Notifications
Clear all

RF healing sucks

MemberMember
(@taylor-gregisgmail-com)

Posted : 03/15/2020 2:05 pm

Hey guys, 

This post is mostly a vent but hopefully those with similar experiences can talk about it here together.

I™m 5 weeks out from my 4th microneedling RF session and feeling so disheartened. My skin continues to be dry, which results in lessened quality and increases the perception of texture. Furthermore, my scars look worse. Deeper and as if there is additional fat loss in the areas where the energy was concentrated.  I™m feeling so depressed about this endless journey and the complex healing process of RF microneedling devices.

The silver lining is that, after my 3rd (very aggressive) treatment, I saw similar issues. But I powered through and my skin returned to a natural, slightly improved state somewhere in the 3-6 month mark post treatment.

I know that other discussions on here have alluded to the fact that it™s a 3 month healing time for these treatments and the side effects I™ve listed are not uncommon. Not sure why I™m so effected by it this time but talking to others who have similar experiences would help me remember there™s light at the end of the tunnel.

For those curious, I™ve been treated with the Secret RF device. For my 3rd and 4th treatments, derm did 5 passes at varying depths (deepest was 3mm) and energy levels.  Visible healing time was around 7-10 days, but the remodeling process seems to take a minimum 3 months for me :(

MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 03/15/2020 11:41 pm

Hey i just had lasers too and my skin is deeper with fat loss. The doctor does not want to take any responsibility . I will never ever do lasers. Its horrifying. I think safest bet for us is to do fillers and microneedling since lasers can really destroy face

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 03/16/2020 12:11 am

Yup, I've made several posts regarding my reservations with RF needling. A derm I saw in December warned me about possible fat loss and scars possibly looking worse with her machine, which was Genius RF. The derm said since she could barely make out my scars, that I should take a risk with any RF machine. These machines have shown to help some, but there's always risks with high energy machines. You should think real hard before doing a 5th treatment. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/18/2020 12:07 am

On 3/16/2020 at 1:11 AM, dodgerguy said:

Yup, I've made several posts regarding my reservations with RF needling. A derm I saw in December warned me about possible fat loss and scars possibly looking worse with her machine, which was Genius RF. The derm said since she could barely make out my scars, that I should take a risk with any RF machine. These machines have shown to help some, but there's always risks with high energy machines. You should think real hard before doing a 5th treatment. Good luck.

Genius RF saved my face. I understand the apprehension and all procedures have their horror stories and their success stories but I have no regrets personally.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 03/18/2020 3:26 am

3 hours ago, Kay24 said:

Genius RF saved my face. I understand the apprehension and all procedures have their horror stories and their success stories but I have no regrets personally.

Do u wan to tell us more, it was acne scars or different problem ?, its true that anything can happen with any procedure, there maybe 100 people and 1 unhappy and his voice is heard, because he goes online. But mostly i see this horror stories from people that went to cosmetic saloon, or not very skilled doctor, or very agressive deep setting was performed on their face. I understand that even with best doctor and best device anything can happen , but still if u go to someone who has name and reputation u minimalize the risk.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 03/18/2020 12:08 pm

Sorry to hear! So far, I've had a total of 6 RF treatments and I've hadpositive experiences. 3 of my treatments were with Secret as well.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/18/2020 2:26 pm

10 hours ago, Miro said:

Do u wan to tell us more, it was acne scars or different problem ?, its true that anything can happen with any procedure, there maybe 100 people and 1 unhappy and his voice is heard, because he goes online. But mostly i see this horror stories from people that went to cosmetic saloon, or not very skilled doctor, or very agressive deep setting was performed on their face. I understand that even with best doctor and best device anything can happen , but still if u go to someone who has name and reputation u minimalize the risk.

It's acne scarring. I went to a practitioner in Ohio that was one of the first in the country to use the infini device. They really couldn't say enough about the upgrade, the Genius device makes infini obsolete. I've been a member on this forum for 5 years. I haven't seen RF basklash until recently. I personally would not seek any other device than Genius. That's a huge preference for me.

You do look worse after you get it. Takes a few weeks to get the benefits of the procedure. it's a long game procedure. Month after month you see pretty drastic lifting. You also need a resurfacing procedure to wrap it all up.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 03/20/2020 8:28 am

On 3/18/2020 at 8:26 PM, Kay24 said:

It's acne scarring. I went to a practitioner in Ohio that was one of the first in the country to use the infini device. They really couldn't say enough about the upgrade, the Genius device makes infini obsolete. I've been a member on this forum for 5 years. I haven't seen RF basklash until recently. I personally would not seek any other device than Genius. That's a huge preference for me.

