Notifications
Clear all

Face damaged after laser

MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 03/15/2020 11:18 pm

I had aggressive laser 3 months ago and im left with deeper scars,my skin looks supper thin and saggy.I will post my review with pictures and the doctors name soon. Im horrified and been so depressed. When i mentioned it to the doctor she immediately replied by saying its because ivelost weight.

im so sick of doctors like this who never want to take any responsibility and end up blaming the patients for bad results. We spend so much money on improving our skin and they destroy our face like its nothing. On top of everything she is stating in order to see more improvement i would need to do this procedure two more times. How can they expect me to do this when with the first time my skin has been ruined. I have to spend so much more to fix my skin because of this. She obviously does not want to refund my money. Im sick to my stomach how doctors like her can get away with this. Have any of you had similar situation? Did you guys take this matter to court?

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 03/16/2020 12:05 am

You should leave a review for the doc on realself.com with pictures. I believe you can report what happened to you to the medical board of the state you had the procedure in. You can also seek advice from a malpractice lawyer. I'd give your skin more time to heal and hopefully you see improvement with time.

MemberMember
(@markpaulworth5mail-com)

Posted : 03/16/2020 12:22 pm

I've read countless stories of people having negative experiences with lasers.

I never went down that route because of the ridiculous cost (800 for one fraxel treatment).

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Know that you are not alone...

My advice is to play it safe when it comes to treatments.

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 03/16/2020 2:48 pm

Who is the doctor and what did you have done?

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 03/16/2020 4:03 pm

It is best to have before and after pictures in similar lighting/angle for you to really see the changes in your skin.

Hopefully you did that.

I hope this is only temporary for you.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 03/17/2020 6:52 am

this happened to me and when i left a review, they contracted me and tried to "buy out" my review, basically pay me with free treatments to take it down

acne scars are really really bad thing to have to deal with mainly becasue of the treatment options, its saturated with false hope, many of these "derms" are scum of the earth

Aba2020 liked
MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 03/17/2020 8:12 pm

13 hours ago, cookingENG said:

this happened to me and when i left a review, they contracted me and tried to "buy out" my review, basically pay me with free treatments to take it down

acne scars are really really bad thing to have to deal with mainly becasue of the treatment options, its saturated with false hope, many of these "derms" are scum of the earth

Ya it makes u never trust any doctors. The doctor is so stubborn that she doesn't want to admit she is wrong. It makes me so angry how these doctors are continuously making money while we have to suffer from the damage theyve done to our face.

MemberMember
(@ferraritradersgmail-com)

Posted : 03/17/2020 10:05 pm

What kind of laser was it? And what is your skin type (light skinned, dark skinned)?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/17/2020 11:10 pm

On 3/16/2020 at 5:18 AM, Aba2020 said:

I had aggressive laser 3 months ago and im left with deeper scars,my skin looks supper thin and saggy.I will post my review with pictures and the doctors name soon. Im horrified and been so depressed. When i mentioned it to the doctor she immediately replied by saying its because ivelost weight.

im so sick of doctors like this who never want to take any responsibility and end up blaming the patients for bad results. We spend so much money on improving our skin and they destroy our face like its nothing. On top of everything she is stating in order to see more improvement i would need to do this procedure two more times. How can they expect me to do this when with the first time my skin has been ruined. I have to spend so much more to fix my skin because of this. She obviously does not want to refund my money. Im sick to my stomach how doctors like her can get away with this. Have any of you had similar situation? Did you guys take this matter to court?

This sounds so familiar. The same happened to me. I was hopong that the Fraxel laser can help with my scars but it created new infection and new scars.

I am very sorry it happened to you. Try to take good care of your skin with gentle products and hopefully with time it will recover. Give your skin the proper time and care to heal!

My advice to you is expose this doctor, call her out here on acne.org. write a review on google, on realself.com, everywhere!! These doctors deserve it!!!! And it's not that you a lying. You are simply describing what experience you had. It's also important to warnfellow scar sufferers not to trust this doctor!

On 3/16/2020 at 6:05 AM, dodgerguy said:

You should leave a review for the doc on realself.com with pictures. I believe you can report what happened to you to the medical board of the state you had the procedure in. You can also seek advice from a malpractice lawyer. I'd give your skin more time to heal and hopefully you see improvement with time.

I second that. Turn to the medical board of the state. Take photos of your face in the recovery phase and later that show the damage.