Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal acne?

MemberMember
(@green-havenhotmail-com)

Posted : 03/31/2020 7:50 am

Edit: Uhh sorry if I posted in the wrong place

Hi!

First post here. I've gone by this website a few times over the years.

So I've had moderate acne since I was 14. I just turned thirty now. I figured I'd wait it out because it has to go away eventually right?

Well it didn't and I'm still full of oil, scars and active pimples.

I literally can't remember a time when my skin was completely clear. ( Except when taking an anti biotic).

I wanted to see if anyone could share insight - my triggers seem to be refined sugar in copious amounts, caffeine, and worst of all - sexual contact.

I can live without soda. I never drink soda, eat candy bars or crap like that. I'd really like to go back to drinking coffee and having sexthough. ( sorry if I come off as vulgar).

If seen many other men bring up this type of Oddily triggered acne before. Has anyone found solutions or tried the acne.org product line?

Saludos

MemberMember
(@pudding-pie)

Posted : 04/03/2020 11:54 am

Have you tried oil cleansing?

MemberMember

Posted : 04/06/2020 8:55 pm

I'm not sure what that is? could you describe it or link me please? quite honestly I've never heard of it.

MemberMember
(@pudding-pie)

Posted : 04/08/2020 2:08 am

I'm a guy and I do this every evening.

My oil is a homemade mix of 30% castor, 30% hempseed and 30% jojoba, all organic cold pressed oils.

I follow it with a vitamin c and hyaluronic acid serum.

Mornings I simply splash with water and use a little moisteriser, honestly my skin has never been better.

Sex for me is a trigger of acne, in fact I believe hormones are the main trigger for most acne. Recently me and my girlfriend were at it every day for 4 days and I broke out a little, however it was only around 3 or 4 tiny zits. If i wasnt oil cleansing it would have been much worse and they definitely wouldn't have been small spots as mine usually become quite inflamed.

MemberMember

Posted : 04/13/2020 5:50 pm

Thanks for your advice I'll give this a shot. I haven't been too too adventurous but I've tried probably all the creams known to man.

MemberMember
(@jlcampi)

Posted : 07/19/2020 9:15 pm

Sugar results in an insulin spike. Insulin allows your body to store fat. Sebum is partially composed of fat.

Free testosterone starts the process of follicles producing sebum and sugar (resulting in elevated insulin) turbocharges the process.

Intercourse causes 2 problems.

1. increased sweating and therefore more sebum production; and

2. Mixing of sebum from your partner, further exacerbating the problem. At 30 you most likely have foliculitis - not acne. Ask your doc if you can try the antibiotic bactrim or bactrim DS. Don't expect a miracle overnight. It will take at least 3 months to see the initial changes associated with therapy. In 6 months there should be a noticeable difference.