Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

if you think people dislike you because of acne

are you willing to read these books?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. are you willing to read these books?

• yes
    • I've read them already and I love them
    • I've read them already and they suck (please explain why you think so)
    • if I have time
    • no (please explain why not)

If you are depressed, please read: "Feeling Good" by Dave Burns.

After you're done being depressed, read: "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

99% of you will ignore my suggestion and go to the next post. 1% will actually read the books.

Here's for the 1%:

The first book provides psychological tecniques of dealing with your own feelings; it explains how your mind works, and after you're done reading, you'll know why and how you do cartain things.

The second book provides techniques of dealing with other people. Let me just say that the book helped me get a $50,000 contract in a few days, just because I changed my attitude. People love to be around me now, and I'm happy, because I know exactly how people will react to whatever I say or do, and I know how to get them to react the right way.

These aren't just some books I saw at the store and decided to read them..

They are the best of the best. Numerous people recommended them to me, including my own father, back when I was a child.

If these books don't help you understand yourself and other people, then nothing will. They are simply GREAT books. There is nothing else like them out there.

Type the names of these books into Google, and see what others have to say. Buy them on amazon for cheap, and BE HAPPY for once!

I believe society is better if everyone is happy with themselves and knows how to communicate well. I feel that these books teach you a great deal about human behavior, and are essential reads for everyone in the world.

These books are very practical; they explain the theory behind things, but every chapter is filled with tecniques you can practice on a daily basis to improve the quality of your life.

If you have read other great books from the psychology or self-help genre, and they have changed your life, please don't hesitate to list them in this topic.

Guest OnlyJoe

i voted no, becuase i dont need to change my attitude nor do i need to win friends.

Guest OnlyJoe

no idea, maybe because he thought he was just trying to sell the books to people.

its a bit of both. people with acne are less approachable to the clean jocks and jockesses i think.

I object to self help books like this, because it's almost as if you're getting your outlook on life from a photocopier. I know it's not meant to be that way, but still...

i'm not sure. I do not believe in that. Perhaps a little persuasion from any reading material can change your outlook in life, but you have total control over yourself.

It's simply mind over matter. It's all in your mind. Assess your problems: Are you the "I worry about what people will think about me, since I am full of acne. Even if i don't hear them, I know, silently, they say bad things about me." "What must I do? I can't get rid of this" Anxiety, self-pity, perseverance, indifference, it's very complicated

Only you can change yourself, like any other smoker hoping to quit..

what's the difference between saying "if only i was clear, i'd be normal" and "if only i had read those books, i'd be normal"? what's up all these self-help shit...do you seriously think dr. phil has helped people with a fucking 30-minute lecture?...truth is, some people read and listen and never retain shit...understanding something does not equal learning it.

it's not about being "normal." There's no such thing as normal. The books help you understand yourself and other people. They are not self help books, they are human psychology books. It's about control and resopnsibility to be able to handle your own body, and being able to control and predict the emotions of others.

people feel outcast because of their acne: they’re being gawked at, commented about....they want to be in the norm...as in normal...

specifically, what psychological theories are they? and how do you differiate between self-help books and psychology books? psychology today is a pseudo-science magazine. dr. phil is a pseudo-psychologist as well...is he even a doctor? anyway, i shouldn't be judging because i haven't even seen the books...

people feel outcast because of their acne: they’re being gawked at, commented about....

Hi, I have a few self help books, but not on acne. They are good to read, they mostly tell you what you already know, but the extra info is good.

But the main thing is that reading a book alone is noway good enough to change my ways.

I have no doubt that these books are probably at the top of their feilds,.. but I cant help but think of a joke while looking at some of the responses on here.

How many Psychologists does it take to change a light bulb?

One, but the light bulb has to want to change. *badoomboom*

You could also change *Psychologists* to *Ideas*

i'm sorry but I know what i've thought and experienced for over 11 years because of this, and that's experience enough.

And no offense, but I don't need a quack doctor to try and dig into my psychology to sway me some other way or prove me wrong

I'm not a fan of self help books because they usually preach the same, cheesy things over and over again and you quickly forget the message. I've read a ton of books on depression. The only book that has made a lasting difference is Feeling Good by David Burns. It's excellent. You don't even have to be depressed to read it...it gives you insights into why you are the way you are and I think it can only make a postitive impact on you even if you don't do the "exercises".

It's definetly raised my self esteem a bit. I wish people weren't so quick to judge these books, they're really great.