Notifications
Clear all

How can I treat hypertrophic scars on nose?

MemberMember
(@shubhamgujar55555gmail-com)

Posted : 04/15/2020 9:15 am

Hi,
I have three hypertrophic scars on my nose. I have been carrying my nose scar for a very long time .The dermatologist that I've approached said that the scars are permanent and not even cosmetic surgery would help.But after that went through several research papers and I found that microneedling(Dermapen) along with Silicone gel sheet help to treat hypertrophic scar more effectively.So I have bought Dermapen and Silicone gel pads.

Is it safe and effective to use dermapen and silicone gel sheet on hypertrophic scar? What needle Length can I use for hypertrophic scar?  Won't dermapen worsen the hypertrophic scar(more growth of current scar or formation keloids)? 

Hypertrophic.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/21/2020 11:04 am

I wouldn't do anything yourself. Instead, I would get under the care of a great doctor who specializes in acne scar repair and has successfully treated hypertrophic scars before. Sounds to me like you need a second opinion.

Here's a page where you can learn about options and advice on how to find a good doc.

If you do stuff for this, please update us. Hypertrophic scars are challenging but can be reduced.