Notifications
Clear all

Someone help me clear my body acne!!

MemberMember
(@eileenholinski15yahoo-com)

Posted : 05/09/2020 9:10 pm

hi!! I am new to this but I really need help. i™ve struggled w acne/body acne for so many years, I think it™s been ab 6 now. i™ve tried a bunch of different things & LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS. I don™t even know what kind of acne I have & what all those small little bumps are on my chest & neck & parts of my back. my face acne randomly cleared up on its own but I still struggle w skin colored bumps on my forehead from time to time & blackheads, hyperpigmentation, & textured skin . right now I can™t even see a dermatologist bc of the quarantine so i™d really appreciate some help!! i™m so sick of my skin looking & feeling like this & im going to college in florida so i™m gonna be in clothes that show skin a lot of the time and I really want clear skin. this has destroyed my self confidence & I honestly just wanna kick my skin problems in the ass! please someone help me & tell me what kind of problems I have, what steps I can take to clear it, & whatever else you can tell me that will help me!!! any advice you have im all for it! also i™m really curious as to what those tiny bumps are on my chest & neck, they™re textured and very weird. thank you everyone hope someone can help me out! 

400C271B-A857-477F-A8EF-83097E076347.jpeg

A98F90CB-2CB9-49B9-B59C-CCC9F13F7DD7.jpeg

3302FFB3-2CBD-44FE-88AA-C4F4EC2A8FF7.jpeg

MemberMember
(@penthotal11111)

Posted : 05/11/2020 10:59 am

That isnt acne. Itlooks like a light folliculitis. Really, it doesnt look that bad (perhaps because the pictures are pretty dark).

Anyway, since that you said you tried everything, I assume anti fungal treatments dont work. I mean stuffs like Nizoral, Zinc pyrithone...and company.... Because it might be fungal folliculitis. Does it itcha lot? Does it getworse with hot and humidity weather?

eileenh15 liked
MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 05/12/2020 12:57 pm

It really doesn't look bad at all

Some zinc lotion (or just head and shoulders) in the shower, plus oral zinc, plus clean diet would clear it all up

eileenh15 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 05/16/2020 8:36 pm

On 5/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, Penthotal11111 said:

Hi.

when I was young I used to have my forehead FULL of those tiny bumps-whiteheads.

in my experience, products with salicylic acid and Sulfur 10% (my favourite) works the best. I also remember hot and especially humidity made it much worse, as it happens for many people.

best of luck!

On 5/11/2020 at 11:59 AM, Penthotal11111 said:

That isnt acne. Itlooks like a light folliculitis. Really, it doesnt look that bad (perhaps because the pictures are pretty dark).

Anyway, since that you said you tried everything, I assume anti fungal treatments dont work. I mean stuffs like Nizoral, Zinc pyrithone...and company.... Because it might be fungal folliculitis. Does it itcha lot? Does it getworse with hot and humidity weather?

I have tried nizoral and if didnt really do much for me at all but no I havent tried zinc pyrithione. do you have any product recommendations that contain this? also yes it does itch but doesnt usually get worse with hot weather, maybe humid though

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 05/17/2020 12:26 am

3 hours ago, eileenh15 said:

I have tried nizoral and if didnt really do much for me at all but no I havent tried zinc pyrithione. do you have any product recommendations that contain this? also yes it does itch but doesnt usually get worse with hot weather, maybe humid though

Head and shoulders has zinc in it, can wash with that

Oral zinc might help also

MemberMember

Posted : 05/17/2020 9:42 pm

21 hours ago, gutskinaxis said:

Head and shoulders has zinc in it, can wash with that

Oral zinc might help also

okay I recently switched to head & shoulders for my actual shampoo & conditiner as well & I already noticed the bumps around my hairline & on my neck & back have significantly gone down so ill definitely have to try it out on my face & body! thanks!

MemberMember
(@sophiemaria)

Posted : 09/20/2020 5:24 am

tried zinc pyrithione

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 09/20/2020 9:44 am

Body acne can be caused by bacteria, fungus or microscopic demodex skin mites.

All 3 types of infections can cause folliculitis, blackheads skin papules, pustules, etc.

One simple over the counter remedy for body acne is the Borax - Epsom salts bath soak.
Borax is anti-microbial. It can kill fungus and demodex. Gynecologists have recommended the borax soak for stubborn yeast infections for 30+ years.

For a standard 5 foot bath tub:

1. Fill tub with pleasantly warm water. If the water is too hot, you may pass out or get over heated. It is not the heat, it is the borax that will kill the mites.

2. Add 1 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax (available at Kroger for about $6).

3. Add 1 cup of Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts with Moisturizing Avocado Oil or Moisturizing Coconut Oil (about $6 at Kroger). Another person used the Equate brand Epsom Salts with good results.

4. Swirl the water in the tub and break up any lumps in the borax so that it disolves.

5. Get in tub, use the water to face and toshampoo your hair and scalp too. Borax is a good and simple DIY shampoo. It is also a good water softener.

6. Soak in tub for 30 minutes.

7. Shower and wash hair after the soak. A diluted Apple CIder Vinegar rinse for the hair will restore the pH balance. That is 3 parts water to one part ACV to dilute - close eyes tightly when using the ACV rinse on the hair. Follow that with a good hair conditioner if you like.