Notifications
Clear all

Taylor Liberator for Subcision

MemberMember
(@user54321)

Posted : 04/27/2020 10:15 pm

Hi guys,

I'm considering using a Taylor Liberator for subcision. My doctor says there will be a scar at point of incision, and I'm guaranteed to get a hematoma. My understanding is that worst case scenario, the hematoma will last ~3 months. I'm okay with getting a hematoma if my skin improves in the long run.

Have any of you received a Taylor Liberator Subcision? There is not much information about it on the forums here. Any responses would be appreciated!

For those of you who are curious, Taylor Liberator is similar to Nokor. Here's a video about the Taylor Liberator:

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 04/28/2020 12:13 am

I've had three cannula subcisions. I did not get any scars from the entry points and I also didn't get a hematoma. Have you talked to derms that use cannula? Might be worthwhile to keep researching if you really want to do subcision.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 04/28/2020 12:45 am

I agree ^ maybe its better for you to start off with cannula subcision and filler and go from there? just make sure youre clear with the exact marks you want filled and ask if you could outline them yourself (sometimes they cant see the spots you seeunder certain lighting)

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 04/28/2020 8:28 am

I asked Dr.Emil about it. He said that it is for severe multiple acne scars when the large area is scared like on this video here. Then Nokor which is strong but lighter then TL.Then Cannula which is lighter then Nokor. Cannula and Nokor could be often combined.
Also TL is performed under general anaesthetic orat least sedation when Nokor and Cannula demand local injections only, sometimes Cannula could be tolerated without the injection particularly at the 2,3d Subs.

MemberMember
(@user54321)

Posted : 04/28/2020 7:24 pm

I've had 2 cannula subcisions(withhyaluronic acid filler), and gotgreat results--about 50%improvement. Ihave severe acne scars on my cheeks,withmostly boxcar scaring left. The cannula + filler erased my rolling scars.

I spoke to beautifulambition a few years ago, who seemed convinced I needed nokor subcision. I'm leaning towards TL for that reason.

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 04/28/2020 10:42 pm

3 hours ago, user54321 said:

I've had 2 cannula subcisions(withhyaluronic acid filler), and gotgreat results--about 50%improvement. Ihave severe acne scars on my cheeks,withmostly boxcar scaring left. The cannula + filler erased my rolling scars.

I spoke to beautifulambition a few years ago, who seemed convinced I needed nokor subcision. I'm leaning towards TL for that reason.

how far apart where the sessions did you need for the rolling scars to dissappear? and how long did it take in total in terms of months or years? did the boxscar ever improve?

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 04/29/2020 2:04 am

I would ask him again since it was years ago, as new research/techniques could change that suggestion. Since Ive been on here, Ive seen recommendations to do cannula instead for most people.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 04/29/2020 3:20 am

This looks pretty brutal to me, i d be worried about colateral damage and entry points leaving scars, but i am not expert on this, i think generally cannula is safe and good for subcision.

MemberMember
(@user54321)

Posted : 04/29/2020 4:48 am

6 hours ago, daelz7 said:

How far apart where the sessions did you need for the rolling scars to dissappear? And how long did it take in total in terms of months or years? did the boxscar ever improve?

I had each subcision ~9months apart. I had a tca cross once during my first subcision, and the boxscar scarringsoftened a little bit. After the 2nd subcision, my scars improved 50% from baseline.The filler was incredible-- I would never get subcision without filler.

I'm sure I could'vehad two subcisions 6 months apart and the results would have been the same. The filler lasted forever so I didn't feel the need to go back until 9months later.

The depth of my scars has lessened, but the texture needs work. My boxcars have a lot of sharp edges, but they are not as deep as they used to be because of the fillers. The depth of my scars has lessened to the extent that my scars aren't noticeable unless I'm in direct lighting.

RNIC2 and Fabian22596 liked
MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 04/30/2020 3:09 pm

Taylor liberator = unnecessary ovekill. You get same/better results with cannula without all the risk.

