Should I keep using...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I keep using benzyl peroxide?

MemberMember
(@olivialmackgmail-com)

Posted : 05/07/2020 4:42 pm

Ive just started using my the benzyl peroxide in my acne.org regimen. Everything was fine the first day, but the second day I experience a huge amount of swelling/rednesson my eyelids. I never put it anywhere near my eyes but Im concerned if the smell is causing it to smell up. My skin seems to be reacting as expected, its dry/ red but not swelling.Should I discontinue?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/08/2020 10:03 am

If you use any product that causes swelling, stop using it immediately.

You can try any product that you suspect you have a sensitivity to on your inner forearm for a day or two and see how you react there. This way you can figure out what product is causing the reaction. Whatever product it is, yes, stop using it.

MemberMember
(@objectivedry)

Posted : 05/08/2020 5:51 pm

Hi Dan. I have been using the acne.org regimen for 4 weeks now and I am experiencing dead skin build up to the point where it is starting to look like another layer of skin is on top of new skin. In this case, would it be safe to exfoliate now? The exfoliant that I would be using is the Freeman Facial Charcoal & Black Sugar Polish Mask.  

2020-05-08 (1).jpg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/11/2020 10:57 am

I wouldn't use a scrub. They are a very bad choice for acne-prone skin.

Instead, since you've been on the regimen for 4 weeks you can start chemically exfoliating. I recommend you add in AHA+ now. Follow the directions carefully. It should fix it right up.

MemberMember
(@objectivedry)

Posted : 05/19/2020 4:44 pm

OK. Thank you Dan.