Notifications
Clear all

My Journey with Dr. Weiner

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08gmail-com)

Posted : 05/20/2020 10:15 pm

My visit with dr weiner is coming up and I am seriously stoked! Due to COVID, it had to be pushed back multiple times. 

The œplan, which could change once he sees me in person, is TCA cross, subscision, and filler, and genius. 

Wish me luck!

05BED08F-4525-4503-BDC7-D2C948DAF4EF.png

FD00BB8E-2A8E-486D-B473-03BC62582103.png

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 05/20/2020 10:25 pm

Wishing you the best! Hope you can provide updates post procedure!

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 05/21/2020 2:37 am

Good luck with your first treatment. Seems a bit much all at once your first time. I'd talk to him if whatever laser he wants to use is necessary, since this will be your first time getting subcision and CROSS.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/21/2020 7:12 am

4 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

Good luck with your first treatment. Seems a bit much all at once your first time. I'd talk to him if whatever laser he wants to use is necessary, since this will be your first time getting subcision and CROSS.

I™m not sure if he™s doing it all at once or if that™s just the plan for the entire treatment! He expected a few visits from me. He said 3.  I™ll have to see what his plans are once we speak in person :) 

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/21/2020 7:24 am

I thought Dr Weiner was big advocate of Microneedling RF not lasers 🙂

MemberMember

Posted : 05/21/2020 7:59 am

34 minutes ago, Miro said:

I thought Dr Weiner was big advocate of Microneedling RF not lasers 🙂

I totally realized after I posted that it was definitely micro needling and not laser. I meant to edit that

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/21/2020 8:24 am

24 minutes ago, Kristineellen said:

I totally realized after I posted that it was definitely micro needling and not laser. I meant to edit that

Keep us updated, i wonder how it goes, Dr. Weiner wrote online that Genius RF is far superior to acne scars then any laser.

Best of luck to you

MemberMember

Posted : 05/21/2020 8:55 am

30 minutes ago, Miro said:

Keep us updated, i wonder how it goes, Dr. Weiner wrote online that Genius RF is far superior to acne scars then any laser.

Best of luck to you

Im so hopeful. Im so scared to get my hopes up! But he seems to be the right person to visit.

Ill be spendingmy afternoon there. Willupdate tonight.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/21/2020 12:39 pm

well I am all done!

he said that my pictures actually made it look worse than it really is and that I will only need ONE subcision, which is awesome. 

Next time I will only need TCA cross and the Genius. 

The genius made me sweat something fierce. Woofff. 

Anyway, they were all lovely. 

PS they are not using bellafil anymore with covid going around. They said it can cause an immune response so not in the works for the next few years! 

Oh and here are pictures from literally right after. 

98A3AAB8-FA11-4636-9107-A13EEC19BF87.jpeg

39BCD4D8-5DCC-49AF-B3CB-10D781B89417.jpeg

MemberMember

Posted : 05/21/2020 4:20 pm

Home now. Redness has gone down. Slight bruising. Definitely dry feeling... a bad sunburn. I™m relatively swollen. Looking like a chipmunk in the cheeks. All expected. 

no sense in doing scars with harsh lighting as I™m still swollen and my skin looks insanely good due to it. Will continue to update. 

8723EA62-F87E-4D1C-9453-094A7556E24C.jpeg

BC70909D-A233-4614-A9E5-D9EC58B9AB13.jpeg

3FC3D450-3F3D-4282-8144-88EBC50EB108.jpeg

7FC40395-FACC-4BD6-98E5-2BD2E3555B6C.jpeg

46BCDD88-9EF0-47CD-BDE9-47E7EFA9175E.jpeg

DF2EA46A-0B95-4646-8BC8-F31570608D73.jpeg

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 05/21/2020 11:26 pm

This looks like excellent progress so far! Like you said, because both subcision and microneedling cause swelling, we cant really tell the true results foranother week or so.

Also, what kind of filler did you get for the subcision, and did Dr. Weiner tell you how permanent those results would be? Im still not entirely sure how permanent subcision with filler is after thefiller is gone.

I have similar scaring, soI would love to see what Dr. Weiner is able to do for you! Best of luck

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/22/2020 3:14 am

My experience is wait 3 months then you ll see if it works or not.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 05/22/2020 7:06 am

7 hours ago, squeezeMcQueen said:

This looks like excellent progress so far! Like you said, because both subcision and microneedling cause swelling, we cant really tell the true results foranother week or so.

Also, what kind of filler did you get for the subcision, and did Dr. Weiner tell you how permanent those results would be? Im still not entirely sure how permanent subcision with filler is after thefiller is gone.

I have similar scaring, soI would love to see what Dr. Weiner is able to do for you! Best of luck

So it was kind of hard to talk to him since I had to wear a mouthpiece due to covid. But my (very limited) understanding is that the filler is temporary and between subcision and the Microneedling, it encourages the body to produce collagen itself, eliminating the need for it in the future? I could be entirely wrong as Ive seen conflicting info.

he did say I would only need the filler once and subcision once based on what he felt while he was under my skin. He also did an ultrasound of my skin to check the depths to get the right settings for the genius.

3 hours ago, Miro said:

My experience is wait 3 months then you ll see if it works or not.

Dang thats a long time lol!

