Notifications
Clear all

Subscision Downtime

MemberMember
(@bfittritiongmail-com)

Posted : 03/18/2020 10:45 am

Can anyone help provide me with some insight on expected downtime of subcision alone not in combination with any laser or microneedling. One - two days? Will i be completely out of commission or can i wear a little makeup and go out in public

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 03/18/2020 11:49 am

The expected downtime depends how aggressive your treatment is, how fast you heal, etc. For me personally, it was about 4-5 days or so. I went to Dr Rullan for full face & temples and my face was completely swollen after the session. I received a kenalog shot after,so the swelling reduced dramatically the next day. I was not completely out of commission, I still did my day to day things. But I just took it easy; I did not work out,relaxed, stayed out of the sun, etc.

MemberMember
(@bfittritiongmail-com)

Posted : 03/18/2020 1:08 pm

1 hour ago, slide. said:

The expected downtime depends how aggressive your treatment is, how fast you heal, etc. For me personally, it was about 4-5 days or so. I went to Dr Rullan for full face & temples and my face was completely swollen after the session. I received a kenalog shot after,so the swelling reduced dramatically the next day. I was not completely out of commission, I still did my day to day things. But I just took it easy; I did not work out,relaxed, stayed out of the sun, etc.

Thank you. I am only have the sides of my mouth and a little on my cheeks done to be treated for maybe just a day to two. Thats what the Dr said it would be but i wanted to hear personal experience

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 03/18/2020 1:13 pm

Awesome, good luck on your treatment!

Fabian22596 and Bfit liked
MemberMember
(@bfittritiongmail-com)

Posted : 03/18/2020 2:54 pm

1 hour ago, slide. said:

Awesome, good luck on your treatment!

Should i be nervous, does it hurt? Did you get the desired results you were hooping for ? How many treatments did you get ?

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 03/18/2020 3:33 pm

I've had 5 subcisions so far within the past 1.5 years. I have also received other treatments so with everything combined, yes, results have been great.

I was not nervous at all since I knew I was going to one of the best docs for this type of treatment.

Which doctor are you seeing? Will you have to travel far?

MemberMember
(@bfittritiongmail-com)

Posted : 03/18/2020 3:43 pm

9 minutes ago, slide. said:

I've had 5 subcisions so far within the past 1.5 years. I have also received other treatments so with everything combined, yes, results have been great.

I was not nervous at all since I knew I was going to one of the best docs for this type of treatment.

I live in Canada. I will be seeing a board certified dermatologist in my local City so the convenience is a huge plus

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 03/18/2020 3:56 pm

9 minutes ago, Bfit said:

I live in Canada. I will be seeing a board certified dermatologist in my local City so the convenience is a huge plus

Nice yeah, that is extremely convenient. Ihad to fly about an hour or so to see Rullan, but it's been well worth it IMO.

Keep us updated with your progress!

MemberMember
(@bfittritiongmail-com)

Posted : 03/18/2020 3:57 pm

Just now, slide. said:

Nice yeah, that is extremely convenient. Ihad to fly about an hour or so to see Rullan, but it's been well worth it IMO.

Keep us updated with your progress!

Thank you! Will do. Thank you for the helpful information

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 03/20/2020 12:42 am

On 3/18/2020 at 3:33 PM, slide. said:

how far apart were each sessions of subcisions done? and what percentage of improvment have you gotten?

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 03/20/2020 11:07 am

Subcisions were around 3 months apart. Tough to pinpoint a specificpercentage improvement, but results have been very positive. Along with subcisions, I have had many other treatments:Sculptra, RF needling, regular needling, Phenol CROSS -- several sessions of each. Also just had my first TCA/Jessner's peel a few weeks ago.