Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hawk04

Non-Pitted Scarring

Hey Guys, I have been looking at these posts for a few months now and have never really found a solution to my type of scarring. I am 20 and have had off and on mild/moderate acne for about 7 years. Fortunately I don't have any pitted scars but I have some small-medium brown spots along my cheek bones and a few on my shoulder blades that have been there ranging from 7 months-2 years (and I don't the 2 year old ones are going to get any better). They're not that bad inside but outside in sunlight they're definately very noticable. I have been using Mederma directly on the scars for 3 weeks now and it is just making me break out more. Since they aren't pitted and are just brown marks what should I use? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should try some glycolic peels (you do them at home) - check out the other threads as there's loads of info on this site about it.

I've been using 2 products for the past 24 hours since I posted my first topic on here, and these have literally worked overnight! Everyone's different, but this may work for you. At Walmart I bought this cream called PORCELANA Skin Discoloration Fade Cream. The active ingredient is Hydroquinone, which I've seen on this site somewhere. A little goes a long way, and my scars are seriously less noticeable. Another one I got was from www.drugstore.com called FOUGERA Vitamin A & Vitamin D Ointment/Emollient. I bought this a while back for a scratch on my arm, and the scar wouldn't go away. After a few days of application the scar on my arm just flaked off, like peeling after a sunburn. So, last night I put some on my scars, and believe me, I've got pits, scarring, ugh...the worst, and this stuff worked. I woke up this morning, and the scars are alot less obvious. My skin started to flake, so I cleansed, loofahed, applied lotion, and I look like I just got a facial. Good luck! :wink:

Hey - that was great - I should get some I think!

Maybe it's time to rename yourself - happy tomato!

Thanks