Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wombatstaywoke

Diminishing Returns on Acne Scar Improvement with Subcision?

Recommended Posts

Hey all, 

So if you look at my thread you'll know that at this point I've been planning my third acne scar treatment with either subcision or Infini. I've noticed when I use overhead/angled lighting that the scars do indeed look less depressed but I'm looking for an additional two or three treatments before I brush my hands and say "this is the best it'll get at this age".

There's this guy on Reddit who had amazing results off his first subcision like most of us but after going into his second and third treatments noticed that the scars weren't improving by that much and yet he was still paying the same price for the treatment to no surprise. 

Those who have had multiple subcision sessions (specifically this treatment, not Infini or TCA) have you seen increased improvement even if it was only partial compared to the first? How subcision sessions total did you do before you became content with where your skin was at?

Thank you all well in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think every1 need to look at this , especially 10:03 , scar treatmetns, no scar can be erased, no scar can be removed, its very challenging skin codition, best u can get is up to 50% improvement I think, even with all the lifting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You will hit a plateau. For some it's after 3-4 treatments, for others 6-7. Also depends on filler usage. Also, you should have realistic goals, 60-80% improvement is great work !

Edited by Vidrar
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 1:11 PM, Miro said:

I think every1 need to look at this , especially 10:03 , scar treatmetns, no scar can be erased, no scar can be removed, its very challenging skin codition, best u can get is up to 50% improvement I think, even with all the lifting.

thats extremly depressing. but who is to say he is right about this??? i think its bad to do this and mention that they are a waste of time. acne scarring can be improved significantly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2020 at 5:31 AM, daelz7 said:

thats extremly depressing. but who is to say he is right about this??? i think its bad to do this and mention that they are a waste of time. acne scarring can be improved significantly.

He is not saying its waste of time or they dont work, he just says acne scars cannot be removed and acne scars  treatments  have limits, and yes they are expensive  and yes for somebody 50% is significant result for some1 not.

I posted this because people should have realistic expectations, i ve seen too many people claiming dermatologist promised em 70-80% imrovement and they spent fortune and saw maybe 20-30 % improvement, thats abslutly common.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Miro said:

He is not saying its waste of time or they dont work, he just says acne scars cannot be removed and acne scars  treatments  have limits, and yes they are expensive  and yes for somebody 50% is significant result for some1 not.

I posted this because people should have realistic expectations, i ve seen too many people claiming dermatologist promised em 70-80% imrovement and they spent fortune and saw maybe 20-30 % improvement, thats abslutly common.

lets be realistic here , the issue here is not that the results are not possible, rather a factor that isnt being taken into consideration... experience and a real professional with acne scars not just a regular surgeon . I think its irresponsible to go out and say this(him, not you) ... they can be removed , but in reality REPLACED with excision. the issue is finding a REAL expert with acne scars and those are not too common. 

of course they cant be removed completely , but they can be improved vastly to where they are almost invisible to the naked eye. who said acne scars have to look bad?? . my 2 cents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, daelz7 said:

lets be realistic here , the issue here is not that the results are not possible, rather a factor that isnt being taken into consideration... experience and a real professional with acne scars not just a regular surgeon . I think its irresponsible to go out and say this(him, not you) ... they can be removed , but in reality REPLACED with excision. the issue is finding a REAL expert with acne scars and those are not too common. 

of course they cant be removed completely , but they can be improved vastly to where they are almost invisible to the naked eye. who said acne scars have to look bad?? . my 2 cents.

As i said, people should be realistic, i have never ever seen anywhere on internet results where u could say this is 70-80 % improvement , never, i mean same lightning same angle. So keep your expectations low , find acne scars specialist and hope for the best.

I agree if someone has acne scaring that bothers him, he should do something about it, f.e. I am going through my acne scars revision journey. Subcisions, Microneedling RF, some TCA and maybe CO2  laser, all that can bring u results. After i do everything i ll post what i think about it :-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miro said:

As i said, people should be realistic, i have never ever seen anywhere on internet results where u could say this is 70-80 % improvement , never, i mean same lightning same angle. So keep your expectations low , find acne scars specialist and hope for the best.

I agree if someone has acne scaring that bothers him, he should do something about it, f.e. I am going through my acne scars revision journey. Subcisions, Microneedling RF, some TCA and maybe CO2  laser, all that can bring u results. After i do everything i ll post what i think about it :-) 

again, real experts can "remove" them, most of them, if you'd see me a year ago before I started treatment you would agree. I have gotten about 30-40 percent improvement... i still have a long way too go. heres what is important ..1)age ,2) immune system / response to treatment 3)scar depth, texture , 4) modalities used 5)the person doing the scar revision. people can waste years and money with the wrong person , i hope everything goes well for you , let us know pls!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Miro said:

As i said, people should be realistic, i have never ever seen anywhere on internet results where u could say this is 70-80 % improvement , never, i mean same lightning same angle. So keep your expectations low , find acne scars specialist and hope for the best.

I agree if someone has acne scaring that bothers him, he should do something about it, f.e. I am going through my acne scars revision journey. Subcisions, Microneedling RF, some TCA and maybe CO2  laser, all that can bring u results. After i do everything i ll post what i think about it :-) 

 

I agree that acne scars are tough to improve but it's possible.  In fact,  we have a legend in this forum by the name of  @f93d.    His journey is the stuff of legend and he has been one of the few people to document the entire process in its entirety.   He got at least 70-80% improvement.  And he made every effort to take his pics in consistent lighting.   

I really think that thread needs to be pinned to the top for people to see.  It is possible to get significant improvement, but not perfection obviously.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dazzed said:

 

I agree that acne scars are tough to improve but it's possible.  In fact,  we have a legend in this forum by the name of  @f93d.    His journey is the stuff of legend and he has been one of the few people to document the entire process in its entirety.   He got at least 70-80% improvement.  And he made every effort to take his pics in consistent lighting.   

I really think that thread needs to be pinned to the top for people to see.  It is possible to get significant improvement, but not perfection obviously.  

I ve been following him, truly inspiring story that gives many people hope, i think he really got at least 50 maybe 60% improvement, its really fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Miro said:

I think every1 need to look at this , especially 10:03 , scar treatmetns, no scar can be erased, no scar can be removed, its very challenging skin codition, best u can get is up to 50% improvement I think, even with all the lifting.

Damn that asian dude break my heart

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×