Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntzinPantz

CP serum/Glycolic acid after laser resurfacing

Seeing as Isolagen is still not approved in the US I was thinking of using a glycolic peel and CP serum regime to improve my skin texture and possibly smooth off the small indents i have left. Does anyone know of the possible risks I need to be aware of considering I've had several laser resurfacing procedures?

How long should I wait before starting such a regime since I only had Erbium resurfacing done 2 weeks ago?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have read several accounts of people saying that they wound up with "orange peel" texture skin which they feel was due to using glycolic peels. I would do a patch test to see how your skin will respond. I would wait until your skin has fully healed from the laser resurfacing - probably about 3 months.

Thanks Tamara. I've heard of people getting orange peel texture skin from laser resurfacing itself. I was hoping that i could use topicals to get rid of the waxy texture i now have. Perhaps I'll try using cp serum on its own for now.

Try using some bio-oil or olay effects, they both seem to be good at evening out skin texture, and their both safe. Word of warning, if you're going to use Glycolic Acid Peels that are stronger then 10% use a SPF 30+ eusa_angel.gif