You do look worse after you get it. Takes a few weeks to get the benefits of the procedure. it's a long game procedure. Month after month you see pretty drastic lifting. You also need a resurfacing procedure to wrap it all up.

Thanks for your time and answer, did u do whole face or just zones with acne scars ?

Have u done subcision prior to this ?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 03/21/2020 11:23 pm

just an assumption, We don't have pics of you but here is what I assume. Did you have fat loss and widespread scarring before doing RF ? If so the best way to treat this is through sculptra and or HA filler injected deep as to create more volume. Doing RF on a face with fatloss will create further fatloss. Also 3mm seems to be too deep and 5 passes seems too many passes. There have been good results with 2.5mm and 3 passes with varying depths.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 03/22/2020 2:42 am

3 hours ago, joeysk said:

just an assumption, We don't have pics of you but here is what I assume. Did you have fat loss and widespread scarring before doing RF ? If so the best way to treat this is through sculptra and or HA filler injected deep as to create more volume. Doing RF on a face with fatloss will create further fatloss. Also 3mm seems to be too deep and 5 passes seems too many passes. There have been good results with 2.5mm and 3 passes with varying depths.

I had Genius performed on me 3 weeks ago , doctor did 3 passes on my face, except cheeks where he did 5 passes and deepest he went again on cheeks 2.5 mm, and he said to me, you have thick skin thats why i go so deep, he said he wouldnt go deeper, caus it could cause fat loss, but i understand everyone is diff., f.e. forehead he went 1.3 mm deepest pass, and 3 passes. He said to me, 3 - 3.5 mm with this device he goes on places where people want fat loss, f.e. loose double chin or something like that.

And i must say first two weeks my healing was good everywhere except my lower cheeks - 5 passes 2,5 mm - where i had prolonged redness, now it looks like its going away , its still there but it goes away, so i hope it will be gona in 4-5 weeks completly.

Btw in how many weeks u can really tell there are no side effects ? Some people reported online that they saw fat loss in week 5 after the treatment.

Thats the biggest concern for everybody i suppose, possible fat loss.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 04/16/2020 3:05 am

On 3/15/2020 at 8:05 PM, Guat3mala said:

Hey guys, 

This post is mostly a vent but hopefully those with similar experiences can talk about it here together.

I™m 5 weeks out from my 4th microneedling RF session and feeling so disheartened. My skin continues to be dry, which results in lessened quality and increases the perception of texture. Furthermore, my scars look worse. Deeper and as if there is additional fat loss in the areas where the energy was concentrated.  I™m feeling so depressed about this endless journey and the complex healing process of RF microneedling devices.

The silver lining is that, after my 3rd (very aggressive) treatment, I saw similar issues. But I powered through and my skin returned to a natural, slightly improved state somewhere in the 3-6 month mark post treatment.

I know that other discussions on here have alluded to the fact that it™s a 3 month healing time for these treatments and the side effects I™ve listed are not uncommon. Not sure why I™m so effected by it this time but talking to others who have similar experiences would help me remember there™s light at the end of the tunnel.

For those curious, I™ve been treated with the Secret RF device. For my 3rd and 4th treatments, derm did 5 passes at varying depths (deepest was 3mm) and energy levels.  Visible healing time was around 7-10 days, but the remodeling process seems to take a minimum 3 months for me :(

Well I am 6 weeks and 3 days from my Genius Lutronic and it seems i am experiencing the same problems like u , looks like energy devices are not for me, i hope i wont be sorry at the end that i did it.

Prior to this dr performed 2  subc with filler and i was very happy with results, i just wanted to solve some superficial issues, looks like i will have to go with TCA peels or something.

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 04/19/2020 4:48 am

@Mirowho is your doctor?

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/17/2020 2:36 am

On 3/21/2020 at 11:23 PM, joeysk said:

How do I know if my derm is injecting sculptra deeply?

Looks like I might one of the ppl seeing negative results from genius. Scars look deeper. 2 months out from 2nd genius treatment.

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 07/17/2020 5:43 am

I am just going to add my thoughts on this:

First, 3mm seems way too deep. Diabetics use needles as short as 4mm to inject insulin, which is supposed to reach your subcutaneous fat layer since thats is where insulin is supposed to be injected. Now the skin on your body is thicker than the skin on your face, so for somebody to think that 3mm needles in the face would still be in the dermis ..... Even 2.5mm kinda too deep.

