Notifications
Clear all

Dead skin cells

MemberMember
(@sohaveyaheard)

Posted : 04/23/2020 12:32 pm

Does anyone else feel like dead skin cells just buildup with the regimen?

I have incorporated AHA 3x a week but even still, i went for a run and wiped my sweat with a white t shirt and i left tons of brown skin cells behind...

Makes sense since I am barely ever touching my face and just gliding over it.

Anyone feel the same way? What did you do about it?

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 04/26/2020 7:23 am

Yes, dead skin cells or flakiness has always been negative side-effect with the regimen. I've been on the regimen over 2 years and still suffer from redness and flakiness. I've tried different moisturizer and some work better than other. I live in Finland where the weather is very dry and cold during winters. I think the climate actually has a significant effect on the skin dryness. In January I went on vacation to Bali, Indonesia for 14 days. The climate there is extremely humid and I did not build up any dead skin cells, my skin was super smooth...

In order to reduce/prevent dead skin cells or flakiness, I try to never touch my face and obviously use more moisturizer throughout the day.

MemberMember
(@owen2000)

Posted : 04/27/2020 9:55 am

Every time I wake up in the morning theres dead skin cells all over my bed where my face has been, but I guess you know its doing the job

MemberMember
(@sohaveyaheard)

Posted : 04/27/2020 5:31 pm

On 4/26/2020 at 8:23 AM, MindfulTiler said:

Yes, dead skin cells or flakiness has always been negative side-effect with the regimen. I've been on the regimen over 2 years and still suffer from redness and flakiness. I've tried different moisturizer and some work better than other. I live in Finland where the weather is very dry and cold during winters. I think the climate actually has a significant effect on the skin dryness. In January I went on vacation to Bali, Indonesia for 14 days. The climate there is extremely humid and I did not build up any dead skin cells, my skin was super smooth...

In order to reduce/prevent dead skin cells or flakiness, I try to never touch my face and obviously use more moisturizer throughout the day.

How are breakouts after 2 years? How was your skin before the regimen?

I am wondering if after a while on the regimen it would be ok to use an exfoliant once a week to remove dead skin cells because it's pretty gross how much just sits on the surface of the face. I feel like that can be contributing to breakouts....

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 05/03/2020 7:55 am

On 4/28/2020 at 1:31 AM, SOHAVEYAHEARD said:

How are breakouts after 2 years? How was your skin before the regimen?

I am wondering if after a while on the regimen it would be ok to use an exfoliant once a week to remove dead skin cells because it's pretty gross how much just sits on the surface of the face. I feel like that can be contributing to breakouts....

I barely get any breakouts anymore. I still do the regimen twice a day, using one fingerlenght of BP 2,5%. I would say my skin has gotten better overall during the years on the regimen, obviously its mostly due to the regimen but I also feel like I have partially outgrown acne, or atleast the rough part. My acne was the worst when i was between 16-19. Now im 23 and if i would not be on the regimen I'd say I have mild acne.

So to answer your question: Every now and then I get a pimple or two, however as I mentioned before, I still suffer from flakiness and redness... 

Regarding your thoughts on the exfoliant, unfortunately I cant give you any advice on that. You have to ask elsewhere. :)