Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatment, need advice!

MemberMember
(@aqva)

Posted : 04/10/2020 4:39 pm

Hi All,

I had a very severe acne when I turned 18 and it was gone in under a year with roaccurane/accutane treatment. Sadly, doctors decided to pick my spots and do whatever they wanted as they never seen anyone with the condition I had. I was out of school for months and all.. forward 8 years.. I am left with deep acne scars, been living ok with my scarred face, but recently I am getting more and more upset seeing my face, I think with years my skin is loosing its elasticity and scars are getting deeper. I know many of you have had treatments or seen a few doctors, can anyone recommend what should I start first and what would be good for my acne scars or who should I see for treatment? I currently live in UK/London..

94C2396B-E1F0-4083-8C9D-D861A88519D4.jpeg

A8F7F1BD-2543-4C5D-A9F6-2D7ECD92F89D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 04/12/2020 7:49 am

Thank you for sharing the pics.

You have boxscar scars, and they have a definite edge. From my experience, and from accounts of others, I notice hard edged scars tend to respond well to treatment. You definitely should do a few sessuins of subcision. They work excellently for your scars. Then you could level everything off with RF microneedling or a laser treatment, whichever your dermatologist is comfortable with.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 04/12/2020 11:19 am

To me it looks like a combo of cannula subcision with filler on the areas where there could be fat loss, but the hard edges I think are mostly done with phenol cross or tca cross. From what Ive seen people write, phenol is better because it has less risk of widening but its harder to find a doctor experienced in phenol.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 09/20/2020 8:28 pm

On 4/10/2020 at 2:39 PM, aqva said:

Hi All,

I had a very severe acne when I turned 18 and it was gone in under a year with roaccurane/accutane treatment. Sadly, doctors decided to pick my spots and do whatever they wanted as they never seen anyone with the condition I had. I was out of school for months and all.. forward 8 years.. I am left with deep acne scars, been living ok with my scarred face, but recently I am getting more and more upset seeing my face, I think with years my skin is loosing its elasticity and scars are getting deeper. I know many of you have had treatments or seen a few doctors, can anyone recommend what should I start first and what would be good for my acne scars or who should I see for treatment? I currently live in UK/London..

Talk to a doctor about TCA Cross. I think some but not all of your scars can improve but Cross is usually for deeper but smaller scars. The doctor I saw said acids can hit the scars sideways whereas lasers have difficulty doing so. This is the theory behind making the scars shallower with TCA and then smoothing them out with lasers.

I do think lasers will help but save that for the end. Laser treatments are costly and have long downtime.

As far as doctors go, keep browsing the forum. I've read that people have recommended Dr. Chu in London and Dr. Emil in Denmark. I don't know Dr. Chu but have seen Dr. Emil on social media. Read as much as you can and give them a call.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/20/2020 8:40 pm

8 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

Talk to a doctor about TCA Cross. I think some but not all of your scars can improve but. Cross is usually for deeper but smaller scars. The doctor I saw said acids can hit the scars sideways whereas lasers have difficulty doing so. This is the theory behind making the scars shallower with TCA and then smoothing them out with lasers.

I do think lasers will help but save that for the end. Laser treatments are costly and have long downtimes.

As far as doctors go, keep browsing the forum. I've read that people have recommended Dr. Chu in London and Dr. Emil in Denmark. I don't know Dr. Chu but have seen Dr. Emil on social media. Read as much as you can and give them a call.

UK-based doctors are a disappointment. Chu is retired. Anil caused me more scarring. Dr H seems to be operating beyond his competency, having damaged people's skin already. My best chance is to travel abroad. But to which doctor I truly don't know.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 09/21/2020 5:25 am

Dear Aqva, you have prominent sharp boxcars edges. It seems like treating the edges with the laser or high % tca first should improve your scars. Subcision is underskin procedure and seems like the second step option in your case.
Dr.Emil does all of it. Send him ur pics, I am sure he will suggest the best plan. At the moment there are very few Drs who treat acne scars. And not all of them are good.
I did Subs with 3 Drs and only with Dr.Emil it gave improvement.
Unfortunately Denmark is closed for now but when it is open go to him, you will get a realevaluation and discussion what could be done and how.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/21/2020 9:27 am

12 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

UK-based doctors are a disappointment. Chu is retired. Anil caused me more scarring. Dr H seems to be operating beyond his competency, having damaged people's skin already. My best chance is to travel abroad. But to which doctor I truly don't know.

Dr H ? Who is he ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/21/2020 11:56 am

2 hours ago, Miro said:

Dr H ? Who is he ?

Dr Hussein from DrHConsult unfortunately. I was thinking of having his one-off laser treatment at a certain point to get rid of my moderate scarring. Then I found out that people don't recommend him