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 05/01/2020 3:06 am

Hadanyone here been Dr. Taylor's patient and gone through his "one and done" treatment (with Taylor Liberator)? I saw Dr. Taylor is still doing this nowadays and the result seems very promising. However, a lot of critiques saying that this is phony and overkill, and it hasside effects (aging?). So I really want to hear if anyone had really gone through this.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/12/2020 1:48 am

On 4/29/2020 at 2:48 AM, user54321 said:

I had each subcision ~9months apart. I had a tca cross once during my first subcision, and the boxscar scarringsoftened a little bit. After the 2nd subcision, my scars improved 50% from baseline.The filler was incredible-- I would never get subcision without filler.

I'm sure I could'vehad two subcisions 6 months apart and the results would have been the same. The filler lasted forever so I didn't feel the need to go back until 9months later.

The depth of my scars has lessened, but the texture needs work. My boxcars have a lot of sharp edges, but they are not as deep as they used to be because of the fillers. The depth of my scars has lessened to the extent that my scars aren't noticeable unless I'm in direct lighting.

Who did your successful cannula subcision and filler?

MemberMember
(@zephyr101)

Posted : 05/17/2020 9:32 am

TL has much more risks and complications than Nokor. TL does not discriminate. It cuts through everything, even healthy areas (lots of potential collateral damage). At least with Nokor, it's more localized to the scar alone.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/30/2020 10:50 pm

Unless your scar is overly fibrotic to begin with, there's no need for subcision. In fact, if you read what many wrote about their experience, you will find that they weren't happy with subcision, whether it's Nokor or cannula.

The best method of scar revision is not to plump up the depressed scar but to soften the edges as much as possible. This is akin to blurring a photo giving it a softer tone. Simply by diminishing the edges it will make your scars look less defined.

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 06/02/2020 5:55 pm

On 4/28/2020 at 6:15 AM, user54321 said:

Hi guys,

I'm considering using a Taylor Liberator for subcision. My doctor says there will be a scar at point of incision, and I'm guaranteed to get a hematoma. My understanding is that worst case scenario, the hematoma will last ~3 months. I'm okay with getting a hematoma if my skin improves in the long run.

Have any of you received a Taylor Liberator Subcision? There is not much information about it on the forums here. Any responses would be appreciated!

For those of you who are curious, Taylor Liberator is similar to Nokor. Here's a video about the Taylor Liberator:

No way i put that thing in my face

MemberMember
(@ethan94)

Posted : 01/01/2021 2:04 pm

On 5/1/2020 at 9:06 AM, froyosh said:

Hadanyone here been Dr. Taylor's patient and gone through his "one and done" treatment (with Taylor Liberator)? I saw Dr. Taylor is still doing this nowadays and the result seems very promising. However, a lot of critiques saying that this is phony and overkill, and it hasside effects (aging?). So I really want to hear if anyone had really gone through this.

I did the taylor liberatortwo weeks ago. Entry point is tiny and incision has nearly faded. No need for any stitching as others have stated.Too early to say if I have results yet so can only comment on the incision. Can keep you updated if you like.

MemberMember
(@kyle-ogradyhotmail-com)

Posted : 01/29/2021 9:15 pm

I'm interested in how it went - keep us updated! I've had several cannulasubcisions with a knowndoctor and while things improved and some scars did well, it wasn't the "wow" factor I'd hoped for on my biggest scar area(and I don't blame the MD).

I wonder if something like this would benefit me now that less aggressive procedures haven't worked out(either that or I need several more). It sounds like you only do it once. Dr. Taylor's paper said 90% of his 100 patients were satisfied and didn't desire further treatment with his "one and done" approach.

I only wonder, if hematomas happen, what do they do? Is it a big deal?

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 05/05/2022 4:45 am

On 1/1/2021 at 8:04 PM, Ethan94 said:

I did the taylor liberatortwo weeks ago. Entry point is tiny and incision has nearly faded. No need for any stitching as others have stated.Too early to say if I have results yet so can only comment on the incision. Can keep you updated if you like.

Do you have any updates?

MemberMember
(@Fehheh77)

Posted : 05/11/2022 4:55 pm

On 4/29/2020 at 2:24 AM, user54321 said:

The cannula + filler erased my rolling scars.

Like for a full 100%?

MemberMember
(@mavallone73yahoo-com)

Posted : 09/18/2022 10:03 am

On 1/1/2021 at 2:04 PM, Ethan94 said:

Hi. I am trying to educate myself on the various procedures. Please update me on your progress and also who was the doctor who performed the procedure??? Thanks