Notifications
Clear all

Indented scars appearing post laser

MemberMember
(@jeffreyhuynhhotmail-co-uk)

Posted : 06/02/2020 6:50 am

Within the past month, I've experienced indentedscarring (boxcar and rolling) appearing all over my face after severalfractionallaser treatments. It's been 2 months since my last session and I had a total of 2 sessions. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm really hoping they don't get much worse but I feel like they are getting deeper by the day. My anxiety is going through the roof... I feel like my life is on hold as it's completelyout of mycontrol.

Am I right in thinking subcision + fillers can treat this? Is there any evidence that newer scars can yield better results?

Hoping someone can help me with some advice.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/02/2020 8:25 am

Do you have before after photos ?

Did u contact your doctor , what did he tell you ?

What type of laser was used and settings ?

MemberMember
(@jeffreyhuynhhotmail-co-uk)

Posted : 06/02/2020 9:34 am

It was a non-ablative fractional laser at 1100-something wavelength. 

I don't have before photos but there was minimal shallow indented scarring on forehead and cheeks that has been made a lot worse after these treatments.

See photos attached. I didn't realise the extent of my forehead scarring until I took this photo in really harsh light. Pretty horrified about it... The scars appeared last month and have gradually been getting worse.

I've got a consultation this Thursday to discuss (hopefully subcision + filler).

Can anyone help assist or make me feel more at ease? haha

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 15.29.58.png

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 15.30.07.png

Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 15.30.24.png

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/02/2020 11:41 am

Well , its hard to judge without before photos, your doctor should have before photos .

I would have never guiessed non ablative laser can do something like that, it must have been very agressive treatment .

Have u told your doctor ? What he said about it ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/02/2020 2:00 pm

Post this on realself.com and get the opinion of a PS or derm. This seems uncommon unless you got an infection post laser or it overheated your fat layer. Could it be partially in your head? People tend to forget what their scars looked like before laser and when the swelling goes they panic and thinks it's worse than before.

Better suited to TCA paint, sub and filler.