Post Acne.org Regim...

Notifications
Clear all

Post Acne.org Regimen. What next?

MemberMember
(@charlesmawenhan)

Posted : 05/17/2020 2:46 am

Dear all,

I started on my acne.org journey on 1 February 2020.I have been very discipline in being gentle to my skin, using adequate amounts of BP, and moisturizing generously. By the 5th week to 6th week, my skin was clear and I had no active acne. Whenever I washed my face, I do not feel any "bumps". My skin feels smooth, I feel confident and have received positive comments on my skin from friends and family. I continued being on the regimen until 10th May 2020, which is about 99 days on the regimen.The results have been fantastic. All I have left to deal with are my hyperpigmentations.

Why did I stop on 10th May 2020?

My country went into a lockdown situation 2 + months ago due to COVID19. Worried that I did not have sufficient BP to tide me through the pandemic, I ordered more supplies on acne.org. Unfortunately, my parcel never arrived. When I tracked my parcel, it was mistakenly delivered by DHL to Germany, which is a good 14 hour flight from where I live. Thankfully, the guys at acne.org have been very understanding and have re-sent the parcel to me. The parcel has yet to arrive at my doorstep. I believe the COVID19 pandemic may be causing alot of delays on the courier front across the globe.

I became vulnerable as my BP was running very low. I had to unscrew the pump to get out all the BP from my bottle each time I wanted to apply BP the regimen. Soon, I had no more BP to rely on.

I then had to work with what I got. In my inventory, I had the following:

• 2 x 16 oz bottle of Acne.org cleanser
  • 1 x 16 oz bottle of AHA (almost full unused bottle since I only use pea size previously)
  • 1 x acne.org jojoba oil
  • 2 x 16 oz bottle of Acne.org moisturiser
  • 2 x cerave16 oz bottle

With no more BP supply, I then decided to replace the BP with AHA. I increasedmy dosage of AHA to 2 pumps per application, and would apply it day and night. My regimen would be as follow:

• Step 1: Cleanse with acne.org cleanser
  • Step 2: Apply 2 pumps of AHA
  • Step 3: Apply Cerave moisturiser (1 pump)
  • Step 4: Apply 2 drops of jojoba oil
  • Step 5: SPF50 sunblock (during the day only)

I was prepared for the worst, and potentially enter into a breakout that wouldruin all the effort put in from 1 Feb 2020 to 10 May 2020. But I figured that applying AHA is better than not applying anything at all, and letting acne bacteria grow on my face.

I have been on this makeshift regimen for the last 10 days, and my skin feels very smooth, and my pigments are fading rapidly. I have not had any acne outbreaks at all, and my skin feels ultra moisturised. I am pleasantly surprised by the results as I do not experience any dryness, redness, severe stinging, or sunburn. My guess is that my skin has been so accustomed to the BP that the stinging of the AHA feels mild.

I will be on thisnew makeshift regimen until my order arrives. Hopefully, this makeshift regimen may be suitable for me and I need not go back to using BP which has intense drying and bleaching properties. You have no idea how many towels, bedsheets, and shirts I have bleached due to BP! =(

Will share an update in the near future should the new makeshift regimen fail me.

Best wishes and stay safe!

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 05/19/2020 2:57 am

Hi, very unfortunate with your shipment. Hopefully you will get the BP soon! However, really interesting that you replaced BP with AHA and that it apparently is working very well too. Although it can take a few weeks after quitting BP until the skin starts to react, lets hope that is not the case.

Can your skin really handle 2 pumps of AHA twice a day?? That sounds really intense but maybe you have thick skin and not that sensitive? I am using AHA every 3 evening and after I apply it my face gets noticeably red. Although my face gets also red every time i apply BP and I have been on the regimen for 2,5 years...

If I understood you correctly, AHA is actually not making your skin as red and dry as BP does?

Best regards, M

MemberMember
(@charlesmawenhan)

Posted : 05/19/2020 3:14 am

Hello M,

I certainly hope my shipment arrives this week. I have been waiting for more than a month.

My skin can handle 3 pumps of AHA (per application) twice a day. It sounds very intense indeed. It does not sting very much when I only apply AHA and the cerave moisturiser and jojoba oil. I would usually put one pump on each cheek (where my pigments are), and the excess i will spread onto my forehead and chin and nose area. I don't ever spread it to my neck.

However, whenever I apply AHA after BP, there is an intense stinging sensation even if it is a pea size. I believe this is because the AHA is reacting to the BP.

AHA does not make my skin red or dry at all. My skin had alot of redness and dryness in the first month of the regimen, but after the 4th week, I had no more redness or dryness. I attribute this mainly to my skin getting used to the products and also because i started using Cerave moisturiser. Cerave really helps build up the skin barrier well and i am a big advocate of their moisturiser.

If you are getting intense redness from AHA, it could be due to the sun exposure. I understand that DK uses Bananaboat Sports SPF30. However, base on my research, SPF30 is too low. I use SPF50 to ensure I am well protected.

I am from a tropical sunny country which is near the equator. Humidity is close to 100% and its either sun hot (32 degrees celcius) or rain.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 05/19/2020 5:31 am

Hi, thanks for your reply! I appreciate your advice, I might even try this out! I also think that the combination of BP and AHA is what makes it so strong. 

Your skin got completely used to BP after 1 month on the regimen? Wow, I'm jealous... I think my skin is simply very sensitive to BP since it always get a bit red after applying BP. I also get very dry skin which I think is partly due to the cold and dry climate in my country. I live in Northern Europe (Finland) and we dont really have tropical weather here... :D In January I was on vacation to Bali, Indonesia for 2 weeks and my skin was not dry at all there due to the humidity I think.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your post and I will be following your updates. :) 

MemberMember
(@charlesmawenhan)

Posted : 06/08/2020 12:03 am

A second update & thoughts:

As my BP supplies ran out, I decided to replace BP with AHA while using the Cerave moisturiser. I was able to keep my skin clear of any acne. I did, however, have 2 whiteheads on my nose area which I believe would not have occurred if I was on BP. They were minor whiteheads and easily went away.

My personal thoughts was that BP gives me a sense of assurance that I would not have any unexpected outbreaks. My BP supplies have arrived, and I have resumed using BP. Thankfully, my skin was still accustomed to BP, so I did not experience any flakiness or dryness.

Hope this helps everyone who is reading.

Thank you.