Notifications
Clear all

Post RF microneedling hyperpigmentation, scarring, maybe even burning?

MemberMember
(@jkflores01gmail-com)

Posted : 04/14/2020 2:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I just did my first Microneedling with RF treatment almost a month ago (it will be four weeks this Friday), and the experience has been both horrorific and stressful for myself. Not only during the treatment itself, but the healing process.

I have been receiving microdermabrasion treatments with peels for almost two years now, and wanted to take it to the next level. As someone who is aging, I would read about microneedling to aid in collagen boosting which made me want to try it as I didn't want to go into botox/filler just yet. My esthetician recommended I try microneedling with RF as she just got the machine and was offering me to try it and explained that it would also help wit the dark spots/hyper pigmentation I had on my cheeks.

Upon reading this forum, I can tell many of you are experienced as far as heat used, needle depth, etc. I do not know how much heat or needle depth was used on me other than I think it was too much because of the result I had.

The first day, my face looked like it was sunburned, which I read was to be expected with microneedling with RF, along with bruising and some bleeding, etc. But by night fall, my skin started leaking clear, yellow fluid from my chin, nose and forehead, which would then start to crust. This did not feel normal, however, my esthetician reassured me that it was.

By the next day, my face was really swollen and sore and my chin, nose and forehead had stopped leaking fluid and the healing process has just been an influx of emotion, between not knowing how bad it is or if my face will ever be the same (I dont think it will be as it looks like there is some scarring on the bridge of my nose, around my chin and my cheeks), not to mention the esthetician started stressing me out when she started asking for daily photos and reassuring me my face is fine/normal (only to find out she had been sending them to a dermatologist this entire time), giving me cream after cream and now saying she will œpay whatever it takes to make your face normal again. 

This is what my face looks like at three weeks.

3B60B4F2-5F58-47E4-AED4-BEE60CD047EF.jpeg

C9F32966-E9B2-43CB-B90E-845E35D3238F.jpeg

23767984-CB28-41EC-944B-78944D3699F5.jpeg

5939AAC2-411D-4EBA-B912-053641F67450.jpeg

Currently, I™ve been treating my face with the following:

- Korres Greek Yoghurt face wash (AM and PM)

- Fresh Rose and hyaluronic toner (AM and PM)

- Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Serum (AM)

- Drunk Elephant Vitamin B Hydra Intensive serum (AM and PM)

- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Moisturizer (AM and PM) 

- La Roche Posay Sunscreen 

- Mederma Advanced Scar Gel (AM and PM) <” debating on switching to Scaraway, a silicone based scar gel, since I™ve been reading in threads here silicone gel is recommended 

- Vitamin E ointment (about 2-3x a day while I™m at work)

Ive been reading all the threads here and I know that time and patience is the number one component in healing and certain folks will take longer to heal (even up to 6 months I™ve read on here!). I™ve read that glycolic and lactic acidosis peels as well as hydroquinone can help with softening scars and hyper pigmentation. I currently have the following but have not used them yet because I don™t know how soon it will be safe to use these with my face the way it is:

- Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum (hydroquinone)

- Dr. Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peels

- Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream

Due to my hyper pigmentation, I™m very afraid to try any kind of laser (I normally have sensitive skin anyway) but I don™t want to overload myself out of desperation and make things worse, so was hoping for input!

Thank you all in advance 

MemberMember
(@ferraritradersgmail-com)

Posted : 06/28/2020 11:36 pm

It looks like you have scabbing still after 3 to 4 weeks. The area on the tip of the nose looks like a burn almost where it has caused some peeling of the skin or atrophyfrom what looks to be like a scab. I'd definitely lay off of any type of glycolic, lactic or any of the other products until your skin has completely healed. How is your skin now?