Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hear that scrubs can irratate acne, so I want to stay clear of them. People say use baking soda or epsom salt, but I don't have enough time to make a solution and apply it or w/e and even if it doesn't take long, I'd rather just buy a product.

Could anyone reccommend a good exfoliator that's readily available and isn't a scrub?

ooh ooh, me first.

microdermabrasion cloth. you can get two for $10 on ebay. i got mine from thankyoustan and i absolutely love love love them. they are surprisingly soft, and can be used as a regular washcloth, or squeeze the water out and rub across your face for some excellent (yet gentle!) exfoliation!! and they last forever. literally. weeeeee

ooh ooh, me first.

microdermabrasion cloth. you can get two for $10 on ebay. i got mine from thankyoustan and i absolutely love love love them. they are surprisingly soft, and can be used as a regular washcloth, or squeeze the water out and rub across your face for some excellent (yet gentle!) exfoliation!! and they last forever. literally. weeeeee

Can you buy them in a drugstore lol? I'm a little weary about buying things online...(actually my parents are because theres the ones with the credit card!)

I hear that scrubs can irratate acne, so I want to stay clear of them. People say use baking soda or epsom salt, but I don't have enough time to make a solution and apply it or w/e and even if it doesn't take long, I'd rather just buy a product.

Could anyone reccommend a good exfoliator that's readily available and isn't a scrub?

Me either, cause my hot water runs out fast hahaha lol.gif .. But after cleansing the skin I got a jar of fresh baking soda next to my sink. I grab it after cleansing my skin with tea tree oil then pour some in my hand and a bit of water not to much and then rub it all over my face. Then I rinse. Bam takes me about 35 seconds to be exact. I'll time my self next time just for you hahaha.

Can you buy them in a drugstore lol? I'm a little weary about buying things online...(actually my parents are because theres the ones with the credit card!)

i am not sure exactly. but it's totally worth it to buy it online, it comes fast in the mail, and the guy selling them has sold like over 8000, so i don't think you'll have a problem with the seller. smile.gif i've heard baking soda is the best "scrub" but it still probably takes a lot longer than using a microdermabrasion cloth.

This is a bit risky, but I've found that the lemon juice method actually works. The trick is to not put too much on, and to not do it too often. It clears out a lot of the dead skin cells that are clogging the pores. If you do it right before you go to bed, a lot of your acne will literally peel off when you wake up in the morning. But like I said, it's risky. I have heard a lot of reports of people's skin reacting badly to it.

Use apple cider vinegar and mix 50/50 in a bottle and use as a toner after washing. It doesn't smell the best but it is a natural low cost exfoliator. If it is a little to strong use a little less vinegar and more water.

I like Zia Fresh Papaya Enzyme Peel, but I'd patch test it just in case your skin is super sensitive from the BP.