Notifications
Clear all

Disastrous Before & After Acne Scar Treatment

MemberMember
(@lover)

Posted : 06/02/2020 8:12 pm

This is a massive vent for me but if this helps anyone feel better about their life then I would feel less terrible because maybe my misery would serve some higher purpose. I had three micro needling and RF sessions at a clinic in Richmond, British Columbia. Now I have more scars than before because the doctor said to proceed even though it was causing breakouts. I would do almost anything things to get my original face back. Just know, this person had excellent reviews. I wish I had used that money for personal growth so I could be happy with what I had. Consider the risks before setting out on the scar revision journey. It might not be worth the risk.

I could use some validation that the doctor messed up (I'm beating myself up for this as it is in my nature). If you care to share any advice on how to treat the new scars would be welcome as well. 

My face also changed shape. Could that be from stress of the last year???

Before - March 2019 - side right.jpg.jpg

After - Jan 2020 - side right.jpg

Before - March 2019 - profile right.jpg.jpg

After - Jan 2020 - profile right.jpg

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 06/03/2020 12:51 pm

Can we assume the top picture is a before picture? For most of us your scars would be considered minimal. You are good looking so almost everyone would ignore what seems to be so terrible to you. That is coming from a guys perspective. I lived with a girl who I still call the sexiest girl I ever met even though I saw more beautiful women who had perfect skin. She also had very minimal scars like you. I know what would satisfy you, but what I suggest has become frowned upon by most on this forum. Just look at the treatments I have had at the bottom of this post, and pay attention to the treatment level.

Lover liked
MemberMember
(@lover)

Posted : 06/03/2020 1:32 pm

Thank you for saying that - somehow it does bring me some solace. So you're suggesting fraxel repair? That's a laser, correct? Unfortunately,I feel like I have PTSD from the invasive treatments I already had.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/03/2020 1:39 pm

No laser needed IMO. Your scars are so mild, you could practically get by with fillers alone.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 06/03/2020 7:45 pm

6 hours ago, Lover said:

Thank you for saying that - somehow it does bring me some solace. So you're suggesting fraxel repair? That's a laser, correct? Unfortunately,I feel like I have PTSD from the invasive treatments I already had.

Re:pair if done at the proper settings is pretty serious stuff. I will be attacked for suggesting it. There is much anti laser bias on this forum, and most of them know nothing about lasers. I cannot speak to the efficacy of other treatments so I remain quiet about them. I only know that Fraxel Repair is the only thing that worked for me. The big question for me is if your scars require such a serious treatment. A neighbor of mine has much worse scarring that you, but he is so dynamic that people don't even think about them. You are good looking and yours are so minimal that may be the same case for you. I don't mean to brush off what is a very serious issue for you. I have been around since 2008, the vast majority of people have a more serious problem I would suggest you first try some of the other treatments suggested here, and if you are not satisfied then come talk to me. You have already tried two of the most recommended treatments that are suggested on this forum. There are still others to try before looking at the laser. Here are a couple of threads that tell what some people have done. in the first thread Total or Deep Fx are mentioned - this is similar to Fraxel Repair, but actually Deep FX is most like Repair. The last link is an amazing inspirational story about the Berns Triplets.

Now what I call the most famous case ever on this site. Ernesto's improvement has been great. I wanted you to see this thread if you get down and feel that it is hopeless, because a lot of us reach that point.

https://www.today.com/health/berns-triplets-scarred-fire-healing-inspiring-preparing-wedding-t40831

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 06/03/2020 9:29 pm

Have you tried subcision? Its possible that the RF microneedlingmade the tethering worse if you didnt do subcision before. Stress can cause face shape change if youre tightening your jaw muscle more.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 06/04/2020 1:00 am

I'd suggest to lay off scar treatments for now and work a skincare routine for blemishes, foods that may be triggering blemishes. I think your skin looked too good before to do a RF microneedling procedure. Even the second picture I'd stay clear of energy devices like Infini. AHA creams can help lighten the hyperpigmentation. Can also look into CROSS for the few boxcars you have after clearing the acne up. Also, don't do Fraxel repair even if it's offered for free lol. Heard more bad stories then good.

MemberMember
(@kingsol1)

Posted : 06/04/2020 7:32 pm

18 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

I'd suggest to lay off scar treatments for now and work a skincare routine for blemishes, foods that may be triggering blemishes. I think your skin looked too good before to do a RF microneedling procedure. Even the second picture I'd stay clear of energy devices like Infini. AHA creams can help lighten the hyperpigmentation. Can also look into CROSS for the few boxcars you have after clearing the acne up. Also, don't do Fraxel repair even if it's offered for free lol. Heard more bad stories then good.

I agree with dodgerguy, and I would suggest finding some stress relievers like meditation or a fun exercise. You are beautiful and will overcome! blessings!

MemberMember
(@walkietalkie)

Posted : 06/05/2020 2:08 am

I actually can't see any additional scars other than the redness possibly from your recent breakout

Regarding changes to your face shape - your head/chin was placed at a different and more tilted angle in the before photos. That could be the reason?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 06/10/2020 10:30 pm

There really isn't much change that I could detect. Honestly, I was looking hard.