine lines, veeery veeery superficial scarring (the type that look like an irregularity rather than a scar). Many don't know how texture is defined and think that their skin looks bad because of bad texture when in reality it's the pitted scarring and some minor acne blemishes that gives this effect. Or if you still have some problems with acne (skin not clear enough). Look up the definition of textural issues. In my opinion you need to address the pitted scars and then your skin will improve. If those pitted scars are relatively new ( under 6 months) and you are under 40 still building collagen well enough you can also wait a bit. Often times the pits fill by themselves to some extent and the skin looks much better in 6 months due to the self repair mechanisms of the skin. Hope this helps. 

Also beware that responsible doctors dont do any type of lasers for scars unless you've been completely (!) acne free for at least a year. Otherwise the risk of reactivating the acne and inflicting more scars is big.

You seem to have some minor acne issues if I see right. (over the eyebrows?)

Maybe that makes your texturw bad.

To improve the texture safely you can try peels - lactic, glycolic, TCA 12,5% every 6-8 weeks or Retinol-based gels/creams every night. Or you could do some more aggressive peels like Jessner peel, Green peel at a derm's office. You can also try PRP or mesotherapy. Their effect is only temporary, though. If you still have acne issues you can do the Regenelite Laser(which is for acne) - it clears the skin wonderfully. I can swear by that. 

Thanks for the tips! So what are you suggesting I do? And I assume you know the area I™m talking about when I say texture. I could definitely see what you are saying about improving the pitted scarring to improve this. I have gotten one session with Dr. Rullan, I™m. It sure if he is taking patients personally, but it sounds like his treatments are my best option? I tried to draw an error pointing to what I thought was texture that bothered me.

7D8D7FC5-7C9D-4BEC-8581-42E0B3F14E94.jpeg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/08/2020 2:54 pm

I'm not sure if the area you point to is a textural issue. It looks either like a scarred area or a cluster of closed comedones. I'm not sure. Maybe if you take a photo in daylight it can be clearer.

Oh, you are seeing Dr Rullan for the scars, then you must be in good hands, I haven't read anything but good reviews about him. If I were you I would email him or his assistant and ask what he recommends for textural improvement.

All I recommended above for texture has worked for me. I haven't done only the Jessner and the Green peel. At the moment I'm very happy with the combo Retin A gel at night and TCA 12,5% DIY peel every 2 months or so at home ( bought it at Make Up Artists Choice). And in case you have occasional breakouts I can't recommend the Regenelite Laser enough, it is really a game changer. For all other ablative lasers you may want to try, you really need to be 100% acne and infection frer for a year, otherwise it can backfire causing more skin damage according to my derm.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/08/2020 3:45 pm

I can tell you outright that forehead and temples arethe hardest treat. Theyhave the thinnest skin layer on the face and the thinner it is the harder it is to treat. Many posters have already expressed this same sentiment after receiving various treatments. Nevertheless, I can tell you from my own experience that TCA is the most effective treatment. I've never had Phenol but I imagine it is equally effective. However, you will need mult-ple treatments. TCA is a relatively simple procedure that can be done at home, if you choose. For you scar, I would suggest 80-100% for the deepest pits and 50% for the shallower ones. Again, this is the hardest area to treat so don't expect a miracle. You will also need to treat multiple times, spaced out to every 3 months, and it could take up to 2 years to see any change.

MemberMember
(@mp28)

Posted : 06/08/2020 8:03 pm

5 hours ago, MihaelaP said:

I'm not sure if the area you point to is a textural issue. It looks either like a scarred area or a cluster of closed comedones. I'm not sure. Maybe if you take a photo in daylight it can be clearer.

Oh, you are seeing Dr Rullan for the scars, then you must be in good hands, I haven't read anything but good reviews about him. If I were you I would email him or his assistant and ask what he recommends for textural improvement.

All I recommended above for texture has worked for me. I haven't done only the Jessner and the Green peel. At the moment I'm very happy with the combo Retin A gel at night and TCA 12,5% DIY peel every 2 months or so at home ( bought it at Make Up Artists Choice). And in case you have occasional breakouts I can't recommend the Regenelite Laser enough, it is really a game changer. For all other ablative lasers you may want to try, you really need to be 100% acne and infection frer for a year, otherwise it can backfire causing more skin damage according to my derm.

To be honest these are pictures taken in bad lightingso Im always going back and forth between feeling like I have barely any scarring and other times feeling really uncomfortable in my skin. Ill try to get a photo in daylight soon, there is times that bothers me with sunlight but its really overhead lighting that bothers me. A couple years ago I got a few micro needles, one of which didnt heal well and I think that may be what that scarring that looks a little like texture is

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/08/2020 11:23 pm

Yes, I really struggle to see any textural issues here - maybe a small pimple here and here, a closed comedon. It seems the areas of pitted scars give the impression of bad texture. Overall your scars are not so bad at all. I wouldn't bother so much cause obsessing about it can make things worse.

I'd say shoot some clearer photos from different angles, send them to Rullan, circle the area you think it's texture and listen to his advice. He's the expert. I and other forum members here are not, we can only share what's worked for us.

Good luck.