MemberMember

Posted : 05/22/2020 7:26 am

Just as an update..  

no real change this AM. Still swollen. Still red. A bit more bruised on my cheeks. Very dry. Hanging in there though! So hopeful 

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/22/2020 7:33 am

5 minutes ago, Kristineellen said:

Just as an update..  

no real change this AM. Still swollen. Still red. A bit more bruised on my cheeks. Very dry. Hanging in there though! So hopeful 

Dont panic, from my experience , 7 days till complet healing, second week my skin looked very good cause of swelling, then up to 6 weeks it looked worse - I mean scars, then it started to look better , just be patient and wait 10-12 weeks to see final results. Collagen and elastin needs time to rebuild.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 05/22/2020 8:45 am

1 hour ago, Miro said:

Dont panic, from my experience , 7 days till complet healing, second week my skin looked very good cause of swelling, then up to 6 weeks it looked worse - I mean scars, then it started to look better , just be patient and wait 10-12 weeks to see final results. Collagen and elastin needs time to rebuild.

How much of an improvement did you see with one round?

The original pictures I posted here are the ones I sent to him so apparently it looks worse than it is. Although to me, it cant get worse lol! I was shocked he wasnt planning on doing another round of subcision. Im hoping that means he thinks Ill have good results from just this one?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/22/2020 10:27 am

Look just be cool, give it a time, and in 3 months you ll see what what are the results, face lift is real with this, it makes your skin better looking , for scars i dont know, everyone is different, just dont panic, its just 24 hours 🙂

MemberMember

Posted : 05/22/2020 1:23 pm

They™re calling me in some topical antibiotics. I™ve had little flat white spots form. they said probably from my oil glands getting overstimulated. 

67BEBB35-A2C6-4BA6-A121-91970E277E7D.jpeg

MemberMember

Posted : 05/22/2020 9:06 pm

Not sure if anyone is truly following but I™m still posting lol! 

Sandy called me some clindamycin in. The whiteheads have multipled and there are a lot of them. I™m also extremely, extremely oily (As you can see in the picture) which would make sense with the whiteheads. 

They did recommend a product to me for post care and I am going to stop Using it for now and use my typical moisturizer as I™m worried the new stuff is not helping the whitehead situation. I don™t get breakouts anymore (just a random pimple now and then) so to get this Many whiteheads is abnormal. 

still swollen a bit as you can see. I™m going to sleep with my head inclined like they suggested again to see if that helps! Otherwise I™m just sore from the subcision and itchy. 

pS don™t laugh at my pictures haha! Never realized how asymmetrical  my face was until I started taking these. 

8AF03041-21F0-46D6-A499-B40893E1579F.jpeg

F96EC840-BD59-45EC-A538-066466302EC0.jpeg

C4827007-9F64-413E-BABF-9006BEED26BA.jpeg

Dodgerguy liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/23/2020 1:39 am

18 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

So it was kind of hard to talk to him since I had to wear a mouthpiece due to covid. But my (very limited) understanding is that the filler is temporary and between subcision and the Microneedling, it encourages the body to produce collagen itself, eliminating the need for it in the future? I could be entirely wrong as Ive seen conflicting info.

he did say I would only need the filler once and subcision once based on what he felt while he was under my skin. He also did an ultrasound of my skin to check the depths to get the right settings for the genius.

Filler is basically used as a spacer to prevent the scar from reattaching. As you might know, subcision is used to break up the tethered scars. Unfortunately, in many instances, they often get attached again. Filler also encourages collagen production. Depending on the filler, some can last over a year.

BTW I don't want to dash any hope but it's far too early to make the call on how your treatment went. You should wait at least 3 months to make that assessment.

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 05/23/2020 3:10 am

I'm following. Thanks for updating!!!

Like @Sirius Leesaid, you should wait quite a while until assessing your treatment success.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/23/2020 7:44 am

6 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Filler is basically used as a spacer to prevent the scar from reattaching. As you might know, subcision is used to break up the tethered scars. Unfortunately, in many instances, they often get attached again. Filler also encourages collagen production. Depending on the filler, some can last over a year.

BTW I don't want to dash any hope but it's far too early to make the call on how your treatment went. You should wait at least 3 months to make that assessment. 

Oh I know it™s too early. I™m way too swollen and there™s no time for the body to even heal this soon! 

just tracking pictures of my healing :) 

4 hours ago, SaraTheGerman said:

I'm following. Thanks for updating!!!

Like @Sirius Lee said, you should wait quite a while until assessing your treatment success.

Yes I know! The body takes some time to heal :) I™m just tracking my post procedure reactions for now. 

MemberMember
(@mfishler1gmail-com)

Posted : 05/23/2020 10:48 am

9 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

So even after the filler dries up, the scar will reattach? Will it be more raised than before?

MemberMember

Posted : 05/23/2020 3:18 pm

4 hours ago, squeezeMcQueen said:

So even after the filler dries up, the scar will reattach? Will it be more raised than before?

I™ve been following a lot of people and I honestly think it depends on the person and how skilled the doc is. That™s just my personal opinion. 

All skin reacts differently 

48 hours post procedure. 

less soreness. Some swelling. Still red but I have sensitive skin so I expect that to last longer for me. White spots have spread. They™re not raised like whiteheads. They™re like flat? I™m using the clindamycin gel twice a day now. 

817AA462-F743-485A-8313-A2B5230852D5.jpeg

432D3AE6-B120-4131-9D25-A3738EBC5667.jpeg

413D6435-7DE8-42CC-AA00-CD6E32633369.jpeg

7E7840C5-FFAF-4C34-BAB8-6C213BC63FCB.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 05/23/2020 3:45 pm

please keep us updated I am following this thread.