Notifications
Clear all

Mild to moderate acne,how bad are my scars?

MemberMember
(@sottolariagmail-com)

Posted : 05/02/2020 6:38 am

IMG_20200502_133253.jpg.d15d29c063584878100c9d50adf2705e.jpgI am an 18 years old guy,my acne has never really been that bad,but it is really persistent(i think i have 2 pustules on average)since it started 3/4 years ago.I have red marks all over my cheeks but it doesn't really affect me that much because I know it isn't permanent unlike real scars(that i know I have).I don't really know how bad they are so I figured I'd ask you experts.I am currently a patient of one of the best dermatologist in my country and She said that they aren't that bad(just like my acne) but when I see myself with harsh lighting I see that I have this kind of general univeness all over my cheeks with little scars all over and some deep ones,I don't know if it helps but I can't feel the scars when i touch my face not even the deepest one.spacer.pngspacer.pngI surely will try to improve them in the future,just let me know(from your experience) what scars I have and if they are severe ones.Thanks guys.I know I still have some acne but I am on medication and I hope I ll finally cure my acne soonspacer.png

IMG_20200502_133224.jpg

MemberMember
(@william-endacotgmail-com)

Posted : 06/15/2020 1:37 pm

This looks to me like very superficial scarring, that can only really be seen in angled lighting. The scars, shallow as they are, seem to be small boxcar scars. I think you may also have large pores. Remember, You are probably looking much closer than others are, and in most lighting it will be a lot less noticeable (e.g. when the lighting is all around you). This doesn't seem like it would require treatment but if anything a low percentage TCA or or office micro needling could be done to perfect your skin. Overall it looks quite even in the photos, even if it might not to you. I have worse scars than these, but they're still not too prominent or deep, though i do plan on getting treatment. Do what you want man, but they're really not that noticeable, keep fighting brother! Hope this helped.