You should also factor in that by having acne for years, that inflammation in your skin will destroy tissue, resulting in a thinner dermis or less fat.

I am not a doctor but thats just me using logic.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 07/17/2020 6:01 am

3 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

How do I know if my derm is injecting sculptra deeply?

Looks like I might one of the ppl seeing negative results from genius. Scars look deeper. 2 months out from 2nd genius treatment.

Dont panic just yet, wait one month , then you can panic , just kidding. I ve looked worse for 3 months , then it started to look better.

MemberMember
(@outkast93)

Posted : 07/17/2020 1:46 pm

I had Genius/Subcisiondone this past Monday July 13th. My temples where there was only RF Microneedling done look much better even after the swelling is gone. Might still be a little too soon to say so.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/17/2020 2:41 pm

RF devices should only be used forshallow boxcar or rolling scars. They will not work for icepicks.You should nevergo deeper than 2.5 mm otherwise you risk melting the fat. Always remember there's no across-the-board one-size-fits-all treatment that can somehow fix all types of scars.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/17/2020 3:21 pm

How do I know my derm is inject sculptra deeply

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/17/2020 5:29 pm

2 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

How do I know my derm is inject sculptra deeply

The simple answer is you don't. However, Sculptra is injected much deeper than HA fillers.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 07/17/2020 8:50 pm

14 hours ago, Miro said:

Dont panic just yet, wait one month , then you can panic , just kidding. I ve looked worse for 3 months , then it started to look better.

Same here, my first genius looked a little worst the first 2 months and only looked better ( filled up) the 4th month. But then it kinda looked like it went back to the way it was before.

How many genius have you had done?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 07/18/2020 6:28 am

16 hours ago, outkast93 said:

I had Genius/Subcisiondone this past Monday July 13th. My temples where there was only RF Microneedling done look much better even after the swelling is gone. Might still be a little too soon to say so.

Its too soon, wait 3 months

First

9 hours ago, dirigo39 said:

Same here, my first genius looked a little worst the first 2 months and only looked better ( filled up) the 4th month. But then it kinda looked like it went back to the way it was before.

How many genius have you had done?

Just 1 , its was 1st march 2020, its 4 and half month, first 3 months nothing, 4 month its started to look a lot better, now i am not sure, it looks like some zones went back to where it was, some zone are def. better looking, need to go to my doctor and talk to him, I dont know if i should do 2nd treatment, but if i do it will def. be my last one, people online say that you see best results from second so...

I feel i have a lot superficial scars now, 2 subcisions with filler and now Genius + subc lifted some zone quite good, so i think i ll do some peeling or laser to resurface, i ll see.

U had your 2nd treatment ? How did u like results after first ?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/18/2020 2:32 pm

7 hours ago, Miro said:

I dont know if i should do 2nd treatment, but if i do it will def. be my last one, people online say that you see best results from second so...

I suggest you get Sculptra 4 weeks prior to Genius. It takes roughly 4 weeks for the body to absorb Sculptra and start producing collagen.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 07/18/2020 2:43 pm

10 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

I suggest you get Sculptra 4 weeks prior to Genius. It takes roughly 4 weeks for the body to absorb Sculptra and start producing collagen.

I dont have that deep zones that are suitable for sculptra , my main concern is forehead, no one will inject sculptra there

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 07/18/2020 6:52 pm

You need AT LEAST a week to heal from RF microneedling despite what doctors tell you. I read that you recover in 2-4 days. Yeah right. They just want your money. It is NOT a weekend procedure - you don't do it on a Friday and go back to work on Monday.You will need some concealer after a week if you are self-conscious.

I've heard some people getting bigger or additionalpores because of the needles. Also, fat loss can happen according to some so beware.

Dr. Lim praised Infini on his channel a few years back. Take that for what it's worth. There seems to be science behind it but, just like every procedure, some people get good results and others don't.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/18/2020 8:25 pm

5 hours ago, Miro said:

I dont have that deep zones that are suitable for sculptra , my main concern is forehead, no one will inject sculptra there

I wasn't aware that it was for the forehead. For the forehead, I suggest Botox.

Anyway, sculptra *should* be considered before Infini/Genius, for I've heard good results from the combo. Be sure toget sculptra 4 weeks before RF.