Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SutterCane

Looking for a way to get rid of my acne scars

12 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

If it were me, I would start with TCA. As the scar improves but it's still tethered (eg. donut effect, etc), I would definitely know and I can get it subcised then. Actually this would be more beneficial since I don't have to subcise more than I need to. 

As I said elsewhere, people confuse trees for the forest. When it comes to the scar, it's not the crater that you see but the shadow created by the scar border. Subcision plays no role in the eliminating of shadows.

I'm guessing at a percentage lower than 100%?

3 hours ago, Skin Pessimist said:

I'm guessing at a percentage lower than 100%?

Depends on the type and the severity of a given scar. Most of the time, especially for severe boxcar scars, 100% is absolutely required. The borders are so defined, anything less than 100% will not work. As the scar improves, you will need to taper down accordingly. As such, more severe the scar, higher the concentration and vice versa for shallower scars.

7 hours ago, colorful said:

What about lasers? (fractional co2)

Maybe with ablative laser, but not so much with fractional. Not only is it not applied uniformly (but rather pixelated) but it penetrates the skin vertically.

On 2/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, Sirius Lee said:

Depends on the type and the severity of a given scar. Most of the time, especially for severe boxcar scars, 100% is absolutely required. The borders are so defined, anything less than 100% will not work. As the scar improves, you will need to taper down accordingly. As such, more severe the scar, higher the concentration and vice versa for shallower scars.

Maybe with ablative laser, but not so much with fractional. Not only is it not applied uniformly (but rather pixelated) but it penetrates the skin vertically.

I'm saying specifically re: rolling scars

2 minutes ago, Skin Pessimist said:

I'm saying specifically re: rolling scars

Even with rolling scar, there is usually a sign of scar edge somewhere. Depending on how severe it is, it should be treated in the same way as boxcars but lower concentration, usually TCA Cross 50%-70%.

Has anybody had experience with the Vampire PRP Facial? That was kind of next on my list if I wasn't blown away with the Erbium Yag (which so far I'm not). TCA Cross is also on my list to check out. I'm even deadass looking up if it's possible to get skin-grafts done. I'd rather have skin from my ass on my face forever than deal with this for another year. I really loathe the condition of my skin.

On 2/23/2021 at 7:52 AM, nikkigirl said:

Good luck on getting rid of acne scars!

Thanks! Currently looking into subcision + fillers. Hoping that plus maybe some TCA for the smaller marks will solve my problem this year.