Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Genius RF

Hi, 

I know this technology is relatively new but wanted to ask here on the board if anyone has experience with it (good or bad)? I'm trying to improve my scars. So far I've tried 2 subcisions one without and one with HA fillers, but I'm not happy with the results and would like to try something new. Genius RF seems promising at first glance...

Edited by Guest

I’ve had all 3 and while I really think Genius is great, in my opinion subcision and filler does the heavy lifting. I’ve done genius for all of my scarred areas, but only the areas where I had multiple (at least 4) subcisions have I had the best improvement. The areas I’ve had only 2 subcisions, the scars are still noticeable. Pictures are needed to make a better suggestion though. I plan to get upwards of 8 subcision total.

Edited by hlp334

2 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

Hi, 

I know this technology is relatively new but wanted to ask here on the board if anyone has experience with it (good or bad)? I'm trying to improve my scars. So far I've tried 2 subcisions one without and one with HA fillers, but I'm not happy with the results and would like to try something new. Genius RF seems promising at first glance...

It depends on the scar. If your scars are mild to medium, skip subcision. It won't help. I've seen many ppl unsatisfied with subcision and it's no wonder, their scars are too mild. Only scars that should be subcised are tethered scars, which are usually those deep scars that are anchored down to the fat layer. Mild scars are better off with RF like Genius, but from what I've personally seen, it's not very effective. I had 3 Infini done over a span of year and the result (maybe 30%) is pretty dismal in comparison to the TCA treatments (over 50%) done in the same length of time. My verdict is that these conventional treatments, other than chemical peels, are merely waste of money.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:54 PM, hlp334 said:

I’ve had all 3 and while I really think Genius is great, in my opinion subcision and filler does the heavy lifting. I’ve done genius for all of my scarred areas, but only the areas where I had multiple (at least 4) subcisions have I had the best improvement. The areas I’ve had only 2 subcisions, the scars are still noticeable. Pictures are needed to make a better suggestion though. I plan to get upwards of 8 subcision total.

Thanks.I was thinking maybe I could try Genius for the pits and maybe ot could help with my hypopigmentation issues as well. 

I'm really glad you're seeing improvement.

Edited by Guest

Anyone else that's done Genius or Infini or just wants to share their thoughts on this treatment? :)

I still can't understand the science of it maybe that's why I'm skeptic. I didn't like the recommendation from the start. My cheeks are pretty much covered in boxcar and ice pick scars. I did a treatment of subscision and RF. The RF was pretty painful, and as expected I noticed perfectly lined holes in my face healing in the first week. However It seems my texture is a little less smooth now. I'm going for a second subscision but I opted out RF to give my skin more time to do it's thing.

Edited by Antique84

14 hours ago, Antique84 said:

I still can't understand the science of it maybe that's why I'm skeptic. I didn't like the recommendation from the start. My cheeks are pretty much covered in boxcar and ice pick scars. I did a treatment of subscision and RF. The RF was pretty painful, and as expected I noticed perfectly lined holes in my face healing in the first week. However It seems my texture is a little less smooth now. I'm going for a second subscision but I opted out RF to give my skin more time to do it's thing.

lined holes...do you mean grid marks? how much time did it take to get rid of those? you still have them or just in the first week? that's what I'm afraid of to be honest. Some say grid marks persist for months after. 

On 6/4/2020 at 8:54 PM, hlp334 said:

Edited by Guest

I'm dark skin, almond skin tone and yes I meant to say grid marks. I actually didn't see them until the 2 or 3rd day. They last about a week but were VERY tiny. I didn't mind as I really don't go anywhere and even when I had to go back to work I wore a mask